Saw

August 7th, 2012

Saw - Family Portrait

“I walked into the studio last. You should have seen the cameraman.”

(submitted by Greg)

20 Responses to “Saw”

1. polly says:

this is a great picture-my parents wouldn’t allow me to show my true punk colors in the 80′s which i resented; you are so lucky to have such mellow and accepting folks. this really made me smile

2. Becky P says:

This is a killer family photo – love it!

3. laura says:

Those parents rocked! My mom didn’t take a single picture of me during the punk years….

4. corinne says:

As someone who was made to wait in the car when we went out because mom didn’t like my punk clothes, I have to say I’m jealous. Your parents rocked.

BTW, I’m now a 40 year old successful business owner with a pretty normal look. Why I look normal is beyond me.

5. Jen says:

Best family photo ever, since mohawk-kid is smiling.

6. Aubrey says:

That is my Amazing Dad! He was awesome then and still awesome now! You Rocked that Dad

7. Don says:

Looking at it now, I can see why people think it’s photo shopped (little did we know in the early 80′s there would be such a thing). It really does kind of look photo shopped, but as a non-member of the family, I can attest as a witness. If I recollect correctly the agreement was he would shave it off if he got to spike it out for the family portrait that year. Still…BEST family photo EVER! :)

8. Craig says:

I can assure you all, this is a real photo (with no shopping). This is a scan of a 26 year old family photo we sent out one Christmas, and we aren’t triplets, there is an age span of 5 years between us (I was the cute kid in the middle). We did, however, have some awesome parents. My “bro with the mohawk” went through hairspray like you wouldn’t believe getting it to stand on end like that!

• Kelly says:

Your parents must be pretty awesome (and tolerant), that mohawk rocked!

• lizabeth says:

I’m glad to hear the background story…thanks for sharing! You all look so very happy; & your parents look like they are happy, loving AND good sports!

PS… I don’t worry about kids that rebel (see haircut) when they are the age that they are supposed to rebel… I worrry about kids that never question/challenge!

9. Daniel says:

thats my dad.

10. JanG says:

The front of the mohawk appears to line up with his right eye. Photoshopped? …possibly

• A D Fogg says:

I rarely call “PhotoShop” on this or any site, but this looks too obviously contrived for my liking.

• Craig says:

No photoshop here guys. 100% real, just a 26 year old family photo run through a scanner which might have impacted the quality. I was the kid in the middle, and my brother went through hairspray like you wouldn’t believe getting that hawk to stand on end!

11. Jim says:

Yes, it’s awkward, but I already admire the parents. They didn’t let their son’s originality get between them.

12. joannabanana says:

That is crazy! Looks like the same kid, just with three different hairdos (or don’ts!).