The Great Bambini

May 22nd, 2010

The Great Bambini - Babies

Photoshop conspiracists, please start your engines.

(submitted by Jeremy, who is standing by to defend his photo)

See the original “Great Bambini” here: http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/2009/10/14/the-great-babini/

237 Responses to “The Great Bambini”

1. Annelie says:

It’s called Awkward Family Photos, not Awesome. Settle down, it was sent in because it’s not quite right!

2. Liz says:

My brother, father, and I used to play catch with my son when he was a baby. He loved it. This is awesome.

3. dorrie35 says:

Great shot!

4. Ashley says:

Wow thats amazingly high!!! But look at that little boys face in this picture, he is obviously loving it! whether its photoshop or not, parents know their childs limits, now if that kid was screaming in horror or even looked scared, i would have something to say…. fricken cute as hell is all i have to say tho:) Some people take things too far when it comes to “child safety” You do realize our parents, grandparents, did a lot of risky things and we are here! :)

5. Jessa says:

My dad would throw all five of us kids in the air like that (probably higher) and guess what…we’re all alive and happy. People need to chill out and climb down from their ‘high horse’

6. Pokemon says:

lol flying baby ^^

7. Burger Boss says:

I’m 71, back in the day, (early 50′s), I would toss my younger brothers in a very similar manner, no one got they’re undies in a bunch, and we ALL survived to adulthood.

8. brian says:

Wow, I throw my boys high, but this is insane!!

9. sara says:

This looks real to me. The baby has light shining on the side of his face and the baby would have to be up really high for someone to get a photo from that high of an angle. If this was photo shopped, they must have been REALLY good. Shame on that dad!

10. BostonianCritic says:

Life is short. Live it. To all of you who shudder at the thought of your child being tossed into the air, I have this to say: Idiots.

11. gypsy says:

if you look at the baby, he looks very much like he’s being held outward (think, stinky poopy diaper, so you’re holding him away from you), not falling or rising. i’m fairly certain this isn’t real. it just doesn’t look right at all for the baby being tossed.

12. Cool Pa Duke says:

Patti LaBelle says, “Halleluiah! It’s raining babies.”

13. Smartazz says:

When the 40 ft. bow breaks the cradle will fall, and down will come baby, but not the cradle at all !!!

14. 80s Chick says:

This photo is not awkward. It is disturbing (if it is real.) I don’t want to stir up the hornet nest, but the baby-tossing in this photo is not safe at all! It looks like someone dropped the infant from a high branch. There is nothing wrong with bouncing baby over your head a foot or so…but ten freaking feet? Too dangerous, says this mommy!

15. MaryLu says:

And he’s gote Emergency Room papers to prove it!! HAHA, my brother was doing the “great Bambini” with his daughter and accidentally dropped her, one broken arm later….

16. SERIOUSLY, says:

GEEZ! I SWEAR! some of ya’ll read into things so much! seriously! unless everyone bashing this picture is the #1 parent in the world, you guys need to stop complaining. next you’re going to say that riding bikes, roller blading and being a kid is dangerous. its a freaking picture. yeah, okay whatever this father did something 100% dangerous, and especially at that height, but he obviously still took the chance. and for all that shaking baby syndrom, he isnt SHAKING the baby he’s lifting it up in the air. i mean, what kind’ve parents are ya’ll to not have fun with your kids. just let it be..

• Isabelle says:

No one says the world isn’t dangerous. But riding a bike, roller blading and being a kid is all stuff that most kids “need” to go through. Maybe not those specific things, but all kids go through some stuff that could be dangerous as a normal part of development.

No one needs to throw their child in the air like this. It has no point. There are other things you can do “for fun” with your kid. You don’t need to be risking their lives for something that stupid.

• Centaur says:

At last, a voice of common sense. I was on the verge of completely giving up on humanity. I can’t for the life of me understand how anyone can think this was a good idea.

• sarah says:

lifting it into the air? he’s throwing it like 10 feet into the air.

• mary says:

I thought Seriously was going to post a funny retort to us who find this non-funny. I was wrong.

17. Anthony S says:

It’s obviously photoshopped. No kid that young can levitate as high as that.

18. Morgan says:

It’s a bird, it’s a plane, no it’s FLYING BABY!!!