The Angler

October 6th, 2011

The Angler - Family Portrait

He did what he had to do.

(submitted by Michael)

48 Responses to “The Angler”

1. Missing My Grandma says:

Aside from all the other great things in this photo, I just have to say I love grandma in her house dress and matching sweater. So sweet.

2. TeacherLady says:

I’m fairly certain that the kid in the blue zip up is Eliot’s older brother from E.T.

3. A person essentially lend a hand to make significantly articles I’d state. That is the very first time I frequented your web page and so far? I amazed with the analysis you made to make this actual submit incredible. Excellent activity!

4. Stephanie says:

Did no one else notice that he took a bite out of the kid’s head? It also looks like her ear is on his plate. Definitely awkward.

5. emmy says:

The picture looks like it was taken in the late seventies, but the guy in the blue hoodie looks like he was time warped from a mid-2000s indie band.

6. ween says:

it is a very charming picture.

7. Chris-Matic says:

Other kids laughed at him, but the day would come when he would be the only one to fit inside that awkwardly shaped hole in the wall to save all of the school children from certain death!

Super Hero you may ask? Not to him, Not to him…

8. RB says:

I am disconcertingly reminded of the contorted lovers in Klimt’s famous work, “The Kiss.”

9. Golly Gee says:

Reminds me of holidays at our house. My grandfather only took photos or our fairly large family when we were all seated at the table eating. As future generations look thru the photo albums, they’re going to think all we did was eat

10. Face-Double says:

I want to email the woman on the right. I seriously took a close look to make sure it wasn’t me. Our hair is different but we could be face twins…assuming this photo is, a’hem, a few years old.

Thanks for pointing out the thumb bend…a man of many talents!

11. CarrieM says:

I think Marnie would approve of the regulation gravy boat, but HOW DARE someone leave the rolls uncovered in that basket.

12. Ginger says:

“He did what he had to do” HAHAHAHAHA!

13. Beth says:

It actually looks like that man has a medical condition called torticollis…very painful neck spasms that cause a person’s head to stay at awkward angles, sometimes permanently.

14. Douglas says:

This guy’s best pick up line: “Hey Ladies, you’ve just found Mr. Right.”

15. MaryCherry says:

Thanksgiving just isn’t the same without a cornucopia cake.

16. Joyce says:

I don’t see any green bean casserole. WHERE’S THE GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE MA?

17. seen enuf says:

Ichabod loved holidays because they gave him an occasion to wear his special Fair Isle cardigan.

18. Christina says:

I just tried to bend my neck like that and couldn’t. That is a talent! Plus yes, Marnie would be having a FIT right now about those casserole dishes.

19. Mic C says:

There are a couple long drinks of water in that family. The fellow must be used to scrunching. The little girl in front is obviously in scrunch training.

20. senora_jennifer says:

His thumb on his plate also looks like it is at a right angle as well.

21. Bella says:

Judging by the three relatives closest to him, it appears to be genetic.

22. JOY SKIVER says:

He looks like that kid from the Peanuts cartoon. You know the one who plays the piano and when he dances his head is down like that. LOL Seriously wierd though…

23. Jen says:

I was confused for a second because I was wondering where the fishing pole was.

24. fancynancy says:

Oh boy! Marnie would have a field day with all the non-regulation size dishes on the table.
    Actually, maybe she did see this and broke that poor guy’s neck.

• Deedee says:

O M G I howled with laughter at the Marnie reference..because I was thinking the same thing.. What would Marnie say about those dishes and that non-regulation spoon!!?

25. Jodi says:

Ouch, that looks painful. How does he get is neck to bend so far!!!!

26. binkymae says:

After years of pictures taken by his father, Bill learned how to get his head in a picture. His daughter has picked it up from watching Daddy.

27. Grokman says:

He wouldn’t have had to duck if you’d put you site’s dumb logo in a more convenient spot!

28. seen enuf says:

It is always very important that your head be at a right angle to your pocket protector in a family photo.