Such Great Heights

March 29th, 2010

Such Great Heights - *AFP Hall Of Fame*

Oh, those two.

(submitted by Jennifer)

120 Responses to “Such Great Heights”

1. Miss Obnoxious says:

OMW!! When I first glanced at this, I thought that those two kids were laying down and kissing each other! X-0

Please tell me that I’m not the only one who thought that’s what was happening in this picture!! LOL

2. kjmarkin says:

I’m the grandmother – yes this is real… many daily prayers for the family… this is nothing new, but thankfully the boys are still alive and well and the greatest of brothers… and yes, they are very creative and energetic!

3. Geoffrey says:

The answers to all of your questions: I am the father of the two boys in this photo. Yes it is real, taken on the Pay-Day lift at Park City Mtn Resort. The woman on the lift is an Aunt with her son visiting from California (thus the long sleeves and pants). My boys are natives and used to the temps. They were riding the lift to the Alpine Slide and when my younger son saw the smile for photo sign he grabbed his brother to make it look like they were making out. My older son was suprised and offered mild resistance. When they saw the photo they all laughed and insisted on buying the picture which now hangs in our home. Both boys are still alive as of this posting.

4. sofia says:

Haha, I have a photo like this :P mom&dad making out, all of us kids gagging

5. Carolyn says:

The lift was NOT that big in the 60′s. It was a one seater. Park City was a true Ghost Town with dirt roads to the city. Wild in a Beetle Bug….

6. Spear says:

My parents have horror memories of riding this lift in Park City and my brother (who was about 2 at the time) trying to wiggle out of my dad’s arms the whole time. I’m sure my mom would pass out if she saw this picture

7. Katya says:

It’s like Lord of the Flies!

8. Stu Pidassle says:

Photo is a fake, The bar with the # 85 on it is way to close in perspective to be the hanger for the far chair lift. And no other bar can be seen.

9. Gogit says:

Yeah, your kids are inches from falling hundreds of feet having that rasslin’ but, hey, you’re taking a good pic with your better behaved kid in a scenic spot so go ahead- relax and smile!

10. Megan says:

I think they are photoshopped in. They are in shorts and t-shirt and the other two are bundled up. And the mother isnt even looking. Fake.

11. Ryane says:

As I pointed out at the last falling boy pic… They are boys and will fall just get back up and do it again and again and again just to hear the gasping sounds of people around them! They love it!

Oh and I was just informed by my 8 year old son that falling tickles Peter Parker! Who knew? So that is why they were trying to push eachother out! LMAO but really that looks scary however high it is and my kids would NOT be doing that!

12. emil says:

The Postal Service anyone? no? dang.

13. lagrange517 says:

they really wanted to recreate the fight scene on mt. rushmore from north by northwest, but they had to settle for park city instead..

14. jill says:

This makes me so woozy just looking at it. I live in Salt Lake City & ride this lift to the Alpine Slide about once a year. That is not a trick photo–I sit very closely to my kids on the lift because it is quite the drop. On the other hand, I would also buy THAT photo…it’s priceless. Proof that your kids really almost did kill each other. :)

15. Daniel says:

I grew up in Park City.
    This isn’t a trick photo – there is a camera that snaps your picture about 30 feet from the dismount point.
    This is about 10-25 feet away from the ground. (My memory is rusty; it’s been 6 years or so since I rode this chair.)
    The chair’s ledge is about 3 feet deep.

16. Kenna513 says:

My God! Were they even strapped in??

17. Emma says:

I think this is in front of a green screen..or i hope so at least!

18. TMB says:

It reminds me on a show i saw on birds where a certain type of baby bird will push the weaker one out of the high nest. yipes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Jamie says:

Mom is smiling because she’s hoping BOTH of them will fall.

20. 한국 says:

안녕하세여 저는한국에사는 강희원입니다

21. snagglepuss says:

they look like they are making out!

22. Celeste says:

Or the one all bundled up isn’t hers, and the other two are. Two rules for liking kids: 1)They must not be your own, and 2) they must not be someone your own wants to date/marry.

23. Nathan says:

You should see what they do to freak their mother out!

24. Bonnie says:

Please tell me this is a trick photo and it was taken in front of a green screen. This would give a mother a heart attack.

25. Paulie1968 says:

It looks like the one on top is trying to smother the one underneath.

26. Jenn says:

all I can think of is those two falling… I can’t even look at this photo without wanting to scream for them to sit up, stay still and put on a darn seatbelt!

27. krysti says:

What the picture doesn’t show is that the woman isn’t related to them at all….they’ve already pushed Mom & Dad off the lift and are going for the win against each other.

28. carol says:

My little tummy goes squiggles when I look at this.

29. starsky51 says: