An Apple A Wedding Day

November 19th, 2009

An Apple A Wedding Day - *AFP Hall Of Fame*

On second thought, he decided to keep the ring.

(submitted by John)

230 Responses to “An Apple A Wedding Day”

1. Jaki says:

Polish weddings freak me out.

2. kate says:

Everyone seems to be fixating on the apple, which makes sense as it’s really bizarre, but why the hell is she so tiny? It’s like the BFG and his child bride.

3. John says:

W..T…*? LOL…. I give you a ring you give me an apple?

4. Nocleg says:

haha…mopey teenager,love it!

5. cupcake says:

It’s cos there RUSSIAN!

6. Jen says:

SERIOUSLY, an apple was the best they could come up with?

LOL

7. Brian H says:

Obvious photoshop. The overlap of her right glove and his left knuckle is patched, but these are separate photos.

8. Luke Taylor says:

Clearly someone’s a huge fan of the Twilight series

9. Carol says:

Eh, maybe she’s a Twilight fan?

10. Kathy says:

“My Preciousssss!” :-D

11. Ashley says:

This looks like a weird combination of a Lord of the Rings poster and the cover of Twilight with formal wear.

12. Crystal says:

This’ll teach him – he thinks I didn’t see all the texts between him and Snow White.

13. alex r says:

My precious!!! And she looks like she staring down an alley ready to bowl that apple.

14. Katie says:

In exchange for that ring, you can pop my apple.

15. 45TR1D says:

With this apple, I thee wed

16. Amanda says:

I get what it means but it still looks like “Hey, I got this idea from a certain book cover!”

17. Agatha says:

Yes, we Pollacks have a terrible taste when it comes to wedding pictures. This isn’t certainly the most awkward one, however.

18. Kellie says:

Kind of obvious… She’s a Twilight lover, and he has a thing for Lord of the Rings… a match made in geek heaven ♥

19. lianaface says:

despite any cultural meanings behind it, it’s still a pretty bizarre photo.

20. Keri says:

If Johnny Appleseed cheats on her, there will be a fly-by fruiting.

21. Morticia says:

in alot of cultures, the birde throws an apple instead of the bouquet to signify who will get married next.

22. Cynthia says:

Hmm, I guess if Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart never got the part of Edward and Bella, this would be the cover of Twilight?

23. Gosia says:

So nice to see some Polsih input in awkwardfamilyphotos.com :D. It’s true though, we do have talent for these horrible wedding pictures… :P

24. Kris says:

I’m Polish , and I can assure you that in Poland there is no such wedding tradition , that would involve apples . so no logic explanations here -just pure awkwardness ;)

25. robin says:

I use to have a roommate w/the name agnieska, which is polish, so I don’t think this couple is armenian however maybe the polacks (no offense intended) follow a similar tradition..

• Melissa says:

The name at the bottom of the photo is not the brides name, it is the name of the photographer that took the photos-that is how most photgraphers advertise and copyright

• Lou says:

I don’t know, Melissa… Looks like the name of the bride and groom to me. The “i” is probably “and” (like the “y” in Spanish). So it’s probably “Agnieska & Daniel”.

• Melissa says:

Well, even if it is her name, just because she has a polish name, doesn’t mean that she still can’t be Armenian….look how many Cauasian people name there kids with others cultures names….even if they are polish, that doesn’t mean that they can participate in an Armenian tradition. Whatever their meaning behind the photo, they obviously are both happy so I say role with it :)

• Sue says:

please speak the proper english, it’s ‘caucasian’, take your own advice and google it! and some grammar too plz.

26. gregorian says:

The Overmind, Ruler of Planet Zaxxon, controls the women of our planet with his Ring of Power, commanding them to deliver unto him gifts of fruit.

27. Rosa says:

Talk about an apple polisher!

28. Hendrix says:

Aw hell, Twilight, quit messing with everything.

29. Chad says:

My name is Eve would you like to try my apple?

30. L says:

What was she, posing for the Twilight cover? What an odd portrait.

