The Great Bambini

October 14th, 2009

The Great Bambini - Kids

Our second in a series of flying babies.

(submitted by John)

341 Responses to “The Great Bambini”

1. Jill says:

You Photoshop people are retarded. The “pinkie” is the tab of the baby’s diaper. And the “shadow” of the “person holding him” is in fact the baby’s shadow. If there was indeed a person there, they would have been where the shadow is, and if they’d been Shopped out, there wouldn’t be ANY shadow. Idiots.

My uneducated guess is that someone is off-camera tossing the baby into the frame.

2. Flying? Or hovering …

Makes you wonder.

3. Jill says:

The first flying babies pic belonged on this site because the kid was clearly terrified, hence the requisite awkwardness. This baby is happy and there is no awkwardness in this pic, so why is it here?

4. Catmandu says:

Any chance we can have some sort of filter that puts all the ‘photoshop’ comments in one separate folder? Photos are weird – they catch the light in strange ways, shadows appear where there didn’t seem to be any….

Whether it is or not doesn’t matter whatsoever. Just because you know how the magician does a trick doesn’t mean everyone else needs to have it ruined. You don’t get bonus points for showing off with your weird pseudo-intellectual-analysis! Leave it be.

5. princessluceval says:

After looking at the obvious part of the photo (love the baby’s expression, btw) I was glancing at the pictures on the wall. I want to know what prompted the person to put notation cards under the couple in the center of the photo cluster? What do they say? “Kyle: Dated Kim for a while, then Tiffany for longer, now he’s with Molly. Hope it lasts!” and then “Molly: Met Kyle when he was at the bar drowning his sorrows over Tiffany. They do well together.”

6. Gina says:

The physics of this picture are totally impossible. Unless, of course, Happy Diaper Baby really does have super powers.

7. dsto says:

that chair and that couch do not match! Awkward!

• jacque says:

So true! I didnt catch it at first. I was looking at the picture thinking “I don’t get it, what it is so awkward” . Then I saw your comment and laughed. But really, I think the chair was photo shopped in. No shadow, and no one would pick such a drab color. It reminds me of a GI bleed.

• D'OH says:

We have that SAME EXACT CHAIR AND COUCH in the SAME COLORS!!! My husband bought them when he was single (before we met) and he thought they matched (never let a man buy furniture by himself!). He bought them because they were CHEAP (on clearance)! Talk about AWKWARD! Now I have to live with them until they break or wear out (why would we replace them? They are PERFECTLY good pieces…yadda, yadda, yadday) so I totally understand the AWKWARD!!

8. El Kev says:

Looks like the baby is carrying some passengers………….

9. RobertL says:

I think that the shadow on the wall is the person who is throwing the baby, and is out of shot. I think that the guy in the photo is catching the baby.

(Oooh – my first ever comment after months of stalking this site.)

10. Heather says:

Look, I find 99% of this stuff funny as hell. HOWEVER-
    This really is dangerous. Funny, sure. Most of the times, does the adult catch the kid? Yup. But small children are at high risk for shaken baby syndrome, and posting stuff like this is just BEGGING for copycats.

Take it down. Even if you’re not legally liable, you’re encouraging extremely irresponsible behavior. If this photo encouraged parents to beat their kids would you leave it up?

Take it down. Please. You have plenty of other funny stuff to post.

• Dangerous... says:

My point exactly, Heather. Apparently AFP has less concern for the safety of children and more for the amount of hits they receive per hour. I said the same thing…. and it wasn’t posted.. which is why I posted again.. and a whole slough of idiots jumped on the bandwagon of “oh, xanax…. blah blah..”

• Sheila says:

I hear you Heather..got the same response from some lame brain who doesn’t understand the use of big words (i.e., over 3 letters long). Everyone who writes “Oh, lighten up…” really should commit to spending a day in a pediatric ICU. It might just change the meaning of “Give me a break!” translating it into the literal giving of a break…bones, brain matter, nerves, blood vessels. I’m enjoying this site less and less. Used to be actual awkward photos. Now it just looks like any photo sent in is published. A cross between boring and scary.

• Katie says:

If you don’t like the site anymore, then don’t visit it. Duh.

• butcherbaby says:

no, they’re right…..to prevent even the most statistically infinite chance of accident, illness, or injury, babies should at all times be wrapped in a thick layer of cotton batting, then bubble wrapped, and placed in a sturdy plexiglass bubble crib, with shock absorbers, which is bolted to the floor to prevent any accidental jostling. under no circumstances should they be handled or even touched by anyone who isn’t government certified in the Use Of Big Words, and then only to be fed, bathed, and changed. “playing” is strictly verboten and punishable by law. even something as seemingly innocuous as giving them a stuffed toy would be punishable by stiff fines and maximum jail time (after all, they could perhaps trip over it and end up with a broken neck.) the possession or taking of photographs of such abuse will be dealt with harshly, because they could be viewed by others and promote “copycat” behavior.
            thank you dangerous, sheila, and heather, i have seen the light and never again will i engage in the malicious act of “playing” with babies or small children, lest they be hurt by my blind misunderstanding of what fragile creatures they are, damaged by the smallest touch. it’s a wonder that the human race has survived thousands of centuries without your wisdom. that billions of people currently exist without your knowledge is surely nothing less than god’s greatest miracle!

