Playtex

September 4th, 2009

Who needs toys?

(submitted by Megan)

Tags: ,

You Might Also Like

237 Responses to “Playtex”

1. Liz says:

I could never leave my purse on the floor where my little dog could get into it when no one was looking. She would always go for my pad stash and rip them apart all over the floor. I still don’t know what the attraction was for her.

2. Jan says:

I heard that a woman won a magazine contest for “Most Embarrassing Experience” when her boys took all her tampons and used them for parachutes on the front lawn.

3. girlygirl says:

funny but not awkard – come on people!

4. Lindsay says:

My little sisters used to stick them to the bottom of their feet and use them as skates, it was too funny :D

5. Michelle says:

Who needs Halloween candy when you’ve got Tampax?!

6. Maureen says:

This is the best pic! The look on the little one’s face is too cute!!

7. amanda says:

I was babysitting some rather rambunctious boys once. Just when I thought I had them under control one of them comes calmly into the living room stuffing a tampon in his ear. He told me thy were mommy’s ear cleaners.

8. WillM says:

It turns out the Lion wasn’t cowardly after all. He had another problem that the Wizard could not fix.

9. exploder says:

“Yeahhuh, we can too, Jimmy, it says so right here on the box: ‘With Playtex Tampons, you can go horseback riding, go swimming, play tennis, go running, ride a motorcycle….’”

10. Tiffany! says:

Oh man, that little kid is ten different kinds of adorable.

11. Chel Krisik says:

This is TOO funny! I love that the little ‘lion’ is using them for claws! I don’t think this is awkward, but cute & funny. Now if it were 2 grown men….

12. Heino says:

Thank God I’m not the only kid who used to do that! I used to pretend the tubes were cigars, and then proceeded to get into my Groucho Marx impression.

13. Why is that kid dressed in a lion costume?

14. Tresha says:

Lions, tigers, playtex and tampons OH MY!

15. lori says:

i remember thinking that pads must be really good cookies that my mum didn’t want to share, since they always came out of the drug store bag and we never saw them again lol..figured she was hiding them haha

16. KerryS says:

This is HILLARIOUS!!!! PLEASE save this for when they grow up and bring their girlfriends home to meet you.

17. Lisa says:

FINGER PUPPETS!

18. Tim says:

Well, they are made by PLAYtex…!

19. Lee says:

His outfit reminds me of “Where The Wild Things Are.” What a rumpus!

20. Christine says:

My friend used to cut eye holes in them and pretend it was a mask. It sticks right to your face!

21. Sam says:

Speaking of the innocence of kids-there is also the natural curiousity of kids and dad’s protective sports cup.My current brother-in-law came out of the bathroom when he was about 4 wearing his dad’s cup as a face mask.Unfortunately no one had a cmaera.

22. Prunesquallor says:

Reminds me of the party episode in the Young Ones where Rik pulls a tampon out of a guest’s bag “ooh, you’ve brought me a present!’ (unwraps) ‘It’s a telescope, with something inside! It’s a telescope with a mouse in it! Great!’

Love the look on the little boy’s face!

23. jenna says:

This is too cute. LOVE the kid on the left. It reminds me of back when my sister was 5 she didn’t want to start kindergarden so she unwrapped all the pads she could find and stuck them all over her leg then hobbled to my parents where she proceeded to explain that her leg was broken as demonstrated by her “cast” and she therefore could not attend school.

• Melisa D. says:

OHMYGOD, this just made me LAUGH OUT LOUD hysterically!

Thanks for allowing my coworkers to think I’m even crazier than they thought. :)

24. Viswave says:

This is too cute-ahhhh the innocence. When I was about 3 I cut my knee outside and came back with a “super band-aid” on my knee. My teenage cousin and her friends roared with laughter! Mommy was not so happy.

25. bob says:

puts the play into playtex yo

26. Tamara says:

Ok, I said it once and I’ll say it again– the older child is a girl, not a boy. I’m sure of it. Oh, and she has absolutely no idea what’s in store for her in about 9 years…..

27. Lauren says:

This reminds me of when I was three and I used to unwrap pads and stick them on my mom’s closet mirror. Good times.

28. Ray says:

This photo is obviously photoshopped. Look at the pixels around the tampon on the lion’s middle finger. Just kidding. It seems like in every photo, someone has to try and ruin the fun with their “expertise”. This one is just too hilarious.

29. Eric Bizzle says:

i dunno….back in the 70′s…my moms copy of Ms. had a free panty liner….I used it for a bullet proof vest for my old school GI Joe.

