Guy Hides Marriage Proposal In Every Photo With Girlfriend For Months
This may be the most dedicated marriage proposal we’ve come across. When Ray Smith, from Grimsby UK, decided it was time to pop the question to his pregnant girlfriend Claire, he decided to opt for the long game. For the next five months, Ray strove to take a photo with Claire every day, and each time he snuck in the words “Will you marry me?” The photos totaled 148, and she never found out.
“I searched online for unusual proposals and I saw ideas like flash mobs and that sort of thing,” Smith said. “So I decided to come up with my own idea to take a picture every day for five months.” Claire’s response? “I was totally surprised, but in hindsight it’s exactly the kind of thing he does…I said yes straight away, I didn’t need to think about it.”
You can check out the full gallery below.
1. “I originally thought about popping the question in a hot air balloon,” said Ray.
2. “I have been planning to propose for a while and I knew I wanted to do something romantic.”
3. “In June we received some great news that Claire was expecting a baby, which put a stop to that plan.”
4. “I decided to come up with my own idea to take a picture every day for five months.”
5. “I told her I was taking the pictures to track the progress of the baby.”
6. “Sometimes she wanted to see the pictures so I had to take more than one – one with the card and one without.”
7. “I had no clue, I was totally oblivious to it all,” said Claire.
8. “He told me he was taking the pictures to create memories for the baby so I just let him get on with it.”
9. “It was really stressful putting it all together, it took a lot of hard work. She nearly caught me a couple of times but I just had to pray it worked.”
10. “He told me he was taking the pictures to create memories for the baby so I just let him get on with it,” said Claire.
11. Ray went so far as to tease his future fiancee about proposing
12. “I actually started teasing her saying 2016 is a leap year, and she should actually propose to me”
13. He decided Christmas Day would be the moment to actually propose to her. “It was all a bit chaotic, so I took her away and set it all up on the laptop. I got down on one knee and gave her a bit of spiel, and then popped the question.”
Claire’s response? “I said yes straight away, I didn’t need to think about it. I got a bit emotional but I am pregnant after all.”