The King

June 29th, 2009

The King - Siblings

Gone but not forgotten.

(submitted by Josh)

161 Responses to “The King”

1. becky says:

omgoodness! this is not awkward, this is bad A**!! i totally would not be ashamed to have this as my photo. i’d pimp it out like there was no tomorrow!

2. victoria says:

does anyone know where i could get one of those jackets? i have always wanted to get the “beat it” outfit for myself…

3. Jacinda says:

Elvis is the King, Michael Jackson is the King of Pop. See the difference? it shouldn’t matter what he did in his personal life. I’m not saying what he might have done is right, but he was a musical LEGEND. He was famous for his music, his dancing, his style, etc. He isn’t like Spencer and Heidi ( the Hills ) whom are people who are made famous so people can talk crap about them! Michael Jackson isn’t with us anymore, he can’t do the bad he did, so we should respect him for his musical talents and disregard everything else! RIP MJ <3

4. Kira says:

…really, some of you guys are getting kinda carried away with this whole picture…

5. Josh says:

… This is the story
    of a Johnny Rotten
    It’s better to burn out
    than it is to rust
    The king is gone
    but he’s not forgotten.

6. Christina says:

I love this photo- my brother had this same jacket but mom said no to the glitter glove!

7. brian says:

I love how their sleeves are all scrunched up. It’s like they’ve rolled Miami Vice, Michael Jackson and Ricky Schroeder all into one.

8. Miku says:

I loved this! They look so adorable and happy with their beat-it jackets!

9. Albert says:

This isn’t awkward at all. it’s just cute.

10. IAmNoOne says:

These I Love the 80′s shows, have gone too far now.

11. XLscooper says:

Sha’mon times 3.

12. Mark says:

Chess King called, they want their jackets back.

13. Dave says:

Michael Jackson 1958-2009, Popstar extraordinaire-PROVEN. Superb dancer-PROVEN. Abit off the wall- MAYBE. A paedophile- DEFINITELY UNPROVEN. Those crucifying him now would never have had the bottle to state it while he was alive. Let the guy rest in peace, he never had much of it while he was alive. Just enjoy what he left us- HIS MUSIC.

14. Samantha says:

Nice! A wonderful homage.

RIP Michael. I miss you.

15. Jeanne says:

Sweet pic! Especially at this time…………Yeah, Michael became stranger and stranger the older he got. However, he was IT back in the day. This is cute.

16. Lacey says:

This is nothing more than Johnny’s childhood picture. (The bully from the Karate Kid.)

17. John Frusciante says:

Michael Jackson WAS A JOKE

He had 1 (ONE) popular alnum, everything else was bought because they thought it would be thriller 2 — it wasn’t. He was panned throughout his career. He wasted all his money on selfish BS rather than make a difference.

He wrote “We are the wold” — bahhahahah!!!

Freak show, child molester, cheesey 80s music-making joke

Ugh – I can’t wait until everyone forgets about him.

• Peg says:

John, not sure how old you are, but MJ had a lot more than ONE popular album.
      I remember getting Off the Wall as a gift in the late 70s – and I still have the ALBUM!

Yes, he is a bit of a freak, and has been accussed of horrific acts. And I’m bracing myself for the next year of he did, he didn’t, she said, she didn’t media coverage.

But I don’t think anyone can disagree that the “man” was an amazing entertainer.

• Um says:

Psst….

Your ignorance is showing.

18. Joanne says:

I think these boys are adorable. Love how they all rolled up their sleeves! At least their hair isn’t bad-for the 80s!

19. jeremy says:

HEE HEE!! CHAMONEE!!

20. jeff394 says:

Those kids are not my sons…

21. Jayme Weber says:

I absolutely agree. “The King” is Elvis, not Michael Jackson. They should have maned this photo “Thriller” or “The Jackson Three”

22. Steph says:

The jackets look like the one Kandea wears in akira.

23. Jay says:

Weird Al’s kids.

24. HurleyBurleyGirl says:

These boys are just the cutest little pumpkin heads ever! They are adorable.