30. amy says:

hahahaha i love it!!!!

my 2.5 year old got into my pads once and brought one out to the living room where my mother in law, brother, myself and husband were hanging out.
    she asked me if i needed to change my diaper.
    it was hilaaaaaaaaaaarious.

31. nwcncr says:

the best picture i’ve seen so far,

32. Redheadedweirdo says:

My son did this when he was 3 but he took off all his clothes and put the pads, sticky side on his boy parts, and walked outside. He is 15 now and I still have the before removal pics and the after removal pics.

33. Ali A says:

Adorable! The little one is so precious with that look of awe on his face. He’s really discovered something! Hilarious.

34. Soraya says:

RUMBLEROAR!!!

35. kandee says:

This pic is definitely great blackmail material for these two tots later in life.

… and the Cowardly Lion finally found his courage. Priceless pic.

I agree with the poster(s) who said Kotex should revamp their ad campaign – great idea. They can double as toys!

36. grimey says:

The lion’s claw…hilarious…this made my day, thanks!

37. Jillian says:

My daughter snuck into my bathroom one day while I was still asleep and built a birdhouse out of maxi pads. Fuh-reak-ing hilarious.

38. Chow says:

It’s that time of month – the beast has come out!

39. AHAHAHAHAHAH.. I can’t believe it!

40. julie says:

My friend’s 3 year old daughter found her mom’s pad stash and put a mini-pad on the outside of her pants and said, “Thanks, mom, you got some in my size!”

41. MeepMeep says:

This is probley the greatest thing that I have ever seen in my entire life!

42. Gus Jackson says:

the lion, the witch and the….WHAT?

43. Joanne says:

The expression on the little boys face is just priceless- this picture made me laugh!

44. lagrange says:

Certainly looks more fun than leggos

45. Carrie says:

The only awkward thing about this moment is trying to explain what all that stuff is for. Too funny! (Checking to make sure my stash of feminine artillery is safely hidden from view .. be right back …)

46. Sara says:

I love the looks on their faces! And I sympathize with them because i thought maxipads were special barbie beds when i was their age. :D

47. Mango Girl says:

Kotex needs to see this picture and re-do it’s advertising campaign. So much cheaper to hit the feminine hygiene aisle than Toys-R-Us. Important in today’s economy.

• lynhuston says:

My mom told me (when I was about 3 or 4 years old) that pads were “really big band-aids.” lol

• Nyla says:

Ugh – my step daughters’ mom says that too. So she thinks that whenever anyone is using one, there is something wrong with them. That’s going to work out well when she gets to that certain age in life.

• kmac says:

Nah… she’ll be fine. Sometimes kids ask questions when they’re not quite ready to know the real answer so you explain things to them in a way they can understand for now. A 3 or 4 year old couldn’t possibly grasp the real purpose of pads or tampons. My daughter asked me when she was about 7 and I told her the truth. I had to re-explain it later on and add more details that wouldn’t have sunk in when she was 7 but if she had asked me earlier than that, I’m not sure I wouldn’t have taken the band-aid route, too.

• Kim in Michigan says:

I could just see that 3 or 4 year old asking at a later time though, if someone got hurt really bad, ..mommy, why didn’t you use the really big bandaid?? (Or going to grab it for her and bring it to them in an effort to be ‘helpful’).

LOL

• First Aider says:

Actually, an EMT recommended to me that I keep pads in the first aid kit for serious injuries.

48. Wet blanket says:

How Carefree children are!
    On a serious note – tampons are dangerous if they’re swallowed – they’re designed to expand in a wet/damp environment. One could cut off an airway. I’m just sayin’.

49. mandy_Reeves says:

My sis in law was about 11, and found her then step moms “little friend” and thought it was a cat toy. She switches it on and the cat starts playing with it as it vibrates across the bed.

Cat pounces and grabs….runs to the window…”little friend” falls out window lands in shrubs still vibrating. <—-my husband told me this story a couple years ago.

• Chazlette says:

Something similar happen to my sister wiith her “cat toy” at the airport, it suddenly started buzzing and humming at security. They opened her suitcase and viola there it was ready to rock and roll!

50. Misty says:

By the way, she’s 11 now and we definitely have some pictures and stories that we tell her (okay, mostly her dad tells her) that he’s going to tell that to the guys she dates. She turns so red and splutters out…”D-d-don’t you DARE!” and we just laugh!

• Taylor says:

Awww. I’m 16 and my parents and my 23 year only sister tell the 3 guys i’ve dated everything embarrassing about my past.. it is embarrassing but it actually just gives you more stuff to talk about and share with each other… if the guy actually cares about knowing you..