Over The Rainbow

June 14th, 2010

Over The Rainbow - Photos

This clown swears she’s never heard of Raggedy Ann or Ronald McDonald.

(submitted by Shayne)

86 Responses to “Over The Rainbow”

1. Carolina says:

So, OK. I love clowns. AND I love Raggedy Ann (and Andy) but I do NOT like this picture! Maybe it’s just ‘overkill’? My grandmother made Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls for all of her grandchildren after they were born. (In the late ’40s through the ’50s) Now, this sounds even MORE disgusting, but she always made little satin hearts and put them inside each doll. (Actually, in a little pocket) She embroidered each heart with ‘I Love You’, done with satin thread. The clothing, of course, covered the ‘secret’ up. I’ve still got mine, as does my brother and various cousins. They are works of art, actually. All done by hand, and perfectly sewn. Considering that there were 11 of us, all told, and all born within about 6 or 7 years of each other, that was a LOT of sewing. NOBODY has ever been scared (OR ‘scarred’) upon seeing them, BTW. Oh, and when my daughter was first starting ballet, she was Raggedy Ann in the ‘Nutcracker’. (I THINK it was the Nutcracker! The Dance of the Dolls?)

I think Ray Bradbury and Steven King, etc. spoiled clowns for a lot of people. (And McDonald’s didn’t help. THAT’S an evil clown!) Now everyone thinks ALL clowns are evil. But I still love and collect them. I don’t keep them in the living room though, since so many people ARE scared of them! But, my collection has been appraised at many thousands of dollars, so pooh on everyone! I doubt anyone will try stealing them…LOL!

2. Morgan says:

This picture will probably scare little kids!!!

3. Carole says:

I love Raggedy Ann dolls and my whole family think they are the scariest things ever. I have a collection, but don’t put them out so I don’t want to tramatize them.

4. John Tiefenbacher says:

Never… EVER… Go UNDER the rainbow!!! There are no kittens… no smiles… There is NO GOLD!!!

5. laura says:

The background looks professional, did s/he actually walk into the mall leke that?!

6. Cara says:

I think I just wet myself. Clowns scare me, and this is the scariest I’ve seen in quite some time.

7. Becky says:

*Sniffle sniffle*

8. jen says:

Oh God. Memories of my ex-mother-in-law. This is what I get for slacking off with AFP at work.

9. david says:

Beep Beep Billy-boy

10. Missy says:

“IT: The Sequel.”
    Wife has a dolly. Don’t take her dolly.

11. vi says:

I hate clows

• Missy says:

Oh my gosh!! I hate clows too! (Cows that dress up as clowns right? That was what you meant right?) If not, then I love clows.

12. Margo says:

I really hope there is a valid story behind this photo to give it some reason for being snapped. Otherwise, it is just plain disturbing.

13. fireflight says:

I WANT MY MOMMEEEEE!!!

14. Ariel says:

I definitely had curtains made out of that exact rainbow fabric when I was growing up.

15. Maureen says:

Holy Mother of Pearl, that is the most frightening thing I’ve ever seen.

16. Doris says:

this is by far the most scariest picture ever posted here.
    now i’m constantly thinking about how her doll is chuckling under my bed…

17. amalink says:

I wonder how far this actually went – is she wearing the same rainbow bloomers, white tights, and red shoes too?