Up In The Tub

November 25th, 2009

Up In The Tub - Mom

“I’m in front, brother in back, mom on right.  In a hot tub in a garage in Vail, CO ~1977 after a day of skiing.  Brother with very unfortunate head gear (how come kids don’t have to wear that anymore?).  Brother and I were in inner tubes, for some reason.  I’m pretty sure my mom DOES have a swimsuit on.”

(submitted by Maribeth)

108 Responses to “Up In The Tub”

1. Wendy says:

Why does she remind me of Melanie chartoff of Saturday night live?

2. james Ray says:

People have a lot to learn when it comes to family nudism. It is not sexual, Parents do not have sex in front of their kids. Take any given population of about 20 nudist youths and compare them to 20 non- nudists from any geographical area and see the difference between grades, social interaction, drug use, smoking and drinking and YES! Even abstinence! Lets not forget the biggest one…UNWANTED TEEN PREGNANCY! Non nudist kids are taught nudity as being taboo, and everything has nicknames such as peepee, yangyang, woowoo, the list goes on. Nudist kids are taught biological terminology. This taboo is what gets kids into trouble in regards to unwanted pregnancy. When the cats away, the mice will play…curiousity kills the cat. Yes kids are curious naturally and even more so about nudity because it is soooo secretive. Really people? Take some human physcology classes or study up on AANR or TNS.

3. mc says:

wow please tell me mom’s not nekkid.

4. jackie balfour says:

The kid with the head gear looks just like my little brother identical. freaking weard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Teresa says:

This made my day.Too funny.

6. Peter says:

The kid at the back, he has a mic??
    ‘beam me up Scottie, beam me up right this very second’

7. Cozmo says:

Headgear, headgear, headgear.

How many more teenagers’ social lives must you threaten before something more efficient comes along to do your awful work? I fell victim myself at age 12…and that was the worst threat when my folks would say, “Do it or we’ll make you wear your headgear to school.”

8. kathleen says:

The little kid making the ‘one’ sign like a gangsta and the older kid with headgear (do they still make headgear like that?) are what really make this photo for me. I am also hoping that the mom is wearing something strapless and is not totally nude.

• Maribeth says:

Against our mom’s most vehement cries, there are other photos in this series proving she is indeed topless. This is out of character for her and more reason for the hilarity.

• Joemama says:

Maribeth – you should post some of those other pictures then! LOL By the way, you are adorable in the picture.

9. The mom is hot….. and she’s having too much of a good time

10. mary peck says:

I hope this wasn’t their Christmas card. To each his/her own though, I guess…

11. CC says:

This looks awfully photoshoped to me.

• Maribeth says:

LOL as the submitter of the photo (and the little “boy” in the pic) I can assure you this is a straight 70′s slide without a dash of photoshop!! I never had so much fun as converting our 70s / early 80s slides to pics!

12. Clown3 says:

Yes it is a funny photo. So it’s ok for europians but not Americans? I say that is what the biggest problem is. Uptight people.
    As a kid in the 60′s, after church we took a drive up the Coast of Calif and we ended up in the hills by Big Sur. There was a creek and as a ten year old i went hiking around. There were some male and female Hippies skinny dipping and my Mom freaked out. I didn’t see the problem then nor do I now. Suits are always optional in our hot tub after dark. I always wore a suit because we had girls but their mom never wore one.

13. alison says:

always remember to wear your headgear in the hot tub!

14. The Scarlet Pimple says:

This is the BEST afp I’ve ever seen.
    The kid with headgear in the back makes it.

15. charmy_canuck says:

Is that a Japanese bathtub? Its not uncommon for families to bathe together there you know…although this family doesn’t look asian…

16. thelocket says:

I am just hoping the Mom has a strapless bikini on…

17. Ponyo says:

Itn’t that one of the barrels people put grapes in, and then you get in and stomp on them and juice comes out. Maybe the instructions were in another language.

18. Mark says:

Would it be more awkward, or less awkward, if the younger of the two kids happened to be the Mary Beth that submitted the photo?

• Joemama says:

It is Maribeth. She commented several times in the comments and identifies herself as the little girl holding up the finger. It is taken from the 1970′s. She said that other pictures from this series prove the mom was topless.

19. Rosa says:

I wonder if they know the toga wearing family.

• boredatwork says:

WIN!! I’ve looked at almost every pic on here the past few days and have become sort of numb to the comments …. you made me lol!