11. ninjagato says:

whoever photoshopped this forgot to erase the pinky finger coming out of the kids side. Unless he is a mutant baby, at which I submit that he is not being thrown into the air and is actually levitating.

12. Other Dave says:

I don’t see a problem playing “catch the baby” with a shadow!

13. Lauren says:

Hm, yeah. Bad idea. Hope the baby is okay!

14. corkystclair says:

babies … in … SPACE.

15. Michael says:

I kind of hope this is photoshopped otherwise its kind of concerning.

16. hcw80 says:

Having unknowningly removed the baby’s kryptonite onesie, Clark’s adopted uncle was wondering how he was going to explain this to his brother and sister in law when they returned from a well deserved night out.

17. Anon says:

Look closely near the baby you can see a faint ghost shadow like figure looks like they are holding the baby upwards while they are sitting on the chair. Bad photoshop job!

18. Kelly says:

That has definitely been photoshopped.

19. springjack says:

Later in the evening, Flying Demon Baby ate the nanny, his two siblings, and the dog. Only the cat survived to tell the tale.

20. The Mekanik says:

Photoshopped! They forgot to photoshop out the shadow on the wall of the person holding the baby. Looks cool though!

• Madness says:

I also think I see a thumb on the left hip of the baby.

• Franci1969 says:

that’s the shadow of the infant itself.
      I wonder if it is photoshopped, though….

it looks as if the baby is flying through the air, not ‘up-and-back’ to his/her Daddy’s hands.

whatever, this baby definitely looks happy :)

• JeV says:

me thinks you are confusing it with the shadow the baby is casting on the wall, all by itself… and … DOH, i almost got caught in a photoshop argument :-( Scoot, you raskal ! Get yourself of to an i-can-spot-the-photoshop site!

21. leah says:

Oh come on you pansies, the baby is clearly not in any pain. He looks quite happy!

• ninjagato says:

no. the pain comes when daddy doesn’t catch him and he lands splat on the ground

• Dangerous... says:

Or when daddy DOES catch him and doesn’t realize that everytime he does that, he’s causing minute spinal damage and whiplash EVEN IF THE BABY is still smiling afterward. Which can lead to major problems later in life, and even DEATH in the baby. You people need to do a little research… it’s terrifying that just anyone can breed.

22. ukdragon says:

That nappy looks a bit full – hope he was careful when he caught the baby! ;)

23. HS says:

diaper looks a bit on the full side… just sayin

24. adobe says:

Photo trickery. They just glued the kid to the wall for giggles and took a picture.

25. hupla says:

My 3 year old who is sitting next to me just asked why that kid is stuck to the wall.

26. Alexis says:

So totally photoshopped, not actually awkward either. I would love to see what’s REALLY happening to make that cute baby so happy (now that I’m invested in this stupid photo).

27. dono1 says:

“Could you straighten that picture while you’re up there?”

28. t.carroll says:

Tossing babies leads to baby whiplash. Hard to diagnose after the fact. Please don’t toss babies.

29. ballfour says:

Jimmy “Superfly” Snooka…the early years.

30. kathy says:

The family photos in a “cross” shape add a nice touch to the flying baby Jesus motif.

31. Either that baby is a really good jumper, or he isn’t going to be smiling when he lands!

32. feelinz says:

The laws of gravity are a bit confusing for some. Gravity always wins.

33. Tim says:

Another victim of the recession, Macy’s, needed to cut back on the size of the floats for this year’s parade.

34. lazlow3 says:

hmm…it looks like there is a faint shadow on the wall of a person with their arms stretched out. I think this is Photoshopped as well.

35. CarpoolMom says:

Check out the big, white wall with only a few portraits on it? Now I can see why the family stays so small!

36. CB says:

The photoshop comments are DEFINITELY getting old…..and now it’s on the foreground of everyone’s mind when looking at a picture. I honestly don’t think any of these photoshop people know what they are talking about, cuz their shadows and light, and whatever else theories are most often wrong–proven so (like in the case of Aunt Telcia) by lots of personal testimony, and other photographic evidence. Things are not just impossible because you say they are. If it doesn’t make sense in your brain, then that’s not our problem. It’s like someone crying “witch” at something they don’t understand…..

37. caleb says:

ha! i love this photo. the baby looks so joyful!

38. Skeptical says:

MAJOR PHOTOSHOP! There’s no way this guy is tossing this baby up – it looks more like some invisible being is throwing the baby to him. But check the baby’s feet – flat bottoms. FAKE FAKE FAKE. There should be an AWKWARD POSER DOCTORED PHOTOs site for people who just don’t get it…

• Glicks says:

Yes but they’d have to be as sad, pathetic and immature as you.

But yeah, that’ll probably happen.

• Whatever says:

Some of you people really need to lighten up.

• Go Ninja Go says:

You’re right…this has fake written all over it. Is the picture frame in *front* of the baby’s hand??
      It’s real close, if not. The baby’s not being thrown to him…from who? From where? The baby didn’t jump off of the back of the chair, everything about it just doesn’t add up…and if he was the throwing, I believe that his arms would be extended. This is just a super-imposed pile of dookie. AFP shoud know better.

