Eye Contact

October 14th, 2009

Eye Contact - *AFP Hall Of Fame*

Has anyone seen Aunt Telcia?

(submitted by Nicole)

1,174 Responses to “Eye Contact”

1. Hahaha, I didn’t even notice until I read the comments! This made my night (being sick sucks)!

2. Cindy says:

The thing I love the most is the sweet, innocent smiles on the faces of EVERYONE – even the littlest kids are acting as if this is an every day occurrence! Couch? Check. Aunt Telcia sleeping on couch? Check. Butt on head? Check. Just 1 question – how long were you sitting on her head? It looks like a decent amount of time, judging from the “before” pictures…

3. riquelle says:

Oh my god. Hahaha. I’ve looked at this picture about five times and I never knew what was awkward about it and I finally saw “Aunt Telcia”. Just about scared the poop out of me

4. cat in a basket says:

I’m not going to lie, when, after a good at least 15 seconds of looking at this, I saw the face, I spit a little when I laughed

5. Jorie says:

People, that isn’t a mirror! It’s a window, for whatever reason!!

6. Kiwi says:

Hey won’t it be great when you guys in the US get free medical care like most of the developed world…then the Photoshop guys will be able to maintain their sense of humour bypasses for free.
    Seriously…here’s my suggestion for dealing with the Photoshopping party poopers – a simle, graded banning system.
    If the participants in a disputed photo front up and say their photo has not been tampered with:
    1) Bloggers who write “Photoshopped?” – a one-week ban.
    2) Bloggers who write “Photoshopped” -two-week ban.
    3) Bloggers who write “Photoshopped and then itemise why – one month ban plus one extra week for every reason ie light sources, cutouts…etc
    4)Bloggers who write “Photoshopped cos I know cos i work with Photoshop 24/7 – one year bans.
    5) Bloggers who write “Photoshopped cos I’m a professional photographer…a one year ban plus a full disclosure of their business name.
    6) Bloggers who still insist on a pic being photoshopped even after repeated denials from the people IN the photos ……lifetime ban. They can then be free to set up their own “We found the Light (alternative source) website where they can play happily amongst themselves – just as long we we don’t have to look at the photos.

7. nazia says:

I’m not trying to be mean… but… what is going on in this photo? It just looks like a regular pic…

• the_strange_cat says:

That’s exactly what I thought, until I saw the comments. It scared me, but then I laughed out loud. Look under the mom’s leg. THEN you’ll get it. It’s awesome! :)

8. Geke says:

Omg! I didn’t even notice! I thought it was just something with the eyes, I didn’t get what all the drama was about haha. It scared the crap outta me when I first saw that.

9. Julia, Australia says:

I can’t believe the number of people that think this is creepy ?????
    What’s creepy about it??
    It’s just VERY clever and FUNNY !!!!!

10. Alex McDonald, Age 11 says:

For those who don’t want to look through old comments, here’s the Flickr page:

11. Allison says:

this is the funniest thing i’ve ever seen

12. Bitsy says:

13. Vickie says:

I am crying laughing. I thought it was the baby’s creepy eyes that everyone was talking about until I read the comment (halfway down the page) about the mom sitting on someone. It took me that long to notice!

14. James says:

Ok, you can be in the picture, but on one condition…

15. Michelle says:

16. Daniel says:

We came this close = to making the Rachel ray show!!

17. Megan M says:

I wish I had a dollar for every time I find: Photo Shop, photoshop, PS!

18. Chloe says:

Honestly, it took me a couple of weeksn to figure out what was awkward about this picture. Everything looked fine to me. Then I looked around and as soon as I saw the face, I jumped.

19. Daniel says:

Nicole took this picture and I believe that she deserves kudos. Hooray for you, Nicole!

20. A says:

I almost died laughing.

21. troy says:

For you newcomers, here is a link to some photostreaming of this day (Easter 2008):

Have a not-too-awkward day!

22. Megan says:

Daniel, Greg & Samantha….I’m curious to know EXACTLY what you see that tells you this is photoshopped. When you zoom in, the shadow’s are there where they are supposed to be…the face itself is suffering from obvoiuos pressure and lack of oxygen….there are no sharp lines or fake looking feathered lines around the face…..what exactly are you looking at to tell you this was altered? I will admit, there is a bit of fuzziness by the nose and a bit of a harsh line along the face where it meets the couch that could indicate altering, but this call all be attributed to low resolution especially considering you see that same harsh line at other points in the pictures. If you look at the shadows under the pants and by the hair on the top of the head….if this HAS been photoshopped, then it is in fact some very good PSing!! I’d love to know for sure!!

