Saturday Night Special: Number One

April 24th, 2010

Saturday Night Special: Number One - Family Portrait

The giving tree.

(submitted by Amelia)

106 Responses to “Saturday Night Special: Number One”

1. Elyse says:

Hahaha, that is AWESOME!!!

2. John D. says:

Feels good, man.

3. stephanie says:

What’s wrong with taking a pic while waiting in line for the bathroom?

ichooslif- It’s funny the first time. My second son would make it a morning habit to ” poopey paint” every morning. I had to set my alarm to wake up before he did or i had a mess to clean, all over the walls and his crib and bedsheets. We had to come up with ways for his to not access his diaper, like putting pj pants under his onesie and turning the onesie around backwards so he can’t open it. Everything we’d try would work for about 2 weeks until he figured it out.

4. Paulie1968 says:

LOL This is funny, not awkward in the least.

5. ScoutC says:

My friend’s younger brother (at about age 3 or so) had to relieve himself and didn’t want to go inside to do it, so decided to pee on the tree in the grassy strip between the sidewalk and the street. He didn’t want people to see him, so he went around to the STREET side and let loose. Never mind that this was fairly busy street at about 4:30 p.m., when everyone was driving home from work, including all of our dads. Everyone saw him, except his mom.

6. Mary says:

Photobomb!!!

7. ichooslif says:

I kinda wish I had gotten a photo of the time my little man decided to remove his diaper and sample what he found inside.

My husband called me from the other end of the house practically in tears from the laughter. I walked into the little dude’s room and found him bawling his eyes out, butt naked, his face and hands covered in brown. Hilarious!

Until I had to clean it up….

• Lady of the House says:

We have some friends who recently bought a house with a hot tub. The first time they had it all cleaned, set up and ready to go, the mom got in for a soak with her son, who was then in the middle of the potty training process and was wearing a diaper with elastic legs under his swim trunks. When he started splashing around with his toys, his mom sat in front of one of the jets and put her head back with her eyes closed to relax. She sat back up again when she heard her son start gigging (instead of just play chatting) and discovered a floating present on the surface of the water heading toward her. She said it was just like the scene in “Caddyshack” (i.e., she was hearing “Jaws” music in her head) — except that the little present floating on the water didn’t turn out to be a Baby Ruth bar. She still doesn’t know how her son’s doody escaped from the diapers, but … then again, she’d really rather forget the whole thing.

• Steph says:

I consider myself an extremely laid back parent and will laugh at things that most parents would throw a fit over. But if my son (or daughter) had ever decided to put poop on their face, and especially in their mouth, I believe that the last thing I would do is stand around having a good chuckle over it.

8. Shellknobgal says:

Awww…I always loved this pic. And Auntie you look so lovely! Go little man, was to assert your independence!

9. SoMuch2Say says:

He’s got a cute lil’ baby butt!

10. Ginny says:

Atleast the photoshop police cannot say anything about this photo :)

11. mom2boys says:

he may not be potty trained……..but he is housebroken

12. coNNie says:

No performance anxiety for this kid.

13. It looks like he has been outside with Grandpa again.

14. sallyomalley says:

How! How did the photographer not notice that?!?!

• Holly says:

Yes, well, I was looking thru the lense and concentrating on the the pic. The little guy wasn’t even supposed to be in the photo.

15. L says:

I *heart* this pic. Baby Amelia is lovely, the ladies are lovely, and the brother had me LOL so L that co-workers checked on me. (“Um, yeah, I’m ok, just this hilarious spreadsheet cracking me up.”)

16. Sidekick says:

“Boys will be boys”

17. nariu says:

My son did this during a photoshoot in the park but we didn’t catch it on film… wish we had. It would have captured a true moment in our family!
    PRICELESS!

18. angie says:

This looks staged! LOL

19. G-Love says:

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

20. BeeBelle says:

At first I figured this was going to be a series, but now I really hope you aren’t going to publish a number two.

21. ScoutC says:

“The Baby! The Baby! Here’s my opinion about that baby!” says Billy. Little boys and trees — it’s bladderful thing!