• Bec says:

who cares if it is?

• blah says:

Whatever

• Gravity's Rambo says:

You forgot to mention the lack of a compound bow for people who just don’t get it… hurrrrr-durrrrr.

• iLOLd says:

The depths that Tron Guy will sink to for attention…

(Yes, everyone knows that baby feet have perfect ADULT arches…)

=O

39. Mary says:

Those Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade balloons are really lifelike this year!

40. gloworm says:

It reminds me of the babe.
    What Babe?
    The babe with the power.

41. Don says:

You might want to have someone from La-Z-Boy drop by the house and check out the springs on the recliner. Next time junior brings it to the upright position you might find him spinning in the ceiling fan.

• Alan says:

It’s for that exact reason they had to remove the ceiling fan from the living room.

I’d be that happy, too, if I’d had a La-Z-Boy chair that was that strong when I was a kid.

42. Surreall says:

Wrong, Wrong, WRONG!!!!

43. jack says:

Looks like he bounced the kid off the chair like a basketball and is catching it on the rebound.

44. Zack says:

Dad noticed something different about Jr. the first time baby “jumped” into his arms. Could it be superpowers?

45. Bonnie says:

It does not look like he could possibly catch him!

46. GBird says:

Everything in my Nanny brain is screaming ‘HOW????’
    x

47. gruven_reuven says:

2nd in the series of Parenting in Zero Gravity

48. Dangerous... says:

Where’s my well-researched and cited comment, Awkward Family Photos? Are you afraid that my post will bring attention to the fact that you are posting pictures of children being put in harm’s way for entertainment purposes, which might eventually land you in litigious waters? Shame on you. You need to pull this picture and encourage your viewers to submit pictures that don’t support what could amount to Shaken Baby Syndrome.

• CB says:

Give me a break–it’s fun. Nothing close to “shaken baby syndrome”….just like someone absorbing a hard jump by bending their knees, or landing on tippy toes, if this guy absorbs the catch in his arms (and not just keeping them board straight the whole time), the baby is perfectly fine, and has very joyfully received a little ride that almost all babies enjoy.

• Bubbles says:

Lighten up Tipper…………………..enough said.

• Whatever says:

You really need to get a life.

• Tim says:

Here’s my well-researched and cited reply, Dangerous:

You need to get over yourself.

And getting a life wouldn’t be a bad idea either.

• Sgt Hulka says:

Lighten up, Francis.

• Go Ninja Go says:

It’s a fake, don’t sweat it…

• lighten up says:

are you afraid that my post will bring attention to the fact that i have no sense of humor?

seriously.

• NinjaGato says:

I agree, I feel the same way about this as I do the pictures of the children with guns.

• Wavy-Gravy says:

Ah yes, here is said over-protective/letigious-minded persona in their Sunday best.

Now I’m not saying I approve of this man’s actions, but take it easy.

…shall I assume you were 1 of the 10 folks who called CBS during the 2004 Super Bowl “slip”?

• concerned says:

Can we keep to funny images? This only makes me feel concern.

• Mel says:

Um, I’m pretty sure this guy was just throwing his baby up in the air, like MOST people do with babies. It’s just a moment caught on camera…don’t take it so seriously!

Argh…I come to this website to get my daily laugh..then party poopers like you come in and point out every politically correct flaw…go somewhere else and do your monitoring!! This website is for LAUGHS…

• Heavens says:

I am sorry to read that life has frightened the happiness right out of you. I personnally find this picture rather joyful.

• Madness says:

Heavens, let me thank you for that response. You have captured what I have wanted to say to so many internet commenters but I was never able to find the words. The anonymous internet commenter in me honors the nonomous internet commenter in you.

• Anna Rexia says:

You mean ‘Shopped Baby Syndrome. Go take your Xanax. It’ll be okay.

• iLOLd says:

“Shaken?”
      Seeeeriously? Is the picture you’re looking at moving?

Maybe LESS Xanax…

(Please don’t hunt me down and litigate me!!! At least not in front of the kids!!!)

XD

• Indeed says:

How are you this dumb? No, they’re not shaking the baby. But, this can cause whiplash depending on how the child lands. Think before you type.

• El Kev says:

I think this comment was photoshopped. If it wasn’t, he/she would have had issues with the grandma holding the dead animal carcass in the kitchen, as well as the infamous Van Helsings allowing the children to hold compound bows.

• Penny says:

Oh wow, I think you need to get busy and wrap your kids (and maybe yourself) in bubble wrap.

• Indeed says:

That was my first thought. If this isn’t photshopped that baby was in danger. There’s nothing funny about throwing children. Research says that you shouldn’t even toss a baby in the air and catch them because it can lead to whiplash. Come on people, this is simple: Don’t throw babies. And, AFP? Don’t show pics glorifying it. That’s just pathetic.

49. Nancy says:

Is he going to catch the baby or is he tossing the baby in to the chair ?

50. Leighton says:

Flying babies: this is why I love this site!