25. ox says:

we are from the future…This pic hasnt been taken yet..Heck these kids are not even born yet…we come to warn you about the future…

Ooohh shoot…we be to late..

26. Jan says:

I remember those jackets! Cute pic! (Those jackets are worth some $$$ now! …helloooo EBay!)

27. Krish says:

i’ve been waiting for you guys to post some type of MJ tribute! and you did! yay!
    i was actually expecting to see some kind of Jackson family photo. but this one is too cute!

28. Melba says:

I see 2 Michael Jacksons and a Sgt. Pepper.

29. HUH says:

Should have been a full body picture showing their parachute pants and Vans listening to Rush on the cassette jam box.

30. mark says:

I’m sure Mom is confused as to why all the mean kids at school keep beating up her precious angels.

Mean Kid at School: MOON WALK Little timmy, MOON WALK or I will pour your milk all over your corinthian leather jackets.

31. Angel says:

Why are their arms a totally different color than their faces??

Cute pic though! :)

32. Steve says:

Nice MJ tribute – but what with the kid in the white “Beat It” jacket?

33. Melba says:

They’re covered in FLIES!

34. esperanza says:

these kids are ADORABLE!!!

35. Kattjake says:

What cool parents they have. No bacon suits for this awesome trio. Just sweet Beat It jackets.

36. Susan says:

It’s awkwardly cute, or cutely awkward. The little guy at the front just melts my hard heart.

37. MGB says:

The second one looks awfully like an Olsen twin.
    It’s really creepy.

38. Cassie says:

They look like Ricky Schroder when he was on Silver Spoons.

39. Richard Davies says:

The one on the right looks a bit like a friend of mine when he was young.

Those are very 1980s jackets but the hairstyles are restrained by comparison.

40. Señor_Citizen says:

Poor little guy.
    He looks forward to the day he reaches full-red MJ vinyl jacket status.
    Until then, keep practicing your moonwalk, and remember…
    Buh-buh-buh…Thrill-errrrrrrrr!

41. TREEMAN says:

…looks more like the “BAD” video of MICHAEL JACKSON.
    you´re MUSIC is still ALIVE…

42. Cheesewhiz says:

Aww, I think this is adorable!

43. Tritch says:

Wait a second… aren’t these the Bacon Brothers? These kids have some FINE taste in clothing.

44. billyboy says:

We spent the night at Michaels and all we got were these cheap vinyl jackets. That’s our story and we’re sticking to it.

45. Is one of them holding a compound bow? I can’t tell.

46. Celeste says:

It’s a sign of the apocolus: leather jackets with the sleeves rolled up!

47. James says:

The real KING is Elvis,this guy is a nobody he only had 4 real songs.

• Fendi says:

Only 4 songs!!!!! What were they then??

• Cloud says:

8 songs in the top ten iTunes charts and 7 albums in the top ten album charts. Not to mention no album even comes close to the sales Thriller made. Yeah, no real songs, kk.

• Craig says:

4 real songs? You are musically challenged my friend.

• Good job on showing your ignorance. Elvis most definitely is the King, but he is not the King of Pop, which MJ is. Point is: Elvis is awesome but that doesn’t mean other people can’t be as well.

• Jacqueline says:

4 real songs is probably more than you could say about yourself i doubt you ever had the pressures in growing up nor the backhanded luck that he had.. but i do agree i didn’t really care that much when MJ passed. however, i cried when billy mays died.=(

• MargoFromFargo says:

I AGREE.

What is this “king of pop” garbage??? Up until he died he was the “Prince of Pop” He doesn’t get promoted for DYING.

• Um says:

Um….no. It’s always been the king of pop.
        What is this “not knowing what you’re talking about” garbage?

• Jenmyluv says:

I am almost speechless to this (ALMOST my key word here). I want to know what ROCK you crawled out of to think he JUST was called this after death? I am going to say that you need to just crawl back, cause you are SO lost. Regardless to if you ‘liked’ him or not, I grew up with his music along with millions before and after … he WILL be missed, a true musical legend.

• Red says:

Weel, it’s obvious that James and Margo are morons. Get your facts straight before flippantly throwing around insults.

