My What Big Teeth You Have

July 7th, 2010

My What Big Teeth You Have - Behind The Awkwardness

I was 3 yrs old. My mom said I was fascinated with the Big Bad Wolf. I loved pretending to be Little Red Riding Hood and singing that song ‘Who’s afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?’ So she took me to see him. She says I peed on him because I was so scared he would eat me. Note the boy pointing. He was laughing at me. All the other girls have pictures with Snow White and Cinderella. This is my happy picture to remember our trip. My question is: why was this freak walking around at Disneyland?

(submitted by April)

144 Responses to “My What Big Teeth You Have”

1. Marlene says:

I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. What a great picture and explanation! Sorry to laugh so hard at your expense!!!!

2. Denny says:

What year was this? I ask because I had the EXACT same thing and may even have a remarkably similar picture somewhere in my parents closet. Problably around 1964….scared me to death and everytime we walked by my dad would hold me up towards his mouth..I guess he liked hearing me scream AND MY BROTHER POINT AND LAUGH

3. Andrew says:

That poor girl – what a star!

4. Dez says:

LOL!!! Fantastic photo! Love it LOVE IT!!!

5. Amy says:

6. lola says:

This was the image from my nightmares as a child, I am not kidding. I hated that book.

7. Stephanie says:

Never before has a picture on this site made me laugh so hard I cried until now! The picture is great on its own, but the explanation makes it even better!!

• deb says:

Me too! All of the elements of the picture, combined with the caption– oh man, my stomach hurts from laughing! Thanks for sharing this April!

8. worldrock says:

XD. you love little red riding hood so why don’t we take you to meet the villain?

9. normandy says:

why would they have a villain walking around at disneyland…lol the boy who is pointy and laughing…!

10. Monica says:

Hilarious! Poor kid, I do feel bad for her but the one pointing haha! I couldnt do that to my toddler but I probably would have been the one pointing had I been that age too at the time. lol

11. Kate says:

this is the funniest picture EVER!!!!!

12. Liz says:

My gut hurts from laughing and my eyes are tearing up. Hilarious!!! But I’ve got to say that the detail of the BBW’s head is amazing!! Wish I had one to scare the crap out of some bad ass kids in my neighborhood. Would work great on Halloween too.

13. JerseyPam says:

I thought again of this picture, because I heard on the news today a woman is suing DisneyWorld for $50,000. Why? Donald Duck groped her breast when she asked for an autograph. Walt’s cryogenic head is spinning in its tank.

• Cara says:

Yeah, because those giant foam hands give the people inside tons of feeling, and they have such great visibility. I’m sure it was on purpose.

14. Debbie says:

My kids and I are reading the behind the picture and replys and LAUGHING TO TEARS. GREAT posts!!! I would hate to get owned by the practicle pig.

15. Lee says:

Can’t stop laughing. It’s terrible bc the kid is so little , but it’s just too good. The look on her face, the size of the teeth .. the leering eyes … the kid pointing …. it all comes together with the most terrible perfection.

16. Dorene says:

awwww….I didn’t laugh! I felt sorry for that obviously terrified toddler!

17. Dan says:

Outstanding. Maybe my all time favorite.

18. Dan says:

Top 3 AFP ever! Maybe even all time greatest. Love it.

19. Jennifer says:

I laughed so hard at this one I was crying. Thankx for sharing

20. Mary Beth says:

I am pretty sure, no, actually certain, April is right in saying that it’s Little Red Riding Hood. The “Big Bad Wolf” is specifically subject to the story. Meanwhile, an elusive wolf is subject to The Three Little Pigs. Funny pic by the way.

21. Sandy says:

Can you say “therapy”? Hope mom pays for all the sessions you will need to get over this trauma!

22. Randall says:

True story time. I remember well seeing the Big Bad Wolf as a walkaround character at Disneyland, accompanying the Three Little Pigs. As a matter of fact, a college friend of mine WAS the BBW at Disneyland for several years, as well as playing six other tall characters, including Goofy and the Queen of Hearts.
    My friend David told me that a lot of grown men would often try to prove how tough they were by roughing up the Wolf. Now the walkarounds are accompanied by a non-costumed lead, but sometimes they are distracted or called away. That means the Wolf was sometimes targetted for bad behavior.
    The Wolf was of course not allowed to do anything to defend himself from this misbehavior, but the cast members look out for one another. The Wolf’s usual savior was usually Practical Pig. The visor on Practical Pig’s costume was called the Blue Blade, and if someone was messing with the Wolf, Practical would come up behind the jerk and lean back, then lean forward forcefully, driving the Blue Blade into their back, or preferably their neck. This would usually bring the malcontent to his knees.
    Nobody ever complained, because who wants to admit that you got owned by one of the Three Little Pigs?

23. Kenneth Grafton says:

I was visiting Disneyland with my family several years ago and I got to witness this actual happening in realtime.It all happened so fast I never thought to take pictures. The “wolf” was busy acting out eating the kid,the mother was screaming as she ran toward them.I laughed so hard I almost lost my breath.The wolf was the only character that I enjoyed on the whole trip.

24. Nosferatu says:

This is disturbing. Who goes to Disneyland thinking they really want to see the Big Bad Wolf. That’s messed up.

25. Amy says:

This is Awesome!!!! LOL!!!! I can’t wait to go to disney land! I wonder if they would bring this guy back by special request?

26. Kevin says:

The Big Bad Wolf from Disneyland is from The 3 Little Pigs, NOT Little Red.

27. Punchy McGee says:

This is the best AFP…EVER!

Thank you for the background story.

28. Mandy says:

OMG, this is f’n hilarious!!! I would’ve been scared too! So funny. Glad you survived the trauma. ;)

29. Missy says:

LOL, this debating is still going on. Look, she didn’t pee because of the big bad wolf. Have you see the lines at Disney Land? She said she loved the Big Bad Wolf, she was upset because she peed herself waiting an hour and a half to see him. You have it all wrong.

Besides, Walt Disney called me about fifteen minutes ago and said he can not rest in peace with all this yibber yabbering about some dumb wolf. (No offense Wolf)

*To the sane – it is best to just play along rather than fight the delusions*

30. Lozza says:

BAHAHAHAHAHA!! That is so scarily hilarious!!

31. Nancy says:

>My question is: why was this freak walking around at Disneyland?”

Um….because he is a character from the Disney movies.

• April says:

Um, yea. I’m well aware he is a Disney Charicter. With GIANT TEETH. Known for EATING Red Riding Hood’s grandma. In a place for children. A little freaky? NAH.

• Erica says:

Yeah. I worked at Disney in costuming for a few years and by that time there was no way in HELL they would have let a character this malevolent-looking out around the kids…Egads!

Ah, the good old days!

32. Ricky says:

Oh my stars! That is the scariest thing I have ever seen in my life!