• Daniel says:

Thank you, Megan. I agree with you 100% I was trying to let Greg know that his repetitious and rediculous comments about this wonderful picture were, and still are, out of line. You said it very well. These are my children and grandchildren and it makes me feel awkward when others tell me that they are not real. This photo was taken in my living room!

23. Chelsea says:

OMG this scared me! I couldn’t figure out what was wrong with the picture and then BAM there she was.

24. Cyndee says:

omg. i couldn’t figure out what was funny or awkward about this. I was studying each face trying to figure it out and then…Oh! look under the people!!!!!!!!!

25. This picture made me laugh until I cried. Really. And I tweeted it. And here I am, back again, still laughing…

26. Sammy says:

I think the mom in this picture is so pretty. I hope the husband is good to her.

27. I don’t care if it’s edited or not- it’s hilarious.

28. LaurainMD says:

Oh. my. goodness. This is the best picture EVER.

29. holdthemayo says:

30. Deb Sutherland says:

This is the single funniest thing I have EVER seen in my life!!!

31. Greg says:

Bad Photoshop editing. If anyone thinks that this is real then just look closer…

I repeat: bad Photoshop editing.

Funny though.

32. Tony says:

Holy moly. It took me so long to figure out why this was awkward and gasped once I did. That actually freaked me out. I must show everyone!

33. Samantha says:

They’re sitting on a big green body pillow. The face has been PS’d in. C&P to any basic photo editing program, zoom in, and you’ll see the picture has obviously been altered. I, for one, am glad. To think this is real is terrifying and not the least bit funny.

34. Lindsay says:

wow. this has been up here for awhile now. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve come back to it trying to figure out why it’s so awkward. What an idiot.

35. Alexandra says:

so creepy. i never want to see this again. i was staring at it, wondering what was wrong? then i looked and —oh!!!!!!!!! please. i am having nightmares

36. Robin Seeber says:

funniest thing I ever saw… and yes, it’s real… they are my family.. LOL

37. Zucchini Queeni says:

My big brother used to sit on me – when I could gather the rest of the sibs at the right time, we’d all pile on him and you knew there was a MAJOR tickle-fight coming as soon as he could get an arm free!!
    But some people have mentioned that this is one pic in a series – Daniel, where are the rest?

38. G says:

Who Farted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

39. Ann says:

I couldn’t figure out what was wrong with this picture… Looks like a nice little family to me… OH MY GOD THEY ARE SITTING ON SOMEONE!!!

40. your stalker says:

when i first saw this i actually thought it was on here because the little girl in the middle is the only redhead and aunt telcia was supoosed to be her mother. but then i saw it! hilarious.

41. Kay says:

OMG! That is so creeeeeepy!!! At first I was like, what? it looks fine! And then…. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

42. Maggie says:

HOLY CRAP! I DIDNT EVEN NOTICE THE ONE THEY’RE ALL SITTING ON. i just jumped about 6 feet outa my chair. *cries in corner*

43. Kat says:

When I first saw this, I was doing the same “Aww, cute family…” and then THE EYE!!! AAAGGGHHHH! It really freaked me out at first, but then after seeing the series of pictures staging the photos, it just looks like a cute family having fun together.

Aunt Telcia seems to be a good sport, and yes, this photo is definitely awesomely awkward. And your kids are completely adorable!

44. Shellie says:

OMG I looked at this for the longest time wondering why the caption “Eye Contact” was used. When I finally saw the woman under all of them I literally started laughing out loud!!!

• Mary says:

I had the exact same reaction, and I don’t understand why this is creepy. If anything, I’d worry that someone may fluff on her……….

45. Threethisweek says:

“Quick! act natural.” Body Officer? What body? We’re just sitting here enjoying some quality family time. We’ve been here all afternoon. Together..honest.

46. Elayne says:

haha, I couldn’t figure out why this one was funny for a minute, until I looked under mama

• Lulu says:

hahahahhaha i didn’t either til i read your comment. first i screamed then i cracked up!! lol

• dcs930 says:

holy crap… I just got it! At first I thought it was because no one was behind the camera flash in the mirror. But that could be from it sitting on a tripod. Or that Its awkward that everyone is looking into the camera, and rarely get children to look at the same time. But now I really think its photo-shopped.

47. Hoolrah says:

OMG this reminds me of that part in Disturbia where Shia zooms in on the vent and sees a woman’s bagged face behind it on his computer! AHHHHHHHH!!!

48. Wendy says:

Reading through the comments on this photo…my, my how humorless some of us are! And pretty funny how the word “creepy” is used more than any other (except Photoshop!). Good this photo has generated at least a good amount of fun, intelligent conversation!

49. ascart says:

Awkward, not awkward, funny…none of those. Horrifying, yes.

50. Sanling_Shines says:

OMG!!! Creepy as HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!