Bathroom Humor

January 6th, 2010

Bathroom Humor - Engagement

A more modern toilet-inspired engagement.

(submitted by Emily)

45 Responses to “Bathroom Humor”

1. A Nonny Mouse says:

Maybe there’s an interesting story behind this photo. I must say, I do admire whoever designed these port-a-johns. Even if you’re designing something distasteful, you can still put forth an effort to make a good design.

The men’s port-a-johns usually have a urinal in them. I don’t know why they can’t be unisex.

2. Smartazz says:

Now this is what I call…True Love !
    Girl to Guy: I love You.
    Guy to Girl: I Love You More.
    Girl to Guy:I Wuv you wiff all my heart.
    Guy to Girl: I will follow you to the end of the earth.
    * Little did he know, that he would have to follow her to a porta-potty and
    have a cute photo taken, then afterwards she would go inside to go # 2 !!!

3. Leslie says:

This is me in the picture and we walked past these port a potties…saw the different gender ones and thought “why not take a stupid picture”.

4. Photoguy says:

“. . . and that, kids, is how I met your mother. . . “

5. Ella says:

OMG he’s eating her face!!

6. John says:

Well, that’s just crappy :)

7. Alan says:

They’re not really engaged…..they’re just ‘going through the motions’

8. kenai says:

i absolutely love this photo. great advertisement. very symmetrical. different. fresh. idea that is not the air. and as for your engagement/wedding goes. DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO! If i could go back, i would do soooo many things different. MAKE IT YOURS!

• kenai says:

there is actually a blue grass song that talks about a guy and a girl meeting in the port-a-pot line! seriously! and i agree ponyo, black and white.

9. Ponyo says:

Make sure you take this photo in stylish black and white

10. SpiritOfCartman says:

Well, you can’t say this won’t “flush the marriage down the toilet”.

11. Anne says:

Cool photo, but a little bizarre. It looks like the porta-potty on the left is getting ready to drag them inside.

12. Marcie says:

At first glance, I thought the door read “Such a waste”.

13. BP says:

Fancy port-a-pottys too…did you notice they have a seperate mens and womans? Let’s just hope they both used the hand sanitizer.

14. Boppie says:

They met at Earth Day 2009, where she, like the First World, waited too long to get rid of her waste, and he, like the Thirld World, didn’t really need technology (port-a-potty) to make his waste, so he chivalrously gave her his spot in the potty line as she stood, legs crossed, jumping up and down, wondering how she would ever make it without wetting herself and her Birkenstocks. It was love at first sight as he went to the back of the line, since of course, ‘no cutsies, dude, that’s super uncool’. She invited him to her friends’ blanket next to the Luna Bar Water Pavilion – don’t you hate the commercialization of sacred events? – when he was ready, and the rest was her-story!

[thank you, thank you, modest bow, demure smile...]

15. Lilly says:

All I can ask is why?

16. Paul says:

That will be a fun photo to show the grandkids one day!

17. Nan says:

Perhaps they met at a 5K or marathon… long lines for the portapotties.

18. Penny Dreadful says:

I think this is actually a very savvy commentary on modern wedding culture.

19. Jeeps says:

The designer of those port-a-potty doors is the real star of that pic! ;-)

20. Alfie says:

I am hoping to God that this is posed. Or Photoshopped. Or the backdrop on Casual Night on a cruise.

• A Nonny Mouse says:

As opposed to candid? Like they just stopped for a kiss before using the “facilities”? Of course it’s posed.

21. PaulaSaintO says:

I’m guessing they both work for that company and met on the job.

22. Kelly says:

I love it. These two know how to make fun of the whole ‘serious business’ of engagement photos. When I got married, we wanted to make fun of the ‘serious business’ too, and poked fun at all those fancy-schmancy wedding cakes. We had four sheetcakes from Safeway with screened photographs of fancy-schmancy wedding cakes, and they were a hit! I think we’d be friends with this couple. Good for them!

• Padie says:

I applaud your use of the sheet cakes! I was kinda strong armed into having a “real” wedding, I wanted a court house and a nice dinner after. the people thowing the wedding and reception asked if I wanted any thing special and I said that I always wanted a “sock hop” wedding, and thats what I got! People came in poodle skirts and jeans and tee shirts, we danced to 50′s music and for the food it was hamburgers and hot dogs. People still comment to me on how my wedding was the most fun they have ever had at a wedding!

23. Liss says:

Ummmm.Maybe dad owns the US Waste co???? thats the only thing that makes a little bit of sense.

24. JW says:

I might consider using this pose on a shoot. Nothing says love like a port-a-potty

25. camera shy says:

Actually that’s a great photo. Good lines.

26. Amanda says:

Can you smell the love in the air??