Bravehearts

July 8th, 2010

Authentic all the way down to the rock holding the door shut.

(submitted by Josh)

134 Responses to “Bravehearts”

1. Marlon says:

You can take our picture, But you’ll Never Take Or FREEDOM !

2. Douglas says:

I’m sure you have a law suit against one Battle Creek, Michigan company, for usurping the original title of this epic portrait, “Pop Tarts”…

3. Bagpipe boys sister says:

hahaha, this never gets old…..my sister is the one on the front. Yes, she really is a fool.

4. Teddy says:

this picture was in the ’360 gamer’ magazine. period :)

5. Pufferini says:

As Scottish as Polish Haggis

6. Goofball says:

This picture reminds me of the time many years ago that I traveled to Scotland for a vacation. I went skinny dipping in Lake Loch Ness and they are still talking about it :)

7. graham says:

Medieval Scotland was heavily overgrown with Astroturf.

8. Rory says:

I’m thinking that since the words “OMG This is epic!” came to mind so quickly, I might truly be a nerd. =/

9. magillicuddy says:

all that tartan mixing, definitely a fashion faux pas.

10. tiff says:

Wow, I would have never seen the door if it weren’t for the stupid rock that was meant to “blend” the door in!

11. Hayley says:

Aye, ken only say: tarta(n)rrific!

12. Tip Top says:

Too Many Tartans in this pic

13. karen says:

my 4 year old daughter just asked if the middle girl was melting…????

14. Patricia says:

This is what happens when you let members of the H.S orchestra wander off on their own.

15. michelle says:

I think I went to high school with the bag pipe player in the back. Holy crap, is that a sword…I suppose that was used to fight off the boys.

16. Andrea says:

Ahahaha – I have this same picture hanging on my wall at home, with myself and two girlfriends in nearly the same costume set. Hats, longsword, dresses and all. I wore the smaller orangeish check with the two-thistle hat. Whoever you are ladies, you are welcome to join our hardcore-nerdiness crew.

17. k says:

Tartan #1: My…what a big sword you have…it’s about 6′!
    Tartan #2: Ai. Tis is…
    Tartan #1: Wait, YOU’RE 6′!
    Tartan #2: Ai. Tis is…

18. bill says:

I’m not sure it’s a rock. Looks more like a potato. A very large potato.

19. Katie says:

BAHAHA. The caption for this just made me spit orange juice all over my computer!

20. Uncuw Biww says:

It’s the Campbells and the MacGregors!

21. silvercloud says:

It’s very possible I or or one of my friends took this photograph. I used to be one among many poor backpackers and polish imigrants who worked at the Edinburgh Tartan Weaving Mill on the Royal Mile. I worked there for 3 months and was considered a senior staff member. The door was indeed used often, for we needed to get in there to flip the fuse when the cheap photographic lights tripped it up. The costumes were used far too much and were always needing quick mending, they smelt terribly and did up at the back like hospital gowns. We could never accomodate all the American tourists wanting to pose in their own family tartans so I think they just made some costumes which mished them all together. I was told that it was probably more authentic anyway because when they dressed like this it was unlikely that clan Tartans had been established. This is one of three standard poses “Okay now look to me! Now look out at Loch Ness on your left! And finally let’s look longingly up at the highlands to our right!”
    Good times.