Window Display

June 3rd, 2010

Anything for the shot.

(submitted by Beth)

Tags:

532 Responses to “Window Display”

1. my parents would have done this to me as a child.

2. Andrea says:

Totally awesome. I wish I had thought of this first. And as a mom of 3 young kids, I can assert with confidence that it is a real baby, not a doll. You can tell a baby bjorn is what is actually taped to the window. And, yes, I would assume that mom is standing out of the frame right next to the baby, as I would be. Lighten up people, this pic is hilarious!

• Jaimee says:

Haha. I would either think the mom is either standing next to the baby or sitting on the floor right below the baby. I think that’s hilarious as well… quite good :) )

3. Circa Photography NJ says:

HI all! I captured the photo, lightened it up and enlarged it. It really does appear to be a real baby. Daylight is coming through the cartilidge in it’s ears. The duct tape is going over the baby’s chest and under it’s arms, affixing it to the window. In my opinion, this is not a doll. Could be wrong, but… I doubt it. :)

4. AA2Mgr says:

OMG! I have tears coming down my face from laughing so hard. I swear the baby is a doll, but maybe not. Very clever family picture! When my daughter was in elementary school the kids hit a goal for a school fundraiser, and the principal had himself duct taped to the cafeteria wall near the ceiling (the custodian erected a scaffold to get him up there, the PTA members did the taping, and then the scaffold was removed.) Amazing how strong duct tape is!

• Tessa Lewis says:

Ha! I know that is a real baby. In fifth grade (a few years ago) our math teacher told us a story about how she got permission from a student’s mother to put duck tape on his mouth because he talked a lot. That’s when we had the idea to get permission from a boy in my class’ parents to do the same. Instead we duck taped him to the wall. It was hilarious!

5. Dark Rivers says:

It’s been two (2) days since I’ve seen this photo and I’m still laughing about it. Absolutely Brilliant!

6. Tyalmejo says:

The only thing missing from this picture is the family pet. I guess they ran out of windows.

7. Achron says:

The only thing funnier than the picture are the comments. I mean, there’s some comedy gold in here and people are so stupid that they’re taking it seriously. As for this being an album cover, or the baby being a doll or whatever, I don’t know or care to spend the time to confirm. However, I do have 2 things to point out.

1. They do make creepily realistic dolls of infants. In fact, one company recently made a special edition series of the Harry Potter chars as infants, and the Voldemort one is ESPECIALLY creepy with the reptile eyes. The rest of the crew looks dead on realistic. Would be tempting to buy one just to pull stunts like this and freak people out.

2. The world is full of stupid people, and a lot of them have been commenting on this picture. Lighten up, give them a good laugh, and if you know one give them a good smack because stupidity should be painful.

8. Zoe says:

I heart this picture!

9. Adrian says:

so cute!

10. Marcin Wuu says:

This is stunningly creative way to make a family portrait. Respect to the photog who pulled this off :D

11. Mony says:

I need a new office chair because I just pee’d in this one when I saw this picture

12. PJ says:

This picture made me laugh so hard, I was crying! The kids in the windows was a great idea except when they came to the last window and a baby! This is about my favorite- even if it was faked.

13. Mark says:

haha very nice picture have fun :) )

14. Jana says:

You can clearly see the baby is not taped up by the arms, perhaps a snuggly or jolly jumper sack, hahahahaha.
    This photo is super-funny. I laugh every single time I see it. LOVE IT!

15. Tabitha says:

I know it’s probably faked but I can’t stop laughing. Saw this pic hours ago and I’m still chuckling.

16. Jess says:

i just laughed so hard i cried. hahahahahaha

17. G Mac says:

HA-larious! Whether doll, real kiddo, or alien absolutely cracked me up!

18. Melly says:

Oh for christ sakes….get a sense of humor people!!!

