Eye Contact

October 14th, 2009

Eye Contact - *AFP Hall Of Fame*

Has anyone seen Aunt Telcia?

(submitted by Nicole)

1,174 Responses to “Eye Contact”

1. jenniep says:

come on people………….rename this one…………revenge on marney

2. grimey says:

The oldest daughter’s face says it all…quite pleased with the situation I think!

3. voodoochick05 says:

OMG, the first time I saw this I didn’t get why it was so funny… then once I studied it more, I saw the person peeking out on the bottom…. (almost spit my soda out) I don’t care if it was “fake”… freaking hilarious, and it still can be considered “awkward” because who the hell piles on top of a person like that for a picture? Seriously….

• D'OH says:

We used to do this all the time-mainly to my younger sister-but we all fell victim at one time or another though we weren’t full grown adults. Our ages varied from mid-teens to younger (10ish) and there were only 4 of us-and sometimes cousins would get involved if they were sleeping over. And unfortunately for whoever was on the bottom, that person usually got tickled! It was brutal but those were the days before computers, Playstations, Wii, Nintendo, Cable TV, Satellite, etc and we had to make up our own fun. That usually included tickle torture. And there is no photo evidence-if we had a camera, nobody had money to buy film and if they did, nobody had money to get the film developed!!

4. frepi says:

Strange how this couch feels suddenly more comfortable….

5. Dandywaters says:

When I first saw this site several months ago I thought it was hilarious because it depicted real people in situations either they thought were serious or they thought were funny. The thing that made US think they were funny was when their notion of seriousness was our notion of hilarity, or when their notion of hilarity was our notion of feigned “Fun”. This photo meets neither of those criteria…therefore it is not funny in the context of this site. It belongs on some “Funniest Home Photos” site…not here.

6. Kay says:

Jesus H.! I have been looking at this photo for two days and couldn’t figure out what was so funny about this… And then I saw it. And I will have nightmares for weeks.

7. TDot says:

Baaaaaahahahaha! I didn’t even notice her under there!!! OMG funniest thing of my lifeeeeeeeee.

8. SC says:

Oh my goodness! I almost screamed after I saw the eye peering out! Too creepy!

9. RobertL says:

Like most people, I stared at this for a while, not seeing the awkwardness. Then it hit me, and I gasped and all the hairs on my arms stood up.

The photoshop conspiracy crowd amuse me. Some people think that by simplay saying that something is photoshopped, the rest of us will bow to their superior knowledge and agree. Pah!

Also, it wasn’t until I went to the other photos on flickr that I noticed the gorgeous strawberry-blonde strain going through that family. I’m guessing that Telcia is the sister of the woman sitting on her head. The two of them and all the kids have identical hair. Lovely!

10. Jodie says:

Absolutely priceless!!! I’ve showed this to several people, and NO ONE has failed to either jump, or at least say “Oh!” when they spot Aunt Telcia…and then the laughter begins!!

11. Joanne says:

The great thing is they could totally crop the bottom and use the picture of Mom, Dad and the kids for the Christmas card! LOL!

• Tonya says:

Oh no . . . . you MUST leave Aunt Telicia IN the photo if it’s to be sent out as a Christmas card—it wouldn’t be the same without that startled, freaked-out eye saying “Merry Christmas–and HELP!”

12. DJAK says:

Funny and a little creepy. Gotta admit I searched the photo for the catch (where IS Aunt Telicia?!!) and when I stumbled upon her face, it startled me. And weirded me out. And made me laugh.

13. ellen says:

LOVE this pic! SO SO funny! :D

14. kandee says:

Wow – do I ever feel like a goob. It took me several look-sees to finally figure this one out. I thought it was just a family all smiling directly at the camera. Doh. Definitely awkward (and creepy). Great job AFP!

15. sherry says:

oMG!! i didn’t see that till i read some of the posts..LOL

16. Chrissi says:

Seriously… this pic is hilarious, photoshopped or not!! Some people are just plain rude!! BTW, to the ones complaining… you’re just jealous that you didn’t come up with this yourself!

17. Ali A says:

Did anyone ever explain this stupid photo? Like, what’s the point?

18. Skipping Lunch says:

Big family, not a lot of places to sit.

This is precisely why we never took naps at my grandma’s house.

19. Kate says:

Wow, I looked and looked at this picture for DAYS trying to figure out why it was awkward. Then when I saw it back back “by popular demand” I was like, alight I am missing something. Then I saw the eye. God this pic creeps me out!

20. Ken says:

Hidden person on the couch, missing photographer in the mirror. This photo deserves to be a Halloween special.