22. Meredith says:

Does this mean there will be a Saturday Night Special: Number Two? If so, I’m scared.
    :P

23. Alan says:

He may never ‘pass’ this way again.

24. skyeleo says:

lol-the women in the pix are completely oblivious

25. Don says:

This could explain why the landscaping is…well…found to be wanting.

• Lady of the House says:

You just have to install the “right” landscaping for the local conditions. I have found that my azalea hedge actually likes the extra attention it’s receiving from my husband and my male dog (see my prior comment above, but please excuse the typos). Ever since it started to receive extra sprinklings from the male members of our household, it has had 3 spots that basically bloom year-round: My husband’s spot in the center; our male dog’s spot that is to the left side and a bit lower than my husband’s spot; and a spot at the far edge of the hedge that people have to pass to enter our yard — which is where my male dog has marked the start of his property.

26. Mary Lou says:

I’ve had an entire backyard full of little boys peeing in sync! what is it with boys and peeing outdoors? Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should! LOL

• Pookie says:

didn’t you know…

we are marking our territory

• Lady of the House says:

Pookie’s right on the mark (no pun intended) on this one! The first time my husband and I will arrived home together after a long car ride, he suggested that I use our “indoor” facility and he’s just go out to our yard and relieve himself where our male dog liked to go — on our waist high azalea hedge. As soon as he opened the door to step outside, all 3 dogs followed him. And, as you might expect, as soon as my husband’s stream started, our male dog was right next to him doing the same thing. My two guys, so proud to mark their territory, but at the same time it was a little like two guys just doing their thing side-by-side at a urinal. (Of course, our male dog held back just a bit, so he could try to re-spray my husband’s spot — which was actually too high for him to reach. But, he tried … )

• Lady of the House says:

I think the urinal trough experience rewards men who are comfortable peeing together. On a separate, but related note, when we’d go camping as kids, my brother and his friends would sometimes have contests to see who could hit the lake from the furthest distance. If you ask any mother of a son, I think she’d agree that, from the time they’re born, boys like having the power to spray things … and I don’t think that feeling goes away. Moreover, who could blame them? Heck, I know how great it feels to use a power sprayer on my plants!

• Libo says:

OH the visual on that on Lady of the House!!! I couldn’t agree with you more though, as I’m laughing hysterically in my office cube…I’m sure someone is bound to wander over and see what drug I’m on today…

27. Bruce says:

Ah, the circle of life….

28. Datin'Kait says:

Hey, he’s just doing his part and giving a little something back for Earth Day.

29. D'OH says:

PRICELESS!! All I could do was LOL

30. tyree says:

lls he doin it gangsta

31. Erin says:

Ah, little boys.

32. Dan Brennan says:

I saw that episode of Rugrats.

33. cranky says:

Free Willy!

34. cjgs1 says:

Don’t parents watch their kids any more??? Kids (not just boys) are getting away with the most awful things these days. Things that would have warranted a spanking 50 years ago. And are the kids any better behaved because of not spanking?? I think not.

• Elizabeth says:

1. This picture is AT LEAST 20 years old, if not more. I’m thinking 30.
      2. If you think boys started peeing on trees in the past 25 years, you have got another thing coming.
      3. He probably did get a spanking once they caught him.
      4. Judging by your comments, spanking didn’t help you any. You’re still trolling the Internet looking at reasons to smack children on the buttocks and complain about other people. Spanking behavior modification FAIL!

• Dan Brennan says:

Honey this kind of thing is as old as civilization, and maybe a bit older than that. 50 years ago the Dads would have still been laughing and the Moms would have been just as shocked.

• amy says:

You have really got to be kidding me CJ. That was a real stretch to reach the soap box.

• Adrienne says:

Yeah, no kidding. I don’t care if I am too relaxed as a mother, I thought this was a great picture (I’ve found my son on any number of occasions-in emergencies I have even encouraged this behavior-minus the camera).

And this is obviously an old picture-if you can’t laugh at it, you should probably stay away from this site!

• Holly says:

That pic is 24 years old. The photographer never even noticed, nor did anyone else, and I’m guessing that cj never had little boys. Just try and stop them from peeing outside.
        I saved spanking for life-threatening behavior. And that little boy is very well thought of by anyone who knows him.

