Beachy Keen

August 24th, 2010

Beachy Keen - Family Portrait

The awkward part is that this really is what they wear to the beach.

(submitted by Sheila)

51 Responses to “Beachy Keen”

1. Sherri says:

You can understand why the dad wore shades..oh the shame of it all to be recognised with that motley crew!

2. Flashback says:

I think I might still have the same shirt as dad in shades, gonna have to purge the closet now.

3. wtf says:

I have a feeling the mum put this one together… she looks very pleased with herself, the dad is just going along with it to keep her happy.

4. Bobby says:

Is that Kenny F*@kin’ Powers on the right?

5. Allison says:

Is anyone else thinking “Weekend At Bernie’s” with the guy on the right?

6. Lisa says:

Oh~ you “Repliers” are so funny! I get as good a laugh at what you say as looking at the picture!! Darn you Ryan though….now I’m going to have “Party in the USA” stuck in my head all day–just the catchy refrain part of course!! I still think it’s kind of a cute picture–they at least look like they’re having fun! :)

7. Ryan says:

All I can think of is “Party in the USA” by Miley Cirus.

8. BigPoppa says:

As Joanna enjoyed her new life with her new family, nobody knew her history as an evil flower girl(5 pictures ago).

Nor did anyone dare question why she wore slippers on a boogie board in a skirt.

9. Goofball says:

I have been to this beach before….I hate the fact that somebody had to ruin the picture by photo shopping this family in it….you should have seen the sunset that night…priceless !!!

10. Smartazz says:

I would not be caught dead wearing flippers with socks while standing on a boogie board…I would wear brown combat boots with orange shoe laces…of course I would have to borrow them from my sister who is sitting next to me.

P.S. how many boxtops did the photo studio need to send in from Frosted Flakes to get the Tony the Tiger flotation device ???

11. taffy says:

my favorite part of this photo is the young lady that is seated is rocking the “olive oyl” rolled down sock with boot combo. when you have style you show it.

12. Holly C says:

There is so much awkwardness going on in this picture that you don’t even notice the girl on the right wearing hiking boots; a must for every young girl off to the beach.

13. BethM says:

You can tell who’s idea this picture was.

Other than Dad’s shades, there’s nothing beachy about the group.

Except for Annette Funicello on the left wearing her flippers while surfing a towel with her boogie board while so fashionably pushing her goggles up towards her forehead. All the while she is striking a pose that Tyra Banks must be envying.

She’s committed to the theme. I bet she even wore sunblock to the photo shoot.

14. steph says:

Lazy photographer with what they thought was a “brilliant” idea………let’s not take the props to the set….let’s just have the people pose where the props are stored.

15. Kate says:

I wear normal clothes rather than a swimsuit to the beach because the Oregon coast tends to be pretty cold! …Although I suppose I don’t wear flippers with socks.

16. Denise says:

Ultimate staycation right there.

17. Rick D says:

What is that object growing out of the left side of Dad’s head?

18. Alice says:

Don’t forget about the goggles!

19. Pipergirl says:

There’s nothing wrong with a family Stay-cation!

(Although I suspect Dad’s shades are due to dosing himself with too many Pina Coladas…)

20. JerseyPam says:

Eric Von Zipper adores you, and when Eric Von Zipper adores someone they stay adored.

21. Heather says:

so the socks with flippers are bad, but why flippers on a boogie board?!?

• Lynch says:

And why *stand* on a boogie board? Add in the lack of using the safety tether and you have at least four kinds of wrong going on with just her feet.

22. Sarah says:

I especially love the socks with the flippers.

23. Ashely says:

I totally had one of those inflatable tiger pool toys as a child. But I didn’t wear a jean jumper while using it.

24. Mother says:

It’s the booty bump that gets me.

25. Jon says:

Grandpa’s prepared for the high tide. Mom doesn’t look like her outfit is too far off. I thought the title had a lot of potential!

26. Stacey says:

The awkward part is…. wow with so much awkwardness I can’t decide.. maybe the way the girl on the left is standing??!!??

27. Sherry says:

someone tell that kid you don’t stand on a boogie board

28. Tim S says:

Glad to see little sister following Grandpa’s white-socks-black-shoes fashion statement!

29. austex says:

It really does look like she is passing gas on her grandpa.

30. Stephanie says:

Looks like a promo photo for a REALLY bad ’80′s sitcom!!

• chandra says:

Hmm… possible titles for sitcom: “Fish Out of Water” “Gidget’s Mid-Life Crisis”

Other suggestions?

• Jon says:

“That Darn Grandpa” as in “Who gets all spiffy in khakis to dive into the water?” “That Darn Grandpa!”

“The Mixed-Up Aquatic World of Our Youngest Daughter” long title but people will abbreviate it anyway (or even title it “AquaDaugter”)

• Maggie says:

“The Othertons at Party Beach”

• CarrieM says:

I don’t have a title, but I can imagine how it works: Little girls get into all kinds of crazy escapades, Dad comes home from work and delivers snappy one-liners, Mom plays the straight character, and Grandpa dispenses the moist-eyed wisdom at the end. The pilot takes place at the beach, except it isn’t really a beach, it’s a studio in Burbank. This is one of the promo shots.

31. Emily says:

I generally bring balloons to the beach. I also wear socks with my flippers. There is nothing strange about this photo at all! =)

32. marc says:

Besides the balloons, no sand, sparkle background and their shoes, I thought they were at the beach!