21. RJQ says:

Scary. What the Frig?

22. Chris says:

that picture isnt awkward, it is friggin scary. i had a nightmare last night……

23. E says:

Not a shop- look at the way they are all sitting a few inches above the seat on a big green sleeping bag. For an amatuer to cut them out, move them up, paste in a lady in a sleeping bag, patch up the background where they would have been and keep the edges perfect….well. It would take a while. And be wholly pointless.
    Great photo though. Its a shame people are such babies online.

24. Angela says:

Absolutely horrifying i think! Gives me the creeps!

25. CB says:

This post just goes to show that people will believe whatever they want, regardless of sufficient proof. In another comment, someone (presumably of the family) shared a link to a flickr site, revealing outtakes of this photo session, proving that it is real, and plausible. I had my doubts as well, but we have personal testimony to it’s legitimacy and other photographic evidence.

26. Valerie says:

LOLOLOLOL – She’s under the thigh of the woman on the right

27. krysti says:

Oh. My. Goodness. I didn’t even notice her until the second time it was posted. I’m torn between cracking up & organizing an intervention.

28. gruven_reuven says:

BY FAR my favorite picture on the site…. Didn’t see it, until I starting reading the comments :-)

29. Ken says:

Wow, bet Aunt Telcia is hoping someone didn’t have beans for dinner.

30. sue says:

FREAKY!! UGH!!!

31. Stacey says:

The thing that freaks me out the most is how calm and happy the whole family is. Like they don’t realize they’re sitting on a person. I wanna know the story behind this one hahaha

32. emm says:

okay, this is the stuff that NIGHTMARES are made of! (at least mine are!) yikes!

33. Riki says:

Man, people need to lighten up. This photo STILL cracks me up; just enjoy it for what it’s worth!

34. sassafrass says:

okay so I was one of the first to comment…I’ve never seen a better picture of something so freaky…especially from another site. Sorry if it isn’t photoshopped and far be it from me to say so… still yet…Aunt Telicia’s eyes are gonna burn in my memory forEVER!!!

35. Lemming. K. says:

Well, judging by their attire, Aunt Telcia has missed a celebration of some sorts and this is her punishment.

36. not funny says:

Photoshop…not funny

37. dooger says:

I’m not a photoshop expert…. but I play one on the internet….

It’s not photoshopped…. why? Because I just re-created this photo as an experiment, and I was “Aunt Telcia.” And I’m still here!

Still can’t feel my legs though… hopefully that will come back…. a few more hours….

38. Lauren says:

CREEPY!!

39. CatMilker-n-Motown says:

this freaked me out. not so much awkward…as creepy. i know it’s fake…but i thought Chucky was under there for a minute!

40. SamP says:

I couldn’t work out what i was supposed to be looking for then i saw it and it literally made me jump! That is one creepy photo! Ha ha!

• ChelleBelle says:

me, too. me, too! I kept lookin’ and lookin’… okay, so everybody but the baby is starin’ right at the lens… little girl has beautiful eyes… more like mom’s than dad’s… HOLY CRAP! GASP

AWESOME!

41. jerry says:

look close above flash in mirror you can see a figure with left hand on hip

42. sandra says:

Freekin..Weird… LOL

43. erin says:

erin says:
    October 13, 2009 at 1:51 pm
    Took me a moment to figure out what the deal was with this photo. All I can say…HILARIOUS!

44. Elliott says:

It’s so clearly photoshopped because nobody can ever be sat on in front of a camera. This photo borders on boring more than any photo editing. Why is it that the first thing people jump to is photoshopped? Have you seen how awful people are at that program? I’d say maybe 5% of people who have the program even have the know how to do anything worthwhile, and most of those people wouldn’t try to slip one by on awkward family photos, they have better things to do with their time.

45. Jon says:

The thing under the lady isn’t her feet. Both of her legs go to the floor. She is sitting on one of the kids’ dolls. You can tell its the plastic face of a doll.

46. judy says:

looks like the guy wet his pants.

47. SarahEL says:

I LOVE LOVE this picture!! When I first looked at it, I wondered why it was here. Then I saw it!!! I truly gave me one of my best laughs of the day!! This is something we would do in our house!!

What a beautiful, wonderful, and fun family!!!

48. tootiemaw says:

This is supposed to be funny??? I have a varied sense of humor ranging from the 3 stooges to Gallagher, to Lewis Black, to Eddie Murphy, and thousands of comedians in-between and I see NOTHING even remotely funny about this photo. Who cares if it is real not (and I don’t believe it is)? The webiste is for awkward family photos, not “gag” photos.

49. erin says: