Heavy Metal

February 28th, 2012

Heavy Metal - Kids

Proof that you can rock the headgear.

(submitted by Sandra)

17 Responses to “Heavy Metal”

1. keri says:

Too cute! I also had headgear, but dared never to wear it in public. But I love this photo. So epic, so 80s!

• Dave says:

Hey there. Am a recent college grad with braces. As rare as it is for an adult to wear braces, I also wear a headgear as of Wednesday (yes, wearing it Wednesday night wrecked my ability to eat on Thanksgiving!). Was curious, since you said you once wore it, did you wear it or not? I’ve read that a lot of kids don’t wear it and things still work out. It’s just so hard to come home from work and don this thing. Any advice? Thanks, and sorry to bring back painful memories, lol! – Dave

2. Ally B says:

why oh why would this poor girls parents commemorate this with a photo? The only reason i can think of is black mail.

3. Myra says:

I had to go back and look for “the duck bill” – Oh man, I’m laughing – Thank you so much!! I don’t even know the name of mine, but it started on the top of my head and went down my part and around my neck. There was no denying it and I think I only cared that I got a purple one. YOU, my dear, wear this one oh so well!

• Dave says:

4. Grahame says:

Oh, man…headgear. Kids these days are luckier than they know. My parents always used to threaten me with it…”Do ______________ or you’ll have to wear your headgear to school.”

5. Lynn says:

I cannot stop laughing!!

6. Jameel says:

FIERCE!!!!!

7. Lisa says:

So eighties;)

8. And I thought that wearing headgear @ night was bad!

9. Dina says:

My dear you’re famous! I love the fact that you’re so proud of this one you submitted it to AFP!!! :o) I’ll talk to you later!!

10. Rhys Gottwald says:

The origin of the “duck bill” pose.

11. Musicalfruit says:

Awesome. lol

12. Finster says:

Business in the front……party in the back

13. LME says:

Shouldn’t the title be Hair Metal…

14. Megan says:

Oh, I didn’t even see the mullet the first time! I like how her bangs go to the back of her head.

15. shaun says:

Proof that you can rock the headgear…. AND the mullet.