That Girl Is Poison

January 15th, 2011

That Girl Is Poison - Black And White

“This photo was taken in 1950 while our family was on a summer vacation at the Jersey Shore. I am the lovely creature on the left with a horrendous case of poison sumac and look like a creature from outer space. My two brothers seem only intent on shooting the photographer, and my mother, grandmother and grandfather seem unfazed by this weird person in the photo with them. How did I ever allow anyone to take my photo looking like this? I was just 6 years old and probably didn’t think twice about it at the time.”

(submitted by Margaret)

89 Responses to “That Girl Is Poison”

1. Arry says:

I should share with you the photo of me on Easter Sunday all dressed up in my patent leather shoes, bonnet and dress…and 2 black eyes from wrestling.

2. Brenda says:

I revisit this picture ever so often and as always, it makes me laugh.

3. Irene Norman says:

Sometimes before I close out my computer, I go to “That girl is poison” and get hysterical all over again. Margaret, you came from a family of snapshooters like mine. Thank you for sending this photo in. What a treasure.

4. Jen says:

OMG, you poor thing! I’m laughing but I feel so, so, so bad for you! I want to give you a hug.

5. Alaina says:

wow, so funny! I wouldnt have had the guts to take the photo, or even share it with the public!

6. jacquie says:

Thanks so much for sharing this! HIGHlarious! You poor dear….we can laugh because it wasn’t permanent and because of your innocence lol! I just want to kiss your sweet alien face!

7. sunny says:

Same thing happened to me. Face FULL of poison ivy..I looked awful…and my loving mother decided to take a bunch of pictures…she pulled them out when I began dating and threatened to use them as blackmail!!!

8. Lane says:

This is hilarious, I could not stop laughing for about five minutes.

9. mary Ann McKay says:

Actually, I was thinking more “Creature From The Black Lagoon”. You poor thing! As a poison ivy sufferer, I definitely feel your pain. and your itching.

10. Harriet says:

I love this photo, for it’s total hilarity, it’s weirdness, and as a reminder of a time gone by! Just a fantastic moment caught on film. So glad you can recognize how funny your own embarrassing moment was!

11. stylez says:

Crying laughing?? I didn’t find it funny at all..