Toilet Built For Two

May 26th, 2010

Toilet Built For Two - Kids

For Mom, it’s all about those quiet moments.

(submitted by KP at http://www.iusedtobestupid.com/)

174 Responses to “Toilet Built For Two”

1. Melissa says:

I’m not gonna lie, my sister and I used to double team it on the potty. I definitely won because I always got to ride in the back. The bigger we got, the more of an issue that got to be for her.

I know. It’s weird. But it was fun, at the time.

However – we never wore pants or tiger masks on the potty. Clearly these kids drop the Deuce better than my Dynamic Duo.

2. I’m betting they’re on vaca and the kids have Montezuma’s revenge. Thus both on the toilet at the same time and the $ store apron. Poor kids, what a horrible vacation.

3. Steph says:

That must be a really good book.

4. Margo says:

Okay, this one is just puzzling. I assume from the plastic apron that the mother does not want to get wet – did the kid on the toilet with the mask just get through with a splashy bath???

5. eeePH says:

Mom has seen it all, she just wants a break. The boy came in all dirty, had to GO. He’s holding his penis down, so as not to spray. Sister is just playing around; it was funny at the time. Piled up clothes on the sink are from outdoors filth, had to come off before the bath that comes next. The tile, toilet and tub are vintage beauties, IMHO. Blocked-off door is entrance to parents room. It’s not available for completing the racing circuit now, as mom learned early on she had to block it.

6. Kate says:

I think what’s most awkward about this is that someone looked in the bathroom at what was happening and thought, “Kodak moment.” Who exactly is taking this picture and …Why?

7. Dayle says:

Is that a loaf of bread in the corner?

8. Nicole says:

I always keep my Wonder bread in the bathroom. Where else?

9. carol says:

Mom takes a break wherever, whenever she can. This picture is one of the most bizarre yet!

10. D.coli says:

The toilet thing is the easiest to explain if you have more than one kid and only one bathroom: Kid #1 is on the potty doing her business, Kid #2 comes in, desperate, can’t wait, has to go NOW, and there you go. Either that or the tub, (been known to happen).

The rest–just plain darn luck.

11. Melissa says:

What are the scary items in right side of the picture?? I’m so glad the girl has pants on. That is just freakish! Hahahah!

12. David says:

Wow, where to begin..

As for the toilet paper, I believe there is supposed to be a shower curtain that goes all the way around the tub, “supposed to” is the key word there as I cannot see any shower curtain.

It appears that what is supposed to be the sink is covered in dirty clothes.

There is a cowboy boot on the floor by the tub.

There is a chair blocking the other entrance to the bathroom. (The second entrance appears to be where the person is taking the picture)

The young girl is wearing brown slacks with black socks and what appears to be a powder blue Members Only jacket. She also has some massively sized hands and no idea what is going on with the left one.

The book/magazine that that the woman is reading appears to be being held sideways.

Those are just some of the odd things I see without even gong into what ever the heck is going on. :)

13. agent says:

“Hey Mom, give back the magazine”!

14. audrey says:

Is it weird that I keep wondering about the toilet paper…its location…and how it stays dry??

15. Gretchen says:

No one noticed the boys hand dipping into the toilet??

• CB says:

I’m not sure he’s dipping his hand in the toiler water (that would have to be a pretty high water level), so much as he is blocking (for the sake of the photo), or….um….directing ? if you know what I mean…who knows. But I don’t think he’s playing in toilet water. Though, would that really be that much more of an awkward element?

• Jennifer says:

I think he’s just covering himself for the camera

• Anne says:

That’s what little boys do to aim into the toilet while they’re also doing number two.

16. CarrieM says:

I really hope there’s going to be handwashing before everyone leaves the room.

17. k says:

The Phantom Tinkler Strikes Again!

18. Linda says:

This makes complete sense to me (having recently toilet-trained a 3 1/2 year old boy). The boy, while kind of a big boy to be still potty training, is spending some time on the throne, waiting for nature to take its course. Mom is waiting nearby, waiting for the sound of the tinkle, to know that there is a potty result. She’s wisely brought some reading material of her own to pass the time. The sister is just clowning for the camera. Nothing unusual here at all, except for the decor and the toilet roll location, naturally.

• CB says:

If this isn’t an “unusual” potty training experience, maybe that’s why so many people get hang ups while potty training, because this does not seem conducive to successful potty training….having a crowd while you’re trying to go? Mom waiting (no pressure) to hear the sound of your “achievement”? Sister mocking ? you while you’re attempting you’re feat, and a photographer to capture this glorious moment! I dunno, still seems weird….

• Alice says:

I think the boy is WAAAY older than potty-training age.

• Elizabeth says:

Oh, Linda, congratulations on the toilet-training. My three-year-old girl has been trained for some time but if she doesn’t poop before bed, will wake up in the middle of the night and beg me to sit there while she goes. She’s about that boy’s size. So yes, I too totally understand. As for the clutter, I maintain that it is all the husband’s fault for leaving his junk everywhere and she doesn’t clean it up because the marriage counselor said that was rewarding him for his behavior.

19. Jamie says:

Oh…my…god. DEFINITELY the most awkward picture I’ve ever seen on here.

20. Coolcat says:

Mom definitely didn’t know about the wonders of Clorox. Check out those socks!

