Terri and the Chocolate Factory

July 30th, 2009

Terri and the Chocolate Factory - Christmas

Business at chocolate world has been a little slow lately.

(submitted by Terri)

138 Responses to “Terri and the Chocolate Factory”

1. Charlie says:

He’s thinking; “Who is this woman they sat next to me? and I want my mommy”.

2. Cara says:

The best part is that they actually had to purchase this picture

3. kim says:

haaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa can you feel it? the love!

4. hank says:

i feel the love hahah

5. Joey says:

I was afraid for my love….and then I took her along with me on a ride to HELL. They say the road to hell is paved with….CHoco-late TReats….and ..and Kandy Korn is sold …..sold on the side of the STREEEEEtt…..

6. Sharlene says:

We went there and it was the worst, fakest “factory” tour ever, with cheap anamatrons and vats of brown gloop that was supposed to be chocolate. It flashes your picture at the end and when we looked at our group we laughed sooooo hard. Every person on the ride looked bored out of their goards, like they just couldn’t wait to get the experience over and get back to real life. Why would they keep doing photos on this tour? It only shows off how bad it is, and I can’t imagine anyone purchasing them, except, as this couple did, because they were so bad!

7. Kate says:

After working for HCW for the past 4 years (the place owns my soul, I swear) I can safely say that’s not the worst. If it were a few years later I’d say their expression was due to the ridiculous singing heifers and the “farmer” cow who takes the picture with his super creepy voice and that inane song that never shuts up.

8. Ann says:

They’re probably in Hershey. Did anyone tell them Hershey moved to Mexico?

9. Summer says:

The both look so happy….

10. Carol says:

This is the Haunted Hershey’s Chocolate World. It’s a totally different.

11. Anonymous says:

They look like they are having so much fun! I’m booking my vacation to Hershey now!! YES!!!

12. Shana says:

OMG, I was also on this tour, and I have a picture when I was maybe 8, and I looked so emotionless too, as well as my brother who was 13, it is definitely more awkward than this picture, if I find it I will scan it and get it posted lol

13. boo says:

best caption

14. Stephanie says:

Hershey Park! :-D

Usually it’s a happier place… Come on, what, did they stop handing out the free chocolate at the end of that ride??

15. Jen says:

Someone was having a blast on the Hershey Tour.. Just not these two.

16. Verity says:

Hershey should use this as their display picture at the begining of the tour!

• Dee says:

Yeah because EVERYBODY would want one once they saw how AMAZINGLY EXCITED these people were at the end of the ride. “It must be great! Look at them!”

17. Danielle says:

OH boy. They look SO thrilled. haha.
    Maybe they were dissapointed in the fact that Willy-Wonka made the chocolate world seem so much more magical. lol.

18. angela says:

And they PAID for that photo

19. Meredith says:

Been there, done that, our picture looks just as scary.

20. Natasha says:

OH MY GOSH!
    I live 20 minutes away from Hershey and my friends and I go there just to ride that ride and make the most akward and ridiculos photos!

But this…is just akward. What do you say about that?? Why would you purchase it??
    Obviously to these people..Hershey is NOT the sweetest place on earth.

21. Mary says:

With a steely gaze Molly looked at her husband and said “We waited TWO HOURS just to get that ride to ourselves for the picture you just HAD to have and NOW it is too late to go to that little antique store I wanted to go to…we are buying that photo.”

22. Spidergoat says:

I have been on that ride, and yes, it is that exciting.

23. antidisestablishmentarianisim says:

it is as if they are saying “where are the umpa lumpas?”

24. Yasmeen says:

OMW i laughed sooo hard when i saw this!

CLASSIC!

25. benny says:

I live 45 minutes from Hershey, PA and have been on this “ride” at least twice a year for the past 10 years. It is actually really fun, so the people’s expression (or lack thereof) makes this picture amazing! One person was right on target…they would have seen this picture afterwards, then decided to spend about $20 dollars to buy it!

26. Will says:

Oh my god… it’s more like dazed and confused carnivale ride to the mental hospital…

27. lagrange says:

“This is my BEST valentine’s day, ever!!!!!

28. Bastet11 says:

I bet they just had a spat.

29. Sandi says:

I was afraid THIS was actually their Christmas card… which is sad because… this is the best you could come up with for 2003????? So much for those bragging Christmas letters….. TOP THIS!!!!!!

30. waxy says:

this made me smile. i live within walking distance of the chocolate factory and anyone that visits us, we take them there because it’s free.
    i have like a billion of these sitting in my attic.

31. emm says:

the fourth happiest place on earth… behind, of course, storybook land…

32. Amy says:

this pic. is realy weird i live about 1 hour away from this place..

33. GeoNeo says:

1st scenario – These people are total strangers… They’ve never spoken to one another. And this is a horror ride. The lady got scared and slid over next to the man to where she could just slightly feel his leg brushing up against hers… She needed human contact ever so badly… Times were hard back home… She just wanted someone, anyone, to make her feel human again.

2nd scenario – It started out as a fun family tour. These two with their three loving children. Part of the ride is complete darkness, at which point the kids suddenly disappeared. Then the couple realized why Hershey’s chocolate tastes so sweet – It’s made out of sweet, kind-hearted children.

34. Matt says:

I have to add – When you go on this tour the picture totally takes you by surprise. You are trying to listen to the words being blasted over a speaker and everything is distracting and hard to hear. Then, all the sudden you get a “smile for the camera” and you’re like “huh?” and by that point it’s too late.

• WaltzingMtilda says:

Right on Matt. We just went to Hershey and on our first factory tour all four of us are looking in different directions in the pic. We look like idiots but I bought the pic anyway. Hershey needs to step up their game on this one.

35. KO says:

My precious…..

36. Matt says:

OMG!!! I totally have one of these pictures!!! For some reason that day I decided to weary a rainbow-striped sweater (what was I thinking) so it really IS awkward!!!

37. Zee says:

The chocolate is the thing. The people are superfluous and irrelevant.

38. gruven_reuven says:

OH NO!!!! That’s Slugwoth!!!! He’s trying to steal the Chocolate recipe!

39. Rick says:

And they actually came off of the tour, saw the picture, and decided that they MUST buy it to share with their friends because they couldn’t possibly describe in words their incredible excitement ….

40. Tocsnai says:

Context is important. When Chocolate World was finally boarded up, Sylvester Chester Wester, pictured on the left here, bought the place out and turned it into a mortuary. This is the commemorative photo he took with his first client.

You can tell she’s the client and not the deceased. She’s sitting up.

41. Suki says:

“… and this is what you get if you have the golden ticket…?”

42. Phill says:

We all just hope that those two are actually together. and she’s thinking, ” six whole seats on this thing, should I worry really??”

43. MCR says:

“NOW you tell me you’re allergic to chocolate?!?”

44. gregorian says:

No Oopma Loompas, obviously.
    Wrong factory.

45. modcenturygal says:

It doesn’t look like such a “Happy Holiday” to them….smile!

46. nite owl says:

so much for chocolate being a mood elevator!

47. What in the World? says:

This is one of the funniest pics yet – love it! :)