Saturday Night Special: The Ring-Bearer

October 2nd, 2010

Saturday Night Special: The Ring-Bearer - The Kids

Jimmy assessed the situation and decided they could wait.

(submitted by Timothy)

48 Responses to “Saturday Night Special: The Ring-Bearer”

1. ann1397 says:

well i was at this wedding and the one asleep is the cutest kid ever and even though it was a photo taking by a photograher it was not planned that he fell asleep and yes he literally fell asleep but was awake for the wedding!!!

2. Bebe says:

This is my church, and I know this family :) Too awesome!

3. Bender says:

Timmy just couldn’t wait to get into the champagne.

4. zerokipper says:

there was a sleeping child?!? =D

5. Scripted says:

I think it’s adorable! But what’s with the color theme? Is it a black and white wedding or a blue/gold, black/white wedding? Just looks odd to me. The colors bring your eyes away from the sleeping child.

6. Craig says:

Totally staged. “Shh…OK, everyone get behind him, and on three, look down…”

7. Kwaad says:

You guys fail to miss the kids goal. When the brides maids step over him… … …

8. Legacy says:

The stork dropped off the baby too early.

9. Marcia says:

Of course it’s staged. There’s no minister in the picture. But who cares? I think it’s awkward when someone IN the wedding party falls asleep. And if they told him to lay there and pretend to sleep? Wow, even more awkward. Ha!

10. Elizabeth says:

“No, it’s not cute. Yep, it’s awkward.”

No, it’s cute, not awkward. In fact my first thoughts were, “This is too cute to be awkward!”

Adorable. Katie, what a sweet story. That is the best (and worst) age.

11. nae says:

yes, it’s staged. No, it’s not cute. Yep, it’s awkward.

12. Katie says:

Yes, it’s staged, but this isn’t “Awkward Candid Photos.” Most of the most awkward photos I’ve seen have been staged… awkwardly so. I don’t get the “it’s staged!” comments.

Having been the parent of a ring bearer about this age, telling them they can lay down on the pillow for a picture is probably really really easy. But if they did photos before the ceremony, then during the ceremony, he probably repeated the performance. The concept of “pillow? but not to go to sleep on?” is pretty weird to a little kid.

Mine tried to lay down on it the first time we gave it to him. So we told him it was for the rings to sleep on. Then he walked down the aisle during rehearsal singing softly to the rings “Good night, good night”

13. Bucksnut says:

Why is everyone so convinced that this was staged? I can see this really happening during the picture session. Definitely something a kid would do.

• Yeah says:

Exactly. So what if someone said, “Hey, get a shot of that”? That doesn’t mean there was no spontaneity. I mean, it IS a wedding photo. These things ARE staged.

14. JerseyPam says:

Must have been a looooooooong ceremony.
    Staged or not, it’s a priceless photo. He’s very young, so it would be hard to pose (or is it repose in this case?) him for the shot. I’m thinking he fell asleep in someone’s arms and then someone came up with this great idea.

15. H says:

And then they were upon him….

16. Disappointed Joe says:

When did this come housewives commenting on cute photos.. I’m sure it’s called “awkward” and the photos used to be well.. awkward. What’s next a photo of some kittens wearing hats??

• JerseyPam says:

Obviously you’ve moved on way above the norm in your level of sophistication. This website no longer satisfies your pursuit of cerebral, intelligent, yet still awkward humor. I wish I could offer assistance to get you out of this horrible situation, but I’m just a housewife who also makes money through employment.

• cricket says:

LOL…Ever hear of a househusband, JOE? Do you smile in your pictures with that negative attitude? We like a little laugh. Rather than feeling superior to these pics (like we do with the People of Walmart), we all think that we have a few pictures we could submit….I do!

• Spritely says:

It’s too bad your usage and punctuation does not achieve the sophistication of your sense of humor, Joe.

• Harry says:

Joe … I agree with you 100 per cent. The above picture is cute. It was apparently staged and is NOT awkward.

Jersey and Spritely … there is no need to attack other posters when you disagree with their opinion.

• Busy says:

How dare you call us all housewives? We are doing this FROM WORK.

17. Spritely says:

Those photography sessions get awfully long! I’m sure it was staged, but so cute and a photo everybody will enjoy.

I was at a wedding once where one of the groomsmen (teenaged) fainted in the middle of the ceremony. Jeez, some people always have to be the center of attention! I’d have called do-over if I’d been the bride.

18. Shelba says:

It does look staged. Still funny, though. I just I wish I had a photo of my flower girl who was so nervous, she ran out so she could throw up. Now that’s awkward.

19. Chris says:

It’s obvious they staged this. The little guy probably fell asleep and to help tell the story of why he’s not in the rest of the photos they staged this one. Will be a family story that will follow him always. It’s cute, not awkward.

20. Bigbluefan says:

Watch out a second one is about to fall

21. Uncuw Biww says:

it’s actually kind of cute….reminds me of when I was flower girl at age 6. I didn’t sleep though…i was so excited to be up late! lol

22. Cee says:

I love this shot! I love that the little guy is right in the centre, and that everyone is staring. Perhaps it was set up this way, but who cares. Its one of the cutest wedding photos I’ve ever seen.

23. Jen says:

That is ADORABLE!!! Too cute!

24. CTBRK says:

Sorry to be cynical, but doesn’t this look staged?

25. mamasmilkman says:

This is staged for photo, peeps. Is very cute though.

• Michael says:

OMG, i didn’t realize that!

• Wait a Minute says:

All wedding photos are staged. But if you look closely at the faces of the people in the photo, some of them are obviously just tired and distracted. If this was really “staged,” wouldn’t they all be in on the joke? My guess is ring bearer did something cute, and someone said Hey, take a picture of that!

26. HeatherW says:

“Going to the chapel, and we’re ……zzzzz…….zzzz……zzzz….”

27. Cathy says:

Best comment ever, CarrieM!

28. CarrieM says:

Well they gave me this little pillow. What else was I supposed to do with it?

29. June Bug says:

Isn’t that what we ALL wish we could do during a wedding?