Potty Mouth

August 31st, 2010

Potty Mouth - Behind The Awkwardness

This picture was taken at my wedding, which took place outdoors and yes we did have a port-a-potty for our guests. My uncle was the photographer and this was a sign of his “professionalism.”

(submitted by Katie)

135 Responses to “Potty Mouth”

1. Kim says:

See I did completely ignore the bathroom and read the caption and thought “oh she looks like she sitting on a potty taking a dump” lol then when I looked at her face I finally got it and noticed the portajohn lololol. Oh well it was funny either way for me.

2. Steve says:

…And that’s why God made PhotoShop.

3. Sarah says:

Yep and what about the subject and boat in the background. Have to ditch those. Maybe this was one of those candid shots and he took some amazing posed shots too.

4. Bo says:

“You may now kiss the John”

5. brian says:

Photoshop can edit that out. you’re beautiful in the picture.

6. Kim C says:

Obviously she has a sense of humor if she posted the picture here. It is a pretty funny picture. My favorite pictures from my wedding are the unintentional funny ones.

7. Diana says:

Sometimes the comments on this site are funnier than the actual photo. There’s some really uptight people on here.

8. Billy says:

Stunning, beautiful bride. And the uncle deserves all the ribbing he gets. There’s NO excuse for being utterly unconscious of the background of any picture, unless it’s a quick snap shot and you just are capturing the moment. For a shot like this that was likely posed, to have the ability to (correctly) go for a setting that blurs the background, but to not realize the background is crap (no pun intended) is pretty shabby. A skilled person with a photo manipulation program may be able to fix it, but unless they’re very good, it will always looked touched up. I’d cut the gorgeous bride out completely and put it on a completely different background. (And I didn’t get she was being bitchy in the least. As another commenter said, her uncle probably got a laugh from it too. He should.)

9. Kyle says:

Photoshop CS5 can take care of this really quickly with its Content Aware feature. Not much to fixing this mistake. By the way, Your uncle was probably focused on you because his niece is so beautiful that he wasn’t focusing on the background. This is a common mistake by many amateur photographers. Totally understandable when it is a family member emotionally involved in your big day.

10. joe says:

it’s certainly fixable. what a gorgeous bride you are! I didn’t even notice the portapotty at first.

11. Lysa says:

Funny how people can see the same picture and read the same text and come up with such different points of view! I see this girl and her marriage lasting a long time. She has a great sense of humor and so does her uncle for posting this oh so funny picture. I bet he took dozens of other terrific frameable pictures but this one they can all laugh about with the grand kids. Lighten up folks.

• Hope says:

Absolutely! People are making a lot of assumptions. When I got married I hired many family members to do different things. It so happens I have a large family that includes a caterer, a dress maker, a photographer, a florist…who else should you trust on the big day? People assuming that this is a bitchy woman complaining about her uncle’s amateur shots don’t know any of the details. I took the comment in fun because I had an uncle who is a professional photographer and took some pretty funny pictures at my wedding. They were some of my favorites. I shudder to think what he could have done with a porta-potty.

12. pixyoupixme says:

The scent of a porta potty eau de toilette

13. Realist says:

So your uncle took a dozen pictures at your wedding? More? And one side view of you (which seems to show you off nicely, based on the volume of commenters who think you look beautiful) has an out-of-focus port-a-potty in the backgtound? Big deal. I don’t know either you or him, but your snarky comment tells me more about you than the single picture does about him.

14. shane says:

Potty Mouth? Freshen it up

15. Jordan Smithers says:

Where can i hire your Uncle? I sell port-a-potty’s for a living and I love his work. He’s a genius.

16. brian says:

The best part is the tiki lamps leading the way into the portapotty!

17. corinne says:

He clearly knows what he was doing in terms of some advanced lighting (assuming his camera wasn’t all automatic — and the pro ones usually require a lot of know-how). I’m betting you chose him because he was free. Well, he probably didn’t want to spend the time photoshopping when he’s not being paid for doing his job. You should tell him thank you instead of publicly insulting him. My uncle shot my wedding, too. I was secretly disappointed in the product, but I was polite and realized that it was MY fault I didn’t hire a paid photographer.

• Pantalones says:

Take a chill pill, corinne! “publicly insulting”? Did you LOOK at the picture? It’s beautiful, but he was being a dork and put a TOILET in her WEDDING photo. jeez.

18. Claudia says:

It’s the digital age, sweetie. Nothing a little postwork can’t fix! Perhaps next time (because you really sound like the kind of control freak that won’t last more than 5 years) you should pony up the cash for a “real” professional. Put up or shut up.

• Carlos says:

Whoa…! Calm down, sister… A control freak would have never posted her funny wedding picture (face included) to a website like this…

19. Micky says:

You are Beautiful.

20. Tiago B. says:

you are beautiful! :]
    congrats, btw…

21. kacky says:

Maybe Unckie can learn photoshop? It is a great photo otherwise

22. John says:

You are beautiful.

23. Steve says:

Lovely picture if you ignore the background!

24. Punchy McGee says:

What a beautiful bride. I think it’s a wonderful picture. My uncle would have done the same thing. Family can be funny. Best picture ever.

25. Photob says:

Yeah cause its such a great shot without the pp
    Hire a pro

26. SmartAzz says:

photo shop OUT the bride….that is one good looking Port-a-Potty !!!

27. Photog says:

And this is why you hire a professional.

28. expert says:

You’re hot

29. Rikki says:

Find a friend with Adobe Photoshop CS5 and all it takes is a few seconds to use the Content Aware feature and porta-potty begone!

30. Angie says:

Katie S? You’re MARRIED?! Congrats, girl!! That is so weird, my friend just posted a link to this site, I’ve never seen it before. Suddenly I’m thinking… that looks like Katie, & my old home. SO weird.
    This is Angie K, Steve’s kid. (The pastor =] ) I don’t have facebook or anything so I had no idea, but I’m so happy for you!!

31. Mike says:

You may now kiss the……eeewwwww!

32. DS says:

A few minutes with the clone stamp would fix that right up.