Wearing Your Marsupial On Your Sleeve

July 16th, 2010

Wearing Your Marsupial On Your Sleeve - Pets

This young couple met while walking their sugar gliders.

(submitted by Doree)

• In • 32 Comments »

32 Responses to “Wearing Your Marsupial On Your Sleeve”

1. go here says:

??????????????,???????????????,??????????????,????????,??????,??????,????????,????????,????????,????????,????????,????????,????????,????????,????????,??????????,??????????,??????????,??????????,??????????,?????????,?????????,????????????,?????????,?????????,???????????,??????? :???,???????,???????,???????,???????,???????,???????,???????,???????,???????,???????,???????,???????,???????,??????????,??????????,??????????,??????????,??????????

2. Beth says:

Hi Jordan,
    Any advice about bonding? I am three weeks with my new “baby” and am scared to touch her for fear of being bitten. Twice was enough. I carry her in the bonding pouch and talk to her at least 4-5 hours a day.

3. Josh says:

That dude must have a trustfund or something to be that dorky and get away with having a girlfriend like that.

• C. G. says:

I hope it is his wife since he has on a wedding ring.

• Jordan Birkholz says:

yes, we’ve been together about 5 1/2 years. we’ve been breeding gliders for years. great pets. we try to take a photo with our 2 main gliders about once a year. and no, he does not have a trustfund. just a great personality and is my best friend :)

• Jordan Birkholz says:

i’m actually the dork in the relationship. he just does along with the glider photo things to make me happy.

4. DebBart says:

While living out in the woods in RI, there were many sugar gliders or flying squirrels we up North call them.

Although I loved my cats, one had a nasty habit of trying to catch one, and did one evenig. I tried to rescue the little thing, it bit me really deep on the finger and I put it safely in a conifer tree to rest where the cat couldnt get at it.

Had to go to the emergency room for being nice… LMAO

5. Dace says:

lets make no bones about it, that bloke has done *very* well for himself

6. Mary says:

Wow, I can’t believe people have sugar gliders as pets overseas. I don’t think we’re allowed to keep them as pets here in Australia, or any other marsupials for that matter.

• Jordan Birkholz says:

there are several states that they are illigal in out here, such as cali, hawaii and florida to name a few. they are basically illigal to have in states where they can survive the the wild and mess up the ecosystem

7. Jen says:

This looks like several nightmares that I’ve had! Yuck!

8. crematoryfire says:

I loves my sugar gliders. :)

As long as they have their glider food, water, and some fresh fruits, mealworms, or sweet potatoes occasionally they seem to be happy :)

9. Alice says:

I want to be these people.

10. Cat says:

they should not be bred to be sold as pets overseas, as cute as they are they are much happier and cuter viewed in their natural habitat.

11. Tess says:

Nothing says love like matching flying rodents????

12. Chris says:

The male on the guy looks like he might be getting ready to jump over to the girl, actually. Very cute gliders, especially the two babies. My son has a single male glider, very sweet, but keeping one is work, they need a variety of food, and they stay up all night, meaning there have been many nights my son has ended up on the couch because his glider is barking and keeping him awake.

13. JerseyPam says:

There’s a little baby sugar glider on the girl’s arm. Sorry, but I don’t know what little baby sugar gliders are called.

14. Missy says:

I want a sugar glider, they are so cute over on youtube. But our state forbids them as pets. Pretty much our state forbids everything as pets minus cats, dogs, and birds. But we live where there is TON of wildlife so we don’t miss out on much. Except sugar gliders. :(

15. Stephanie says:

The sugar glider on the guy looks like it might attack the girlfriend in the face…

• Jordan Birkholz says:

nah, he’s very sweet. he just jumps on people’s faces sometimes. means no harm, just doesn’t know any better