Sway Boy

July 9th, 2010

Sway Boy - Family Portrait

Somebody isn’t so comfortable being the center of attention.

(submitted by Tiffany)

89 Responses to “Sway Boy”

1. Lady In Top Right says:

I’ll let you nuts keep guessing! Tiffany, thanks for doing this to the family……..i will get you back i promise when you least expect it…….

2. Framboise says:

Aunt Hilda in the back is definitely having a religious experience. I am in stitches.

3. moi says:

what’s scary is this is probably the best of many pictures

4. Mary says:

Ok I got it. The one in the back looking up into the air IS the photographer. She is still trying to set up the shot. Everyone up front is already set. She is trying to get the boy into place but he’s upset because HE wanted to sit on somebody’s lap too. The other woman at the back is older so is probably mother to the woman in front. PLUS it looks like she might have a cane, look right behind the woman in red. Obviously this was a woopsie shot as the photographer was trying to get things set up. But still a great awkward photo!!

5. Kazz says:

We live in such a polarized society that it’s tough to be that guy right in the middle.

6. jacque says:

The women behind the man looks like 90% of photo booth shots. The person looks at their reflection in the mirror instead of the camera. Maybe the photographer had a fluffy animal to make the little kids smile and she just had to sneak a peek.

7. BSWake says:

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha Tiff, I can’t believe you looked EXACTLY the same at this age as you do now, minus the blonde hair. bahahahahahaha I also can’t believe you finally made it onto awkwardfamilyphotos. How long have you had this one tucked away in the attic? I can’t believe your mom doesn’t have it on display at the house… hahahahahaha To all the “Photoshop” people… If only you knew this family, you’d understand how truly magical this gem is.

• luv says:

“If only you knew this family,”…..OMG….are you kidding me, I am related to these people. What a shock to see this. There is no explanation here, we could never have this much fun on our own. ROFLMAO……:) >dcg….klg’s mom….figured it out yet????

8. bp says:

So, when the photographer said, “Look at the birdie!” Were there MULTIPLE birds flying around or something? No one is looking in the same area!

9. Scott says:

I see dead people!

10. Chemgirl says:

Is the little boy in the back the same one from the awkward pet side of the site who’s choking his dog in “Feel the Love”? He looks awfully similar…

11. Pondering Tim says:

It looks like the woman in the upper left is about to break into Bonnie Tyler’s “Total Eclipse of the Heart.”

12. candysland says:

Looks like the Utah Polygamy.. pay your wife’s sitting fee, get two wives sitting fee’s free, day.

13. Jami Foster says:

I’m thinking the kid in the back must be a result of a sordid affair with the mailman…still blood related so he can be in the picture…but you will stand waaay in the back with dad’s ex wives.

14. Andrea says:

I don’t understand who the ladies in the back are.

15. Jacobi says:

Big Love!

16. kathy says:

This picture confuses me so! Who in their right mind would pose people in this way? Who are those two ladies, could they be the siblings of the two older people in the front? What is the one on the left looking at? Why is the kid crooked? Was this the photographer’s first day on the job? Or did he just not like these people? This is just weird.

17. Stefanie says:

Those aren’t EX wives….those are sister wives!

18. N says:

I see dead people . . .

19. chillycanadian says:

i see that polygamy in Utah is still going strong. woman on the left can’t wait to get a good pull off of the flask of vodka in her purse

20. Gigi says:

Maybe the 2 in the back aren’t ex-wives. Doesn’t anyone watch “Big Love” on HBO?

• DanSchmidt says:

That was my first thought. Seems odd that there is one man and three women in the pic. They don;t look like they are brothers and sisters.

21. woohoo! says:

Not ex-wives, dodo-birds! The 2 women in the rear are clearly older, and the one on the right has many features in common with the “mom” in the front row. The ‘star-gazer’ is obviously the dad’s mum.

22. slacker says:

They look Mormon. Probably Sister-Wives :)

23. Debra says:

duh…2 ex-wifes!

24. Harry says:

Lady (back left) …OMG .. is that a spider up there?

25. carol says:

Okay, I want everyone to say cheese, except lady in back in plaid sweater. You– look up. Yes, good. Keep looking up! oopsie, little boy forgot to say cheese.

26. Lisa Crone says:

This portrait makes no sense at all….the peeps in the back don’y belong in the pic at all.

27. Jude says:

Looks like the 3 in the back were absent on photo day–lady looking up must have come in on a different day, lady to right in back row came in on another day…as for the little boy in the back…I don’t think he wanted to be any part of the photo shoot. He hid in the studio the of the shoot and the photographer did a quickie shot of him to add later in Photoshop w/the other 2 ladies. It’s funny!

28. Shaunna says:

The photo looks like a candid one that was taken between real pictures. These are the best kind. You get the mean looks, smiles and random starings into space… classic.

29. Jim says:

Does this guy have three ex-wives….and a kid with each of them?

30. mrs5180 says:

doesn’t look photoshopped to me–just an untrained photographer, poor at posing people. I always tell people in the back to be close enough to be touching the person in front of them—for this reason.

31. Des says:

Ohmahgod this one is SOOOOOOOOOOOO good!!!!!!!

32. Hugh says:

Not awkward just a bad picture with some people not smiling. Honestly, two people in the back not smiling does not an awkward picture make. What’s next, out of focus pics or pics with peoples heads cut off?

33. Gina says:

And just what is the lady in the back looking at??? Why are there 3 moms?

34. Beki says:

I call photoshopped for maximum awkwardness, though who even THOUGHT to do this is certifiable. And if it’s real…. wow. What happened there?

35. Lori says:

The lady in the back left looks like she is about to pass out…

36. Me says:

I’m never one to actually comment or call Photoshop, but this looks like 5 photos merged into one.

• Mary says:

I’m with you, ‘Me’ (!) None of them look to have been in the same room when this was shot.

• Nectarine says:

I’d agree, except that the sweaters definately come from a time pre-photoshop. And judging by the colour coordinatedness, these people dressed to match for this picture! So I doubt it would have been done that many years later.

37. Lily says:

hahaha! None of them look ready for this pic!

38. LT says:

That’s just weird.

39. Barb says:

Looks ‘shopped to me….I think the 3 people in the back were added later and somebody didn’t do a terrific job of it…

40. Lisa says:

I love the look on the middle kid’s face! But why is the woman in the back left gazing upward? She’s the most awkward of the pic.

41. Kits says:

This looks like a badly done photo shop project.

• Susie says:

Agreed. Either that or the boy in the middle is 10 feet further back than the others. He’s so out of proportion to everyone else.

42. Katie C. says:

The kid in the middle does look a bit camera shy, but wtf is up with the lady on the left in the back? What is she looking at?

• ScoutC says:

I think she’s watching the MotherShip coming in for a landing. I know why the little guy in the middle looks so nervous—he’s the buffer between the two mothers-in-law, who are as far apart from each other as they could possibly be while still in the same photo.

43. chad says:

A terrible portrait! Look at the lady on the left! Looks like shes being forced at gunpoint. The wierd the weird gap in the middle is weird too! LOL.

44. Saint says:

I’m worried about the woman in the upper left…

45. Boo says:

The lady on the left looks possessed

46. lola says:

what is the lady looking at?

47. cyndi says:

was this the photographer’s 1st day on the job?

48. tim says:

Ohhhhh, my.

Where to start? This photo is a treasure trove!!! Only missing an arm shelf and a cross bow.

49. carlie says:

Why do the people behind them look so small? It looks photoshopped.

50. nisey says:

Now this is classic AFP. An actual studio portrait gone terribly wrong. Keepin’ it real.