21. J says:

There are about three things wrong with this picture…

22. heather says:

I don’t know what’s more horrifying – two children on one toilet or the naked boy in the Halloween mask… Either way – hilarious.

23. MissEllie in MO says:

Wow. I’m speechless.

24. Keisa says:

Ok..I have got to hear an explanation for this one!! Is this a punishment for the little girl? And why the mask?? And why is there a bag of dog food in there?? I haven’t been this confused since the Lost finale!

25. Jessy says:

I don’t even have words for this..

26. Momma Jenn says:

Hey its called multi tasking….Moms know how to do this well.

27. Lucy says:

This is such a priceless photo! I really feel for this mom. She’s just hangin’ in there!

28. DMF says:

Gives new meaning to “going number 2″…

29. Don says:

Oh look. It’s “Take your sister with you to number 2 day” at the Williams’ house.

30. JEN says:

Well…ok.

31. Jacobi says:

Holy crap!

32. adrienne says:

This is like some bizarre creative writing prompt.

One child still has her pants on. The mother is wearing a disposable apron and seems to be on break from a butcher’s shop.

Solve that, Encyclopedia Brown!

33. Kazz says:

This is a fine cornucopia of awkwardness that only begins with the potty built for two. What a bizarre bathroom layout! TP roll is kind of over the bathtub, and is that a pizza box on the floor in front of the door on the other side of the toilet? No shower curtain, gang shower/sprayer, pink tile, mom’s Permzilla hair….the naked kid and his sister are almost the least awkward elements of this photo.

• Rick D says:

The thing that looks like a pizza box might be a scale, but who knows? And, next to it, what is that red thing held at an angle by the brown thing? I tried enlarging the picture but still can’t tell. This photo might be the new reigning champ.

• Janelle says:

hahahah I think that pizza box is a scale, but it definitely caught my eye too!

• Kazz says:

Hehe-okay, I believe you’re all correct in that it’s a 1980′s-sized bathroom scale. It’s right in front of a door, though, so another triple-awkward-point score! I just now noticed the pink tissue box and pink tissues (to go with the pink tile, of course). And is that the water on/off to the right of mom’s head in the middle of the wall?

This is like the “72 Hidden Bands” poster-something new and awkward every time I check it out!

34. Barry says:

Got to be the craziest picture I’ve ever seen on AFP.

35. Jay says:

This picture makes no sense.

There is so much to work with.
    Mom reading sitting on the edge of the tub.
    Naked son pooping while wearing a plastic tiger mask.
    Daughter helping naked son wearing a plastic tiger mask.
    Toilet paper roll mounted in a very precarious position that will not keep it dry if the shower is used.

This is killin’ me.

• Nancy says:

You forgot the dad (?) taking the pic :)

• Elizabeth says:

Mom has an apron on, too. This could easily happen in my house. But my husband would be on the computer, so it would not be preserved for posterity.

• bec says:

and forgot about mom wearing the plastic apron.
        and why is he naked but left on his socks?

• CarrieM says:

And the photographer would seem to be standing in a doorway, but there’s also a door next to the toilet. So… you go through the bathroom to get somewhere else in this house?

• MYRA says:

The other door is probably to a linen closet. In it we could probably find more reading material, masks, boots and Wonder bread.

• Denise says:

Cowboy boot down by mom’s feet!

36. Joseph says:

It’s El Tigre Loco! No holds-barred champion of the people!

37. pandadancing says:

I can’t stop laughing at this. As the mother of 2 small boys, there is something very familiar here.

• Al says:

So glad to read your comment, because I was thinking, “Yeah, now that I have kids, this just doesn’t seem that weird.” Relieved I’m not the only one. Hahaha. :)

• Anna says:

hahaha
        as strange as this picture is, you’re right, as a mom it’s just kind of our strange reality. i love it. i’m glad they captured this moment of true family-dom. seriously.

• Bonnie says:

I have four young kids and I still think this is way awkward!

38. Katie says:

Ummmmm, this is beyond awkward. Why is the girl ON the freaking toilet with the boy?

39. Deidre says:

what the what?

40. Whoa says:

The family that….um….together……well, that…..er…..well, anyway, they stay together.

41. R says:

O.M.G. So much awkwardness. Don’t even know where to start. The socks. The mask. The girl making the same face as the mask. The terrible bathroom decor. Mom’s look of complete and utter peace. And the fact that the door appears blocked off until someone GOES, darn it!

Easily in the top 3 pictures I’ve ever seen here!

42. Richard says:

I dont think the floor tile goes with the wall tile. But….. what makes someone get their camera and take this photograph? A Kodak moment to remember forever. And save it too? Hope they didnt share it with the neighbors with the slides of vacation.

43. Marissa says:

ok im not really sure whats going on here, and i dont think i want to know. im very uncomfortable with this photo.

44. Syco54645 says:

wow… just wow. this is probably the most awkward pic on here yet…

45. Mary says:

How’s the toilet paper stay dry when someone showers?

46. Bonnie says:

That child is so grateful (s)he was wearing a mask.

47. Jessica says:

the decor in this bathroom is the most awkward thing about it……

48. Ariel says:

What mask is that??

49. MOPAR_FREAK says:

what they saved on water from *flushing* the toilet they spent on THERAPY for the kids.

50. cdean says:

Everything about this is perfect.