Jungle John

April 24th, 2013

Jungle John - Behind The Awkwardness

“Back in 95, a traveling zookeeper (Jungle John) came to my cousin’s birthday party and all the kids took pictures with him and his snake. Needless to say, I wasn’t into it. And I’m afraid of snakes and men in safari hats to this day.”

(submitted by Samm)

6 Responses to “Jungle John”

1. Sarah says:

That is a Burmese python in case anyone is wondering.

2. Debra Barrone says:

Poor baby! I’ve been terrified of snakes my whole life. I wouldn’t have even been in the same room — maybe not even the house — with that snake.

3. M. Dale says:

“and men in safari hats” almost made coffee spew out onto my computer monitor. Too funny.

4. Bill Berwood says:

Knowing Jungle John for nearly 20 years, I can tell you, Yaba, that your comment is not only course and unnessesarry, but could not be farther from the truth. John has a unique gift of teaching combined with a heart that evokes joy from each audience that lasts through his presentations. If you had the opportunity to see him perform first hand, in person, not only wouldn’t you make such an adolescent comment, but you’d probably invite your closest family and friends to enjoy it too. In due time you will gain the maturity to not defame someone as you hide behind a screen in your parents basement. Untill then we’ll be patient as you continue to tread though the awkwardness of 7th grade. Hang in there, you’re future gets much brighter!

• Laura says:

…Maybe she just doesn’t like snakes. I’m sure Jungle John is a very nice guy. Some people just don’t like things that slither.

• Sue says:

Bill – your comments are genuine and true – thank you! John has been performing and delighting audiences for over 25 years. Laura – Bill’s comment was not addressed to Samm, the person who submitted the photo (which Jungle John himself found very funny!). It was addressed to someone named Yaba, who left a very ignorant comment about the photo last night. Thankfully, it appears that the publishers of this page have removed it. :)