The Wedding Toast

April 3rd, 2012

As many of you may know, my grandparents are an inspiration to me. While they are the two funniest people I know, they are also incredible role models– married for 72 years! Well, today marks my first anniversary and I couldn’t help but re-post this amazing wedding toast they recorded for my wife and I last year. Mike Co-Founder, AFP

241 Responses to “The Wedding Toast”

1. Marlo says:

This absolutely melted my my heart. I smiled laughed and cried. They are the sweetest.

2. Nancy says:

To a question asked to my grandparents 51 years ago: “What do you do when you want something very much. that’s too expensive?” Grandma: ” I don’t buy it.” & my groom persisted, & asked her (which should have been a warning to me), “What do you do if you really, really want it?” My grandma said, “I buy it.” When I get into bed, Grandpa forgets he’s angry.”

3. Sandy says:

What an absolutely lovely message from your grandparents! They seem like the sweetest people and must know what they are talking about being married so long. Thank you so much for sharing. I wish Mike and Sue a long and happy marriage together.

4. Susan L says:

Mike and Sue – Thank you! My husband and I have been married for 30 years and are more in love now than we were the day we married! Unbelievable. He is the love of my life and I am his. Don’t forget great sex!!!! Laugh and be happy and flirt with eachother too!!!!

5. Marsha says:

You just can’t make this stuff up…lol. It is absolutely the sweetest thing. You are very lucky to have your grandparents giving you this toast! L’chaim!!! To a long and loving marriage!!!

6. Mommala Joyce says:

My Parents and Grandparents Have all since passed, so this is something I treasure and cherish. Although they are not related to me per sey, I can relate and embrace this video and the precious people here…I absolutely love them. hahahahaha 72 years of bliss, and precious memories…I love them and I do not even know them. If I had family left like these 2 precious ones, I would have my life complete……I miss all my loved ones :( BUT thank you so much for lifting up my heart today , I come back often and watch this …It helps a lot…

Love Mommala Joyce

7. Morton Hirst says:

Here in the UK nothing is any different ,we love the way our USA friends and relatives express their feelings after so long together.This is part of Yiddish kite and we feel sure after watching your Poppa and Zeyda you will follow in their footsteps. We have been married only 38 years and we are as happy now as the 1st day. We hope this will be the same for you guys.We wish you “LONG LIFE” together with lots of offspring.

8. Andrea says:

This has made me believe that a good marriage is possible in this world of divorces.
    Mazel Tov on your forthcoming simcha, and listen carefully to those wonderful grandparents.

9. jen says:

of the hundreds of forwards and youtube videos i’ve seen, this is by far the best one. you are lucky to have such awesomely awesome grandparents

10. Adrienne says:

This video is so sweet. My son is getting married very shortly. I’d like to copy/paste it and play it at their wedding. It would be much better than any advice I can give, and much funnier too!! We are blessed that we too have grandparents in our lives. Mazel tov on your marriage.

11. Sue Paul says:

Dear Sue and Mike
    The continued love and committment of your grandparents, sadly, today seems to be
    so special and so rare. Sue and Mike…take a page from your grandparent’s book. Please remember the great love and passion you feel for each other today. When love and life get tough ( and they probably will, at times ) Stick it out! It will get better and easier! There is nothing like ” Love that has ripened”
    My husband and I will be married 45 years in June….I find myself envying your grandparents, and praying for about 30 more!
    What beautiful, funny and charming role models you have! Along with their recipe for chicken soup to keep the fridge full…I think you also have the recipe for a happy

12. Mary says:

Thank you for sharing this video-I laughed and I cried-may you have a beautiful marriage together-you have a high bar to measure against-there is an old saying that parents teach you about love, and grandparents teach you how to love. Cherish eachother and your grandparents.!!!!

13. Linda B says:

LOVED THIS VIDEO! What a WONDERFUL LOVING COUPLE! Your so fortunate to have these loving grandparents to learn from!
    May you have a long and happy marriage like they have for 72 years!

14. iris says:

What a charming and realistic video. I chuckled and cried at the same time. They are so fortunate to have one another. In addition, they each have their dithers which is a gift.

15. This is the most wonderful video. I could not stop smiling & laughing & was teary eyed. The love between these two joyous people is so special. They are true soulmates. On top of this, their sense of humor is the best! My husband & I recently celebrated our 40th anniversary & we see ourselves in our present baby boomer generation feeling the same way.
    Thank you for sharing this very specail video.

16. Jill O. says:

Just the thought of knowing exactly what they were going to say and WHO did most of the talking started me laughing. My Grandson is 16 now. Maybe we should start practicing a toast. It will probably take 10+ years to get it right… LOL

17. Carol says:

Adorable!! Mazel tov!!

18. Diane Frank says:

They are adorable! Their message hits home. We have been married 50 years next month and without living by those rules we would not have made it! Congratulations to both of you. May you enjoy many years together.

19. Roslyn says:

Yup, this must go viral. Mazel Tov to the whole mishpacha. My parents were married for 69 years with the same attitude and love for one another. I felt so happy and secure knowing that I always came home to a house full of laughter and love.

20. Zelda K. says:

I’m still laughing. They are totally adorable.
    This video is a treasure. I can see a sitcom!

21. BelaBela says:

As usual, we know who wins the arguments…..he has safely learned not to put of a big fuss…how do I recognize all of this?? I’m Jewish from the
    Bronx and my Mom was in charge……this is actually a wonderful gift for
    all the children and grandchildren. Here’s to 72 more years!

22. laurie says:

Wonderful, sweet, enviable–you are so lucky to have those two in your gene pool–good luck and make sure to follow all the rules!

23. Diane says:

I would have sworn they were italian! What a wonderful tribute to two lovely people.

24. Lynn says:

They constantly finish each others thoughts and feelings without even knowing it. So real, so very funny and sweet!!! Totally enjoyed it was hard to stop from laughing.

25. Susan says:

First and foremost Mazel Tov!!! Wonderfully funny…and really made me miss my Nana and Papa… All great advice!

26. Sara says:

Loved it! They could be any of our own parents/grandparents! May you be blessed with a wonderful marriage and get to give your own grandchildren beautiful messages!

27. WILLY DUCKMAN says:

Funny.

28. Joanne says:

Mazel Tov on your marriage….your grandparents are truly an inspiration. I hope my grandchildren love and respect me the way you love and respect them…it makes life worth living!

29. Christie says:

Best video ever. Wishing you and Sue a lifetime of love, laughter, quickly-made-up-after-quibbling, and naked Italian boobies by the pool.

30. Lydia says:

I hope that your marriage is as blessed as your grandparents marriage! Mazel Tov!

31. Barbara says:

What a wonderful video.

32. Debi says:

Papa and Grandma are going to go viral! What a gem of a wedding wish. You are all blessed to have each other. Mazal Tov.

33. Katie says:

This is wonderful! Mazel tov!!!

34. Rachel says:

MAZAL TOV!!! They are an inspiration – may your marriage be as beautiful as theirs – Sharing laughter (and even the occasional tear – although hopefully not too many) makes a long life together a joyous adventure!

35. Lesley Paul says:

That is priceless! How sweet and wonderful. This is something your family will always have to cherish. Mazel Tov!

36. Phyllis says:

Mazel Tov! What a joy to see! G-d bless them and thanks for sharing! All the best for a long and wonderful marriage, we are married just 40 years and counting!

37. joy swan says:

I can just hear the laughs and comments at the weddimg reception!!! that is GREAT!1

38. Joan Blair says:

This made me laugh because it was so real and so true. As years go by you learn to appreciate each other more and are comfortable together as you can see!! Great video, thanks for sharing!!

39. angie casper says:

what a great couple we are married 54 years we are newly weds compared to them it takes two to tango and I love to dance thanks for posting this

40. Howard says:

This was great I laughed and cried

41. Marcia says:

Laughing is so good for the soul and your video produced some great laughter! What adorable gems your grandparents are! How lucky to grow up with this kind of humor and love. Mazel Tov, may you have a joyous life together and be able to toast your grandchildren’s marriage one day!

• Rachel says:

Marcia has stated one of the prime rules for a happy marriage that your grandparents didn’t state in words, but surely did by example: Cultivate a sense of humor. I knew from the first time I heard my husband’s hearty laugh that I wanted this man in my life forever.

42. Sandy Weinstein says:

Ron and I will be married 49 years in November. G-d willing, I see us this way in 23 years….Never mind, I see us this way now. When I forwarded this to friends, I said some things are priceless…and this is one of them. Absolutely loved this…will not delete…and will open every time I want to smile. Thanks a bunch for publishing.

XOXOXO
    Sandy

43. sharon says:

How wonderful! I am laughing with tears in my eyes!!

44. Paul Bodner says:

OMG! Move over George and Gracie, Lucy and Rickie…even Reiner and Brookes! I live in Vegas and these folks can be stars here! Wonderful, loving and the real deal! Thanks for sharing – PB

45. Nate says:

I’m married 23yrs I hope to go 72yrs Awesome !!! Thanks for sharing. God Bless

46. Florrey says:

Love it! Your grandchildren are blessed to have two wonderful grandparents. I hope I”m around when my grandchildren get married – how wonderful to share with them tips on a good marriage – most of all a good sense of humor, which you both definitely have.

47. Molly S says:

What a delightful, loving and warm couple. You’re so fortunate to have them in your life.

Mazel tov on your marriage! May it last as long as theirs!

48. Shari says:

My grandparents probably made a similar, but shorter toast at my wedding. I’m going to have to go back and see my wedding video. Love Skype though, it sure allows them to let loose and kiss like they haven’t in 25 years!

49. alibumbayay says:

That was incredible. I laughed so hard I’m crying! (and they are also incredibly sweet.) Thanks for sharing, and congrats on your nups!

50. sandra says:

Thank you for sharing this lovely video. You are truly blessed to have such loving and caring grandparents. Love is contagious, and it seems to run rampant in your family. Mazel tov on your marriage.