19. Tim Jones says:

Why are you all assuming the window sill is only a foot or two off the floor? I think it is eight feet from the floor. And on the floor are a whole pile of poison tipped spikes, guarded by rattlesnakes, underfed pit bull dogs, and deathworms. And the parents have gone, by themsleves, to Disneyworld for a week, and are monitoring their children’s welfare from this HD video camera. This picture is therefore sick, and anybody who has laughed at it should go to jail for a long, long time.

20. Deb says:

Funniest pic I’ve seen! Laughing so hard couldn’t answer ringing phone!!

21. Melissa says:

Brilliant!!! I’m sure the parent in standing right where the baby is looking ready to catch him/her at the slightest second that the tape starts to release…. IF it does.

Chill out!!!!

22. carolina says:

that just can not be right ToT

23. Paige says:

Geez!!! Did anyone think that MAYBE just MAYBE Mom was off to the side out of the frame of the picture just in case baby started to wiggle loose? And Dad was probably the one taking the picture. They managed to raise 4 kids out of toddler-hood so far. They must be doing something right.

This picture is hilarious!

24. Robert says:

My first thought was it must have really been a windy windy day..

25. LAUGHTER IS BEST MEDICINE says:

This would’ve been a very creative photo if not for the ridiculous duct tape! Ok, besides the moral & ethical implications of duct-taping a toddler’s arms to a large window, which by the way, make it look like he’s holding a couple of machine guns. They should have used double-sided tape and taped his shirt to the glass instead.

• Josh B says:

I LOVE IT! And I believe the baby is taped under the arms or it would have injured him as he hung there.

26. Standingsoul says:

If you look at the left foot (the baby’s left, not yours), you will see the photoshop error. The baby is missing his/her big toe!

• JOsh B says:

As a photographer, I disagree. In fact, It COULD be photoshop, but the way I see it the tape is actually under the babies arms and across his chest. Which is why his arms are looking like they are raised up and not being used to support his body weight, thank God cause that would probably cause injury.

IF it IS photoshop I would say that it was done with someone holding the baby while still being taped up and then another photograph to place the background. That is the way I would have done it anyway.

27. LaughinTillMyFaceHurts! says:

I’m going to have to say that is not a real baby, it is a doll… in fact all of the children are not real… all dolls! Why am I the only one that can see that? LMAO
    I love the “More Bars in More Places” Comment!

28. Manda says:

Look out! It’s a pixie…. with a 2×4…. and he’s ANGRY!!!!!

29. Tori says:

It is also a doll, specially made for the band to use in this picture for their album cover. I doubt anybody outside of movie industries would really be able to find a doll as realistic as ones they use or make special for situations like these. (:

Even if any of this was false, which it’s not, the tape would be strong and reliable enough to securly hold up a baby, even more than seatbelts in vehicles. Leaving the baby unharmed. I also highly doubt a baby could possible have the ability to wriggle out of the tape or slip out of the adhesive bonds. Think about it..

30. Tori says:

It is completely not real. It was made with the intent to get people to say exactly what all of you are saying. “How could you dare do this to a bay?” “You people are sick!” were the comments the photographer had hoped to recieve. This is for an album cover. It is very funny, the idea of someone being dumb enough to tape a baby to a window, just for a family photo. Hence the purpose of the photo. Relax.

31. Erik says:

OH MY GOD! I now need therapy… deep, intensive, and immediate therapy. What the @#$^ were they thinking?! There are at least four older children involved who need to come to that babies rescue. The fifth child must have been behind the camera? I’m dying here! Baahahahahhaaa!!

32. danielle says:

HAHAHAHA

cant stop laughing, i love this pic and this website hahah

oh liz and all your comments are so funny haha

33. HelenaHandbasket says:

Apparently I’m the only one that can tell that this is a doll.

• Laura says:

Really? That’s a baby. No dolls are that big or with such chunky legs…at least not ANY dolls that I’ve ever seen and with 2 girls I’ve seen a lot of dolls.

• lexit says:

yeah, um no. def not a doll. look at the proportions compared to the other kids, the shape of the limbs, the ear. totally a real baby.

this is pretty hilarious though. they could’ve at least put his feet on the ground! lolz.

34. ann says:

I think the baby is in the photo in remembrance of a lost child. It’s an angel flying away. (and it’s probably a doll)

35. sjdgjkb says:

all time favorite

36. stacy says:

i think ya’ll are taking it a bit tooo far. its cutee(: and im pretty sure the kidd was okkk. chill out people

37. Sarah says:

not a fan of this one! recently a mother was arrested and in the news for doing just this.

• des says:

The woman who was arrested used duct tape to abuse her child. She bound her childs limbs together for long periods for punishment. This is not the same thing.

• Kkristina11 says:

No joke , not even remotly the same thing, this is an adorable picture, they most likly taped the babys outfit to the window an duct tape is strong enough to hold a baby up like that, if I had a place I could take my 10, 8 and 6mth old an take a picture like that I would. Now I would do a much better job of trying to hide the tape behind the baby or make it look more decent but you get the idea.

38. LMTBrks says:

Nevermind, I just zoomed into the picture. The baby is in some type of device or clothing that is taped to the window…Seriously people? You would risk your child for a picture?

“I am sorry officer, I didn’t ever take into consideration the dangers of taping my infant child to the window! I never once thought that if he fell from the window such a serious injury or death could occur! I mean HE is only TAPED to GLASS that is supporting his BODY WEIGHT, above a HARD and SHARP edged window sill, that sits at least ONE FOOT from the FLOOR. At the time it seemed like such a “clever” idea!”

• mir says:

um… the window is not going to tip over and fall out bc of a baby. he only weighs 15-20 lbs, and windows are made to take 100s of lbs of pressure.

• mary says:

oh ok, and nothing else could have possibly happened, like say the baby slipped out and fell? you people are sick.

• liz says:

it can’t slip out because of the (security-)tape :D

• tammy says:

hate to pop your bubble but duct tape might be great but it CAN slip and has been known to do so at the most inconvenient of times…and what mother doesnt know that where a child is concerned it only takes one second (less in reality) of inattention for something bad to happen. my grandmother stepped outside for a few seconds…an accident resulted and the reulut was i died for 4 minutes. remember murphy’s law. personally i would never risk it with the life of a child.

• haha (i'm laughing at you) says:

you died for 4 minutes? is that why you’re brain-dead? FACT babies die everyday. FACT freaking out doesn’t save them. FACT my sister did far worse things to me as a child, considering that that child has 4 older siblings she probably has experienced worse herself.

• kim g says:

We can’t see the floor or the mom. Maybe the mom’s just lying there, ready to catch her duct-taped child.

• Clasko says:

… you must be a new mom. word of advice relax, stress is a killer.

39. Cathy says:

Ive always said the best babysitting tool is duct tape..LOLOL…very creative idea for a photo

40. Phyllis says:

Hahahahahaha LOOOOOOOOOOVE IT. SO clever, creative, & fun… for ALL. Prize winning picture… ENTER IT!

41. Katie says:

I actually think this is awesome and I think my parents would have done this to me as a child.

42. trailridingtodressage says:

I love this!!! Super cute!

43. Brandon says:

More bars in more places…

44. FluffySeal says:

I can think of at least 5 better ways to have done that…

45. katie says:

omg that picture is funny cant believe the baby is ductaped to the window hahaha

46. Mimi says:

What are they doing to the baby? D: Poor kid.

47. OMG … for real????
    the poor baby…”what are you doing?”
    “oh,I’m just hanging out…!” :D

48. Laura says:

Love It!!

49. Glowworm says:

I was a bit slow–at first I seriously thought that the baby was holding up two guns–a giant pistol and a rifle. That would have been epic.

50. Aussie Robbo says:

Album cover? “The Sil-houettes”