Hanging Tough

December 13th, 2011

When dad says he can take care of it himself, you have to take him at his word.

(submitted by Peanut)

15 Responses to “Hanging Tough”

1. Jaylowlita says:

HEY dad, mom said why ya screaming for her?

2. Malcolm says:

Isn’t there a third, even smaller child, hidden behind that bush, who just pushed the ladder over? ;-)

3. librarianjen says:

I’m pretty sure that’s Phil from Modern Family! lol

4. CB says:

Yeah…..what are the odds the picture-taker was there just at the precise moment that the “Dad” was falling…..and there is no blur from his action of doing so. Plus, even if it was real, I don’t find it awkward, per se.

5. Jim says:

I believe creative minds in several communities have staged these types of photos, generally using dummies. The stagers feel like dummies when the police knock on their doors because passersby called in an emergency.

6. Melisa says:

ummm… staged!

7. Josie says:

I don’t know…
    I think the boy would have run if the ladder came swinging the way that it “landed,” instead of standing there staring.

8. mike in nyc says:

Not awkward, staged.

9. Lautrelle says:

But Dad– you told us you did not need our help!!-

10. Scout says:

Cute, but staged. He’s got his foot on something attached to the trellis. Hope day 10 is more like day 12.

11. Allison says:

Haha! Precisely what I was thinking! We actually did the same thing to my dad the time he was trying to bring a large Christmas tree into the house while it was wrapped in a trash bag to keep the needles from getting all over the floor. We were outside and he was struggling to get the tree in the house, and my brother wasn’t helping the situation by laughing. My mom got pictures of it, with me in the background laughing my butt off in several of them. Kudos to this brave man for letting what was probably not his finest moment be shown to the world.

12. Curious_T says:

Hold on honey! I’m coming to get you! I just have to do this one thing.
    (CLICK)
    Here’s the ladder. Are you all right? Don’t worry, none of the neighbors saw it.