Behind The Screen Door

January 10th, 2012

Few things to consider:

1) What exactly is happening behind the screen door?

2) Instrumental solo from 2:03-2:46 is too short.

3) Awkward Family Photos is now accepting VIDEO! That’s right– you can submit your awkward family videos here.

61 Responses to “Behind The Screen Door”

1. Gail says:

If it was my backyard I would find the man in a suit and work boots singing very akward.

2. Jenn V says:

How did you get video of my family? ;)

3. Dominic says:

Love the moment where the screen door almost hits the singer and the two separate worlds almost collide!

The singer is way too serious but nice voice and he’s bear-tastic. I’d take him as he is, boots and all.

4. mud says:

need a little more facial expresesion.glad to see you keeping time with your foot.are those boots your wearing red wing boots?

5. JB says:

No matter what is going on in the background, the guy did a great job on this song!

6. Tina S. says:

I can’t believe no one has stated the obvious. They are his back-door singers! hahahahaha! I crack myself up.

7. Stef says:

I know this is late, BUT I am fairly certain, since there are two clearly visible plants and they touch the leaves multiple times, that they are either discussing how to keep bugs from eating the plants or, more likely, discussing how to make sprouty little plants of the big ones that can be planted elsewhere. They will leave the big plant, just when it needed them most.

8. ACE says:

It’s an amazing cover of Randy Vanwarmer’s biggest hit. And that stuff in the background is nearly Lynchian.

9. George M says:

…you know nobody else ever got a chance to sing!

10. Logan says:

OMG I am in love with this guy! He is awesome and he rocked that DOLLY song awesomely!

11. Hanne says:

hahahah oh my god this was surprisingly funny even if nothing really happened, but i was just so darn curious about what the women were talking about, it seemed to be “important” hahahahah and they were more or less ignoring him, hahahah

12. Tanya says:

I’m loving the jaw-clenching teeth-grinding head-tossing he does on the line “… Goddddd knows!”, plus his very appropriate mountain climbing bootwear. If you’re planning on doing some serious toe tapping, make it in the heaviest pair of boots you can find.

13. Jennifer says:

I really thought there was going to be a gas grill back there

14. Milla says:

How many women does it take….

15. Paige says:

1) Cat under the house (or small child)

OR

2) The house is sinking.

Either way, it’s best not to interrupt great art over trivial concerns.

16. Jodyn says:

I dont see how that was funny?

• RustyKnickerson says:

Jodyn, if you don’t see how this is funny it makes me wonder why you are perusing this site.The singer is not supposed to be funny but the backround activity is comfusing &
      amusing that makes it AWKWARD and I think that is an essential requirement of this site… the videos& pix do not need to be funny (tho often are) but they should be awkward. I copied the following from dictionary.com AWKWARD : lacking social graces or manners. Synonyms: gauche, unpolished, unrefined; blundering, oafish; ill-mannered, unmannerly, ill-bred. This site is not called FUNNY FAMILY PHOTOS.I am new to this fun site and sometimes I like to read the comments before I look at the photo.What is fun about the site is you don’t just look at the photo;often you end up studying these pix,finding more and more interesting aspects to them.It seems like it could be a great place for photoshop geeks to have a heyday but so far I haven’t seen any except in the usual “enhancement” you find in a glamourshot.I have run across iggityBiggity? who PRETENDS to be busting photoshopped pix..but I think(hope) that these comments are meant to poke fun at photoshop trolls..I do hope this is the case.Well considering that I have nothing to do w/ this website It seems I have written out MY specific requirments for it..so I am sorry for my Know-it-all attitude.I don’t know it all..how could I? LOL .This being said I do wish that the Ubernerds who say stuff like ” Lynchian ” would let others IN ON the reference.Not everyone is in on all the new fangled words that are daily being coined or burned into our brains which are trying to hold more and more useless words and information on a daily basis..OKAY then..I gingerly step down off of my soapbox while you are thinking wdujstfooi!!!

17. Heather says:

I really want to know what song that is. o.O

• Christie says:

Um, it’s only one of the most awesome cheesy soft rock songs from the 70′s ever. Probably came out 20 years before you were born. I used to love this song.

I do think the guy actually has a not-too-terrible singing voice, but the video is hilarious and very awkward. :D

18. Sharolyn says:

Wheeewww! I just about laughed myself silly over this! I love the end where one of the gals turns around and does back up for a second. He’s singing his heart out and they’re stealing his thunder and no one seems to know…..until now!

19. rebecca says:

Hahaha, I love how they don’t even give him a glance! He must do this *ALL THE TIME*

20. Janie says:

“You left in the rain WITHOUT CLOSING THE DOOR.” The women figured it would be rude to countermand his karaoke lyrics.

21. Mike says:

Actually, there are looking for Grandma’s teeth!

22. Tim says:

The instrumental solo is not too long. That synthesizer sound is horrible!

23. Jose M. says:

Outdoor karaoke is the best way to annoy your neighbors.

24. Beth says:

I totally think grandma wants opinions on whether to plant her marijuana plants there. Seems like a whole lot of debate going on here! And the guy cracks me up with his left eyebrow raising up every time he hits the high note at the end of each line. Watch it again and you’ll see what I mean.

25. scoobysnack says:

that guy is a great singer. he has an easy listening voice. the ladies are hilarious and they all remind me of a good ol southern summer afternoon.

26. Sénateur Dupont says:

I really like the girl dressed in light blue mocking the guy at 3:39.

27. James says:

It reminds me of the Steve Martin and Bill Murray SNL Sketch “What The Hell Is That” from the 70s.

28. Noodengr says:

I just hope that the bugs are not too bad. The purpose of a screen door is to keep them out
    and it stood open the entire song. Hope they had fun swatting skeeters all night. Must all have been born in a barn.

29. Arkyoutlaw says:

Obviously -his karoke is not impressing the family!

30. Andrew says:

Watch Grandma doing a dry hump motion at 1:04

31. ulostme says:

I think they are looking at and the brief case from Pulp Fiction

32. Hershey says:

Medical marijuana plants. Also helps with scratchy scalp.

33. kat says:

i was guessing a snake or something,but we never got to find out!

34. TIM says:

good job dood pretty normal for a karaoke get together..dont understand

35. Sandy B says:

No one mentioned that the guy can sing! Too bad they didn’t pose him in a better place; but hey! Then we wouldn’t have this bizaare video.

I think they’re looking at the huge pile of doggie doodoo that Frisky keep leaving there.

36. tony14 says:

Clearly the man in black’s girlfriend was the only one who knew how to work the barbeque. How insensitive to dump him on July 3rd.

37. Cassie says:

I think the song more than anything else going on makes the video awkward. o.O

38. Em says:

What was so awkward about that? Kept watching, waiting for SOMETHING to happen… nope, nuthin.

• Bear says:

The women in that town sure do love their matching sets. It would take a real rebel to go against the grain and wear a shirt with bottoms that didn’t come on the same hanger.

• Bear says:

What is awkward is tht the focus is supposed to be on the singer but you can’t keep from watching what’s going on behind him.

• Bon says:

Agreed, I couldn’t take my eyes off the action behind the singer. I did notice that the woman in the light blue matching pants and baggy shirt kept pulling up the legs of her pants. Really started to annoy me…. LOL

39. Jillian says:

That was hilarious! I couldn’t stop laughing over the drama behind that damn door. The women were scratching heads, arms were up and down and all around, butts in the air and a whole lot of pastel going on there. Good stuff. Seriously though, what’s going on behind that door??

• Elliott says:

I’m pretty sure they’re just trying to light the gas grill that you can clearly see the edges of. Nothing really awkward about that, the random PROAM karaoke dude is though.

• Jillian says:

Watch the video again. In the beginning before the door opens, you’ll clearly see it’s not a grill but a garbage can.

• Erik says:

I actually found myself becoming mildly stressed out from wanting to know so badly what the HELL they were so obsessed with back there.

BTW, the guy actually has a relatively passable voice, but he needs to work on his stage presence.

Just a bit.

• josh says:

no, there is no grill there. look at the beginning. just some plants and a garbage can. Women get very animated talking about plants. Ive seen it a million times.

40. ween says:

grandma is showing off the sativa she is growing for her glaucoma.