• anne says:

Oh CJ, when did you crawl out of the hole in the ground or have you lived in the concrete jungle all your life and not met any little boys at all ?

• BJ says:

You’re right. We should beat these kids until they no longer pollute the environment with their urine. Then we’ll teach the birds and the fish.

• Rae says:

lol..Good one BJ.
        My son will go anywhere if he has to. I’m still at the stage of teaching him it’s ok at home but not anywhere else.

• angelfirett says:

First of all, I agree with everyone else and second of all my adult husband still prefers this.
      Have you never met a man in your life?

• Lardnanny says:

CJ, is this a flaccid attempt trollish humor? the comment is a reflection of your humorless ignorance. it must really be sad to be you…

on a side note, the photo was taken 30 or so years ago. the kid & his family are some of the finest individuals I and many others have known. it is a privilege to call them friends.

• Ginny says:

Hi ya CJgs1,

We are still waiting for your 2009 thanks giving letter.
      Is there any way you could let us have it atleast now ?

• Steph says:

Aww, CJ! You’re giving us pro-spankers a bad name here!

• pixeltickler says:

When my brother and his friends were younger (in the mid to late 70′s) they used to have contests to see who could aim their stream of pee the furthest down the hill… in my mom’s FRONT yard. Additionally, they played “Shoot the birdie” to see who could pee the furthest UP the wall in their elementary school boy’s bathroom.

Had they been caught, yes, they would have had their bottoms paddled.

The world was also a little safer then. When I was a kid, it was normal to disappear somewhere in the neighborhood along with the other neighborhood kids and return home at dusk without our parents being worried about us.

Now it seems that people have to keep an eye on their kids at all times… not because always because the kids themselves, but because of those who prey on them.

35. Van says:

When you gotta go, you gotta go.

36. Barbie says:

Shel Silverstine would be so proud..

37. meri says:

that baby is just angelic! OH MY, look at her brother! I hate it when it takes me a few minutes to figure out the Awkward!

38. I wonder, did the photog realize this when he/she took the picture, or were they surprised when it got developed?

39. Alli says:

Good one Mah! This is precisely why I’m glad I have two daughters and no sons!

40. may says:

the woman in the blue dress is so beautiful

41. John says:

So I’m guessing that’s Amelia in the bonnet, there. Finally getting even with her big brother, after all these years. Wonder what the worst thing he ever did to her was.

42. Beki says:

Pants on the ground, pants on the ground…

43. Mah says:

So glad to finally get a daughter, they forgot all about the feral son that came before.

• Carabug says:

My 3 year old daughter saw her 3 year old feral cousin do this in our backyard once. From then on, all she wanted to do was wee in the bushes standing up. It was super embarrassing…especially at huge family BBQ’s.

• Tbirdy says:

Feral son FTW!

44. seagreen says:

“I HATE it when you put us in these outfits for pictures…especially these pants. This is what I think of them!”

45. Lisa says:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
    Got nothing else, just that.

46. Rae says:

lol…this will probably happen to me. My son will whip it out anywhere if he has to go.

• Elizabeth says:

If he’s not going in a diaper, it’s a success. I wish my daughter could do that!

• william says:

Hilarious! That makes me remember when I was 3 or 4, we’d be at the grandparent’s house in the living room, watching tv, and when I had to go, I had it out and was guiding it like a rocket thru space on the way to the bathroom…..in my mind I was playing Spaceman AND having it ready before I got to the toilet.

My way of thinking was corrected after the second or third time. 8^(

47. Teacher says:

If you have EVER been around a little boy then this picture should NOT surprise you!!! haha PRICELESS!!!

• Quilter says:

I didn’t have boys but my sister has one who is ALL boy. He actually stood up in his chair at the dinner table and whizzed on the table!!!

48. Debbie says:

looks like any given day in my back yard! ha ha!

• Lex says:

haha this is the best one I have seen yet.

Cyndi “ewwwewew”??? Really? This was to graphic or risque’? He is ovbiousy so young it is innocent. Are you also really young?