Mirror Mirror

November 18th, 2010

Mirror Mirror - Mom

Who’s the most pregnant of them all?

(submitted by Madge)

160 Responses to “Mirror Mirror”

1. leonie says:

I love this photo! :) Absolutely beautiful. I am a mother myself and I’m touched by this photo. It’s not awkward at all. Stop hating. And to the person who uploaded this photo on this website, you probably have nothing better to do. Maybe you thought that by posting this photo people will bully the woman in this photo, but sorry to tell you that this photo has a lot of positive comments.

2. Raven says:

How is this awkward? It’s a mom looking forward to holding her baby. It’s beautiful.

3. Sarah says:

I love the concept of this picture. Half of the picture is of the pregnant woman imagining what her child will look like, and in the mirror her ‘reflection’ is holding her beautiful baby in her arms! Too beautiful, and not awkward at all!

4. Joey says:

I think that this is a gorgeous photo. In fact I think the thought behind it and the way it was taken is breathtaking. Awkward? I think not.

5. Ronsha71 says:

I have a photo similar to this one of my daughter when she was pregnant. It’s a beautiful picture and I adore it. I don’t find this an awkward photo, it’s beautiful.

6. hesmine says:

I don’t have children yet but this photo make you think of all the precious moments you will share with your child soo umm ya NOT AWKWARD in fact VERY BEAUTIFUL!!!!

7. casey says:

this pic is of my sister and this is her REAL baby! she didnt steal it or have a miscarriage!! someone stole this pic and put it on this website which is terrible!! this is a beatiful picture and not at all awkward!!!!! get a life people!

• Toni says:

Casey, it seems that most people who have left comments LOVE this photo. It’s totally awesome! I have seen many photos on this site that are awesome or adorable or artistic. Unfortunately, I think I’ve probably seen many that were put up without permission. It is very sad that it went up without your sister’s knowledge or consent, though.

• lol says:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

8. amy says:

Ummmmmmm I am the lady in the photo and wondering HOW THE HELL it got on this website and who the hell is Madge????? For one these are maternity pics. I was very pregnent when taken the first one and after I had my baby I went back, same gown and she took a picture of me with my baby and photoshoped it into the mirror. So yes, its a real baby, a real pregnent girl and not awkward at all….seriously what the hell?

• Mindy says:

I love your picture. This was a great idea. I agree I don’t know how why it’s on this page.

• Amber says:

No worries, 99% of the commenters love the pic, I think it’s nice too :)

• Lydia says:

I LOVE this picture. It is BEAUTIFUL!! I love the concept and it is NOT at all awkward! I am so sorry that someone stole it and posted it on here without permission, but am kinda happy in the same respect as I was able to see it! Its beautiful!

• Lynn says:

Any, I am so sorry to hear someone took your personal photo without your permission. That is horrible and you must feel violated. However, since it is here, I want to tell you that it is a very beautiful picture and concept.

• crams says:

Amy, I’m a baby photographer, and seriously, this is a beautiful photo. So poignant, it tugged at my heart a little bit. I’m sorry that someone posted your photo without your permission, but grateful that I had the chance to come across it. peace.

• Toni says:

Amy, that really sucks that someone took your picture and put it on here without your permission. It really doesn’t belong on this site because it’s an AWESOME photo. Still, I’m glad I got to see it: It’s the best pregnancy photo I have ever seen.

• Julianne says:

It’s a beautiful picture!! Take another one in ten years :-)

• Lesslie says:

You and you’r babe are wonderful….and Beautiful , this might be a weird and strange place to see you’r photo , but I’m rather honored to view it…

9. Stephanie says:

How crazy I just ran across this website and this photo is of my BEST FRIEND. She did not post this pic and I have no idea who this Madge person is who did post it. I think this photo is beautiful and yes that is her baby. The photo of her and the baby added into the mirror using photoshop during his newborn session. Not at all creepy.

10. Toni says:

This is a beautiful photo! Not weird nor awkward at all.

11. blahblahbrandiii says:

I think this picture is incredibly beautiful. I am pregnant while looking at this, and i’m usually in disgust by all pregnancy photographs.
    Gorgeous.

12. Lora Vivian says:

That’s superb photo!!!

13. Brigitte says:

exactly!

14. Susanna says:

15. Lee says:

I like it too! I was like lots of you all… I had to check the comments to make sure I wasn’t losing it by thinking this was a beautiful picture. I did laugh at the “worried the baby was a vampire” comment, though, but I still love the pic.

16. jlee says:

this photo is awesome! but the caption made me lol.

17. LavaLight says:

I love this picture! Beautiful idea and very well orchestrated. Seriously, I think this is one of my favorite pregnancy photos of all time.

18. Silver Sweet says:

What’s this doing here? It’s not awkward at all, it’s actually very beautiful and, surprisingly, in good taste.

