Hair’s Looking At Us

July 17th, 2010

Hair’s Looking At Us - Wedding

In sickness and health just got “sick.”

(submitted by Janet)

193 Responses to “Hair’s Looking At Us”

1. Michelle says:

wow- this is my church!!! my parents were married here and (while this couple is not them sadly) i believe they used this same photographer because they have a photo identical to this one. crazy

2. Liz says:

Oh, my goodness! My husband and I have the SAME wedding shot! We were married in 1993, and it was a fancy shot.

3. Janet says:

This is the bride. Yes, we’re still married. No, no mullet babies.

I remember at the time being very embarrassed about taking the “looking down from above shot.” I don’t know if you can tell that I’m thinking, “Oh please oh please, I hope this doesn’t turn out.”

As far as the mullet, I loved it at the time (early 90′s.) And I’m equally loving it that it is gone for good.

• rdub says:

Janet, so glad to hear that you’re still married. I wouldn’t feel too bad about the double exposure shot. Yesterday’s double exposure wedding photo is today’s black and white photo with the bride’s bouquet in color.

4. B.J. says:

Wow. A good idea in theory though. :P

5. atomicgal says:

it would be even creepier if it was the parents looking down on the wedding.

6. Amy says:

It appears to me that the officiant is getting the rings from the best man. All the comments above are saying this is from the 80′s….but I don’t think so judging from what everyone wearing. Mid 90′s at latest! The groom just has an unfortunate hair-don’t. Wonder if they are still married and if he is still rockin’ the mullet. Do they have mullet babies?

• jacque says:

I had a mullet baby- he wanted to be just like his dad. Over the years it was whittled down to a rat tail. It was finally cut off just a year ago (at the age of 13). His cousin talked him into it (thank you marrisa).

7. JerseyPam says:

The giants are selecting their reception dinner from the people on the left. RUN!!!!!!!!

8. Cheryl says:

Great as a picture over a casket.

• Missy says:

Right, because it wouldn’t scare ANYONE. LOL. Could see granny at 102 years old attending a funeral and seeing floating heads above her friends casket. “Okay, we need another photographer and another casket.”

9. cammy says:

NOT PHOTOSHOPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL…I think we can all agree now!!!!

10. Freckles says:

Geez Yoko …. first you broke up the Beatles and now you started a virtual fistfight on AFP.

You’re my kind of woman.

11. Janie says:

“Tiffani, maid of honor!”
    (Looking up) “Y-y-yes?”
    “This is a vision, and yes, you are the only one who can see us.”

12. Denise says:

Ceremony in the front…honeymoon in the back :)

13. jayma says:

Business in the front, party in the back? No… I believe that would be wedding in the front, reception in the back…..

14. DrStrangelove says:

Geez people, Photoshop or darkroom or in-camera technique (e.g. double exposure), like, who really cares? Yoko’s comment (I’m pretty certain) was meant to be humorous since there are so many photos on this site that are accused of being ‘shopped when they may be or not. Aunt Telcia comes to mind:

15. Carolyn says:

I think all the attendants are standing way too close.

16. photogirl says:

Actually this looks like a double exposure ( film technique). Very popular back in the day of mullets.Then again a good mullet never goes out of style.

17. Des says:

This picture is Amaaaazing…. It’s like the wedding in Beatlejuice haha

18. Business in front, party in the back.

ROCK ON!!

19. michelle says:

No, yoko, this was a double exposure. These effects were around well before photoshop. Digital is great, but classic film was way more fun.

20. klh says:

Awww…they decided to go with matching hair.

21. Harry says:

Something about this photo that I don’t like. Can’t quite put my finger on it. Maybe the fact they are looking down at the church. Disrespectful ?? … not sure.

22. Karen Stepko says:

It looks like they died on their way away to the reception and forever haunted all further ceremonies … that’s worse than the old “couple in the brandy glass” shot.

• Dustysneez says:

LMAO! Reminds me of the old Star Trek on the planet with the gigantic Greek gods looking down on and manipulating the “little” people.

• LeoLee says:

LOL. Classic. My mom was a photographer in this era and did the double exposure with the brandy glass! I helped out in her studio for years and years and never saw wedding proofs that didn’t include a shot like this!

23. SikPik says:

@Yoko: I disagree. I think it was a huge cardboard cutout!

24. Duh says:

This is not photoshopped in the way we think of it today. This was a typical thing for wedding photos iin the 80′s and 90′s. I am going to assume that was a sarcastic comment and that someone seriously did not know that. Remember kids sarcasm does not translate well through typed words. That being said what is with his face and why does she look like Emma Watson from Harry Potter?

25. Susan says:

This picture was not “photo-shopped”. This is something photogs did back in the 80′s and 90′s. Maybe some still do, I don’t know.

26. dingleberry says:

I worked for a friend who was a wedding photographer back in the mid to late ’80′s. You would not believe how very popular this type of double exposure photograph was back then. I always found them kind of horrifying…like giants looking down at their own miniature wedding. Serious creepy.

• Missy says:

If you go back far enough, you can see how popular it was. Floating cabbage patch heads are around here somewhere. And even floating babies. I was a child/teen in the 80s and I have to say that I never thought I would say I am so glad my mom stuck with Ollen Mills.

27. Deborah says:

@ Yoko – that’s old school photo layering. Photogs did it all the time you dingbat.

28. Maria says:

Does anyone else find it curious that the priest isn’t anywhere near the couple.

29. I think this was taken and altered before Photoshop. It’s old school. And so cool.

30. Maria says:

It’s weird how couples mirror each other.

31. Lynn says:

I think almost every wedding photographer did this similar shot in the 80′s. Very classic.

• Tess says:

Yep, mine did. I was creeped out at our double exposed photos too. Somehow, it made me feel like I was already dead and my future dead self was watching my wedding in this creepy dead Green Giant way. It was very disturbing and I didn’t order any of those proofs — nor ever eat Green Giant greenbeans again…

• Missy says:

Oh boy. I am so glad I wasn’t married in the 80s. I was married in 97 – our worse pictures were the ones showing people’s feet. And they were NOT floating in midair. Wow, if they were I would have left the building. Imagine, floating FEET. Now THAT’S some problem!

32. Jenany says:

Something about this is screaming out “Don’t look behind the curtain!” ..

33. Tony says:

Wedding in the front party in the back.

34. Ginger says:

I have to say, I used to be a bridal consultant and I’ve seen a lot of wedding photos. This is by far the most bizarre. Lovin the freshly cut atomic mullet, though.

35. DeAnne says:

Yoko – that’s not photoshopped – that’s how 80′s professional photography looked. good grief.

36. Pappasan says:

It is photoshopped however it was done by the couple’s wedding photographer as part of the final wedding photos.

37. Tina says:

it’s just plain scary

38. Wendi says:

I don’t know what’s funnier, the picture or the last post above mine!! LOL!!!! really?

39. Debra says:

They should’ve been on crosses.

40. L. Bartlett says:

Please tell me that’s not God.

41. kirst says:

Looks like the Vigo the Carpathian from Ghostbusters!!

42. Joe says:

Ah, The Mullet. Also known as The Kentucky Waterfall, The Shlong (short & long) … business in the front – party in the back!

43. tjo says:

That’s the REAL deal Yoko, there was a time when there was not version one of PS.

• Venetia says:

Yeah, and back then, it was common for people to have enormous Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade-style balloons made of themselves to put behind the altar in the church. Those were the days!

44. cruelie julie says:

I love how far apart the attendants are standing. I sense some debauchery at the rehearsal dinner!

45. Tara says:

That’s just creepy looking. Looks like they’re dead and watching themselves get married or something.

46. Yoko Zbornak says:

Well, this was obviously photoshopped.

47. scruffy says:

A memorial for now and evermore of the worse fad hairstyle for men ever. Long may it stay just a memory.

48. 666 dimebag wife says:

Diggin ‘the mullet

49. Missy says:

This is what a Sim must feel like.

50. Wolf says:

A classic case of, “Well, guess I’ll have to mullet over…”