• Nicole says:

Well, James is clearly a moron.

• Capo Flynn says:

You’re an idiot on the biggest level! Elvis couldn’t hold MJ’s jock! Outside of U.S. who knew or even cared about Elvis & his redneck @$$! F.Y.I. check the SoundScan, Billboard charts-end of story, Game Over!

• Aspen says:

Yup, let’s all immortalize a child molester. good going, you fools.

• Eivor says:

I hope that someone accuses you of something with no evidence and that you spend the rest of your life (and death) being harassed by scum such as yourself.

• Wendy says:

No evidence? The man went on national television and admitted to sharing his bed with little boys (albeit with the caveat that there was no sexual activity) but I think it would be foolish to say that it’s appropriate for a nonparent or guardian to share a bed with a child. If he were any regular person would you think it were appropriate for him to sleep with children? I feel that the REAL scum are the people who are naive/stupid/blind that think any kind of inappropriate activity with a child is acceptable.

• jennifer from ky says:

omg. he’s dead. get over it. did you know him personally? SERIOUSLY people!

• Blucat says:

I don’t really want to enter the fray but I must speak up on this. Why does no one understand that when Michael said “bedroom” or “bed” it meant a multi-story guest house with many rooms?! The bed itself was probably a width larger than most people’s average bedrooms. A “bedroom” for the King of Pop is not exactly a typical size or shape for a room that most people think of.

• Lacie says:

That’s odd that you say that considering ‘Thriller” was the best selling record of ALL TIME!!!!!!

• PrettyFUnny says:

WHat he hell is wrong with you? Are you okay? Did you not hear that he beat The Beatles record too….I think you seriously don’t know ANYTHING about music. ANd just incase you didn’t know, he still lives on through his music, that was HIS SOUL, HIS PASSION, HIS LIFE. and for as long as it’s still around, he’ll live on! he was the best, is the best, and will always be the best. So you go get a life, and listen to your crappy self.

ANd for all you haters that keep CRITICIZING Him OVER some SCANDAL that the MEDIA got out of control with-child molestor- is STUPID. IF you’re a true fan, you’d only follow with what MJ would have to say for himself, and he did say what he felt and thought about it all, and even told his fans, to not listen to the media…and who ever does listen to the media? only ignorant fools like you JAMES and others! LOL…..ha ha…seriously…he’s the KING OF POP and always will be, he had a distinct way of dancing, and had a great voice!! DUH!!!! JACKSON 5 baby! MJ will live on!!! REST IN PEACE MICHAEL JACKSON!!!! REST IN PEACE…and I APOLOGIZE for all these people that still won’t leave you alone!!!!

• lovedoctormike says:

Funny, I thought this was Awkward Family Photos, not the Let Us Debate Michael Jackson web page. Every body will have opinons, even if they are stupid or uninformed, but this is seriously making me depressed when I am supposed to be LOL….

48. D-Mo says:

This is not awkward, but it is very sweet. Goodbye Michael, I hope you are at peace.

49. D says:

Where’s the white glove? :-)

50. silva says:

Thriller? LOL \O/

• jessica says:

The kid on the left looks like the mean kid from Karate Kid, i think he even wore the same jacket in the movie.

• charlie says:

Totally is Johnny from the Cobra Kai Dojo. The only reason he’s smiling is he just beat up some skinny kid on the beach and then broke a girl’s radio.

51. Señor_Citizen says:

Justin is today’s winner!
    (so far…)

52. Sarah says:

No one cared!!!??? Dude…he just sold out a 50 show world wide tour…I think that, at a minimum, every single person who bought tickets to those shows would beg to differ with you.

53. Um says:

It’s clear that half of you who believe the biased Martin Bashir documentary to be truth haven’t even WATCHED it. MJ never said he slept with the boys in the bed. He said he gave THEM the bed and he slept on the floor (or vice versa). It is very clear that when he said “sharing” the bed he meant letting them use it. Watch the interview.

When you’re done, watch the rebuttal video hosted by Maury Povich. It’s the “Take 2″ Michael Jackson special. It’s on youtube.