31. Sharon says:

You know, if those are thier actual sizes, I hope she’s not planning on natural childbirth!

32. Anon says:

Hi my name is John this is my alias as im remaining anonymous, however the picture is a friends of mines wedding, she is polish and its from around 2 years ago!

33. hcw80 says:

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you apples, make a marriage.

BTW, love her necklace.

34. Kat says:

Both of them wanted their wedding to be themed like their favorite book series, but neither was willing to compromise, so they just combined the two.

35. jsalsbury says:

This is an Armenian wedding tradition. The red apple symbolizes the bride’s virginity (the double standard reigns in full force in Armenia: girls are supposed to be virgins at their wedding, while guys can fool around before -and after- the wedding). It is offered to the bride at her place on the day of the wedding. The next day, if the sheet of the nuptual bed shows drops of blood (which is apparently shown in public), the red apple is given to the bride’s family by the groom’s side as a token of “appreciation” that they gave away a good girl who was still a virgin

36. cuteasasa says:

You know, some times it just creeps me out how much couples look alike. ( It might also explain why I never married.) Shave her head and imagine her looking down. I think they could be siblings.

37. Wainscott says:

While Eve is concentrating on rolling a strike to win the apple bowling event, Adam dreams of the 7-10 split.

38. robbydj says:

I gave her my heart and she gave me an apple.

39. Robert says:

Back in the day, Gollum used the Ring to get women in white dresses to bring him apples.

Red Deliccciouss!

40. cowgirl says:

ADAM! Don’t eat the apple!!! I don’t care WHAT Eve says!

41. KH says:

“I bought her this exquisite ring, paid for a beautiful wedding, reception and exotic honeymoon and all I got was this lousy apple”….

42. melody says:

Bizarre…

43. Shannon says:

Using wild speculation and conjecture, I think this must be a foreign tradition, maybe a symbol of her giving him her ability to “bear fruit” if you will. This defiantly looks like it was taken shortly after the Wall came down though.

44. Chaz says:

“If I get married I’ll have a little wife to bring me apples at whim”

45. tom says:

They had to use an apple because two walnuts would have been considered too risque’.

46. sb dividend says:

Watch Adam as he contemplates whether or not to marry Eve whilst she offers him the fruit of knowledge. And if we are discussing mythical/literary metaphors, Shakespeare had quite a few for “rings” as well…
    Yet the sin that will ultimately prevail is having this strange & confusing wedding photo taken in the first place.

47. Coline says:

i don’t get it… why an apple ?

48. Tim says:

Daniel and Angie proudly show off their winnings after their appearance on “Let’s Make A Deal”.

49. Nels says:

I would think the title would be “Eve Finds Her Next Victim.”

• Drunkbunny says:

That was my first thought – that this couple is so Christian, they have to carry on the tradition of the Bible of vilifying the female as the evil temptress, even on her wedding day? Oy vey!

• Melissa says:

There is a Biblical meanig to it, and believe it or not, I have seem this done once before, only the picture was different but same concept. It is actually an old tradition that many Armenian couples gettng married still practice.

The red apple symbolizes the bride’s virginity (the double standard reigns in full force in Armenia: girls are supposed to be virgins at their wedding, while guys can fool around before -and after- the wedding). It is offered to the bride at her place on the day of the wedding. The next day, if the sheet of the nuptual bed shows drops of blood (which is apparently shown in public), the red apple is given to the bride’s family by the groom’s side as a token of “appreciation” that they gave away a good girl who was still a virgin.

However, the tradition has been changed and altered throughout time, but I do belive that the couple is using the apple as a symbol of their faithfulness to each other, as well as a sign of the woman’s purity. I’m just hoping that they didn’t follow up with the bed sheet showing….

• BarnabasFrid says:

THERE IS NO MENTION OF AN APPLE IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN STORY!

50. Jeff says:

His vow: “To you, half-sized hottie bride, I give you this ring which is so big you could practically wear it as a bracelet.”

Her vow: “And to you, gigantic groom dork, I give you this apple, apparently the only colored thing in our strange world.”