Out Of The Picture

June 28th, 2012

Out Of The Picture - Behind The Awkwardness

“My grandma wasn’t too happy when my dad and my step-mom got divorced. She decided the best way to handle it was to cut her out, literally. I am the one to the right feeling a little left out.”

(submitted by Amber)

17 Responses to “Out Of The Picture”

1. GhostlyStepMom says:

HA!! HA!!! THE GHOSTLY STEPMOM IS BACK TO HAUNT YOU FROM NOW ON!!! HOPE YOU ARE NOT AFRAID OF THE DARK!!!! THESE GHOSTLY HANDS ARE THE HANDS THAT CLOTHED YOU, FED YOU, BATHED YOU AND TOOK CARE OF YOU FOR 15 YEARS OF YOUR LIFE WHEN YOUR BIOLOGICAL MOM WAS NOT THERE TO DO SO!!! I MAY OUT OF THE PICTURE BY MY CHOICE, BUT SHOULD BE THANKED FOR ALL THE YEARS THAT I CHOSE TO STAND BY YOUR DAD & HELP RAISE YOU & YOUR BROTHER!!!HOPE THAT YOU GET A GOOD LAUGH OUT OF THIS,,,I FAIL TO SEE THE HUMOR IN IT!!!!!!ONE DAY, YOU WILL APPRECIATE THE LIFE YOU WERE GIVEN & YES BY MY CHOICE NOT BY FORCE!!!!!!!!!

• HiGhastlyStepMom says:

GhastlyStepMom, are you the step mom that was cut out? It sounds like you are totally stable. Can you tell us what happened to get you cut out?

• slartibartfast says:

OK, there was pain and bitterness. But surely you can see that the ghostly hands are funny, even if the situation wasn’t.

2. Raina says:

I thought my grandmother was the only one who did this. Well, something similar. After my parents’ divorce, my grandmother covered up my mom in our family photo with a maple leaf.

3. bathtub gin says:

My wife’s grandmother did something similar with one of the family’s ex-spouses, except she colored him into the background with markers. She did a really good job – it takes a good hard stare to be able to see that there was a person there, not part of a stone fireplace.

4. Eri says:

My gramma refused to take down the engagement pic of my cousin and her husband after they got divorced. “But it’s such a beautiful picture” she’d say.

My uncle finally had to take it with him one trip.

5. Jezebel says:

Joan Crawford was known for this habit as well. Any photos she was in with any of her ex’s, she’d just remove them from the frame, cut out the guy’s head, and put the photo right back into its frame.

6. Mia says:

All I can focus on in this picture is the little boy is dressed like Pee-Wee Herman.

7. The ghostly are toooo funny, love it!

8. Lizabeth says:

I loved this one… The message was so perfectly communicated. It was funny….looking at this picture brought back a memory…I’d totally forgotten that once many yrs ago, I did the same kind of thing! I had a bunch of pictures that I was putting in a photo album for someone… I had a picture of a group of us that were friends… it was a great picture of everyone. Including one kind of “Benedict Arnold” type. Thankfully that person was on the end. I carefully cut her part out. I’d forgotten doing this til I saw the AFP picture. Then I remembered how good it felt to do so. I had to laugh, cuz I really am not what you’d call mean, or nasty…. maybe a bit of that part lives in us all; at least a little bit.

9. Daybreak says:

I love how she tried to make it look as if the dad is actually holding the little boy.

10. Ed-in-Toledo says:

The original photoshop.

11. Delaine says:

Look at the ghostly hands! if there wasn’t a backstory, you should have sent this to Fact or Faked!

12. Christy says:

She didn’t cut the step mom totally out of the pix. There are a pair of disembodied hands around the little boy!

13. Joe says:

Its like she was never even there.

14. JustMe says:

Well, at least she was creative about it. When my mom and stepdad married, we had the teenage son of a family friend staying with us while his family relocated. They put him in all the pictures like part of the family……and a few months later my mom caught him stealing from us. She was so angry she threw him out and hacked him out of all the wedding pictures……and she didn’t do a nice artsy – crafty job like your grandma either! Hahahaha oh well, in any case, awkward on my friend!