19. Melissa says:

uh this picture is beautiful, nothing awkward about it, I am 24 weeks prego with my first and it shows the changes a woman goes through, one day you are looking at a mirror with your belly showing and the next you are holding your precious lil one, also shows how fast pregnancy goes by…….. nothing awkward about that, I think it is just awkward to men because they don’t get to experience this, so it just makes them uncomfortable

20. Nick says:

I was looking at this pic and thinking ‘Awww, how sweet!’. But it’s AFP and I figured something must be amiss. After browsing through the comments of people with the same initial sentiments as mine, I just figured out what may be the AWKWARD factor…

The woman looking into the mirror may not actually be pregnant. At least, no longer pregnant anyway. Think about it… same dress, same hairstyle, and her belly isn’t exposed. That could just be a cushion under her dress, for all we know!

If it is genuine, it’s a lovely sentimental image… if it’s fake, where both images have been taken the same day and faked to look like the image on the right was taken earlier when she was still pregnant, then it’s very tacky ie. ‘awkward’. :)

• DJ says:

Maybe she’s really pregnant and it’s a fake baby.

• Amy says:

this is me, i dont know how the picture got on here i guess someone stole it from my FB page. i really was pregnant, when i went back for newborn pics she took another pic of me holding my baby in same gown, i fixed my hair the same on purpose b/c the picture was planned out. photoshop was used to photoshop me into the mirror…its actually very popular for the photographer who took this pic. she does these alot

• Kathleen says:

This photo is gorgeous! Whoever stole it has no idea what an awkward photo is! Amy – I wish I had done one like this when I was pregnant with my children.

21. Amanda says:

i dont really see whats so awkward bout this pic but its really cute!

22. Lulu says:

for some reason this lady reminds me of the lady in Scary Movie….the one brushing her hair in the “ring” video…..not sure why lol

I do think it’s a neat pic though!

23. Cici says:

This is a lovely picture. It reminds me of the Mirror of Erised :)
    As someone mentioned before, it’s what a pregnant woman would see in the mirror- herself as a loving mother! Beautifully done. And I suppose some kinds of pictures become popular because they are good ideas.

24. jynxx says:

lovely! I wish i had done this with my son. Maybe the next, trendy or not. :)

25. Christina says:

Maybe its because I’m not a mom yet, but I think its kind of akward. Actually it makes me think of pictures that people think are cool looking NOW but in 20 years will be really werid. Like back in the 80s when they had pictures with a main shot of a kid and then another shot of thier head floating.

26. Samantha says:

Love this picture! It is truly beautiful.

27. mrgezau says:

This is actually a great photo.

28. Katie says:

This is beautiful, and something I would be proud to cherish.

29. Joshua says:

Absolutely great photo. Creativity: 10/10. Awkwardness: 0/10

30. Cathy says:

Frankly, when I was pregnant….especially the second time…..just carrying a camera into the same room as me was a crime punishable by death…..but that was just me I guess!

31. Carla says:

Beautiful. Very tender and special. Well done.

32. Jackie says:

I agree that these pictures can be nice…but it’s not all that creative or original, anymore. At least in the area where I live, you would be hard pressed to find a photographer who DOESN’T offer this image. It’s very, very trendy. For me, that’s where the “awkward” reaction comes from. I look at a picture like this and go, “Ugh, not again.”

• Liz says:

I agree! Someone I know actually just posted a very similar photograph to this one and everyone was commending them on how creative and unique it was…then the family actually credited the grandma for “coming up with the idea”…and I was like “Are you serious? That is SOOO over-done!” Yay for plagiarism! I don’t mind so much if things are trendy, but trying to take credit for something that has been done a million times before is just despicable in my book!

33. Bonnie says:

Lol, I am also glad to find that people like this picture. My husband and I were discussing today whether we would do a pregnancy shoot and he thought the whole idea ridiculous. I liked this picture enough to call him into the room and his response “Well, it’s a lil gothic creepy but the idea is rather nice.”

So, thank you picture for getting my husband to finally understand that not all pregnancy pictures are dumb! I’m only 16 weeks now but hopefully soon I’ll get my own awkward family picture :D

34. Kitten K. Boodle says:

Imagine how hurt Madge’s feelings are going to be when she reads that nobody thought her awkward photo was awkward.

35. IanK says:

“… and here is one I prepared earlier.”

36. pittipat says:

Am I the only one who is wondering where they GOT the baby in the photo?

• Lisa says:

I assume that’s their baby, and they put together before and after pics…no? I like it.

• Beth says:

I imagine someone else has answered by now, but just in case… I think they took one picture of her pregnant, then had her come back in after the baby was born for the ‘reflection’ part of the picture, then snapped their fingers, and voila! picture magic.

• David says:

This still bothers me. I think you HAVE to be concerned about any photo that begs the question, “Hmmmmmm where’d she get that baby from?”

• Kate says:

Why is everyone confused about where the baby came from? She was pregnant, then she had the baby, photoshop magic, voila.

• Janet says:

It’s likely the answers given, (that she took before & after photos & had them photoshopped), are correct. What boggles MY mind is that everyone is asking “where did she get the baby from?”, like she couldn’t borrow a baby from a family member or friend to take a picture. It makes more sense that she would want her own baby in the picture, therefor I think she took before & after pics.

37. Anna says:

I actually like this picture…

38. Cathy says:

All I can think of is Paranormal Activity 2 where the baby is not in the crib but you can see him in the crib in the mirror. Creeeeepy!

39. Snowrider says:

Thank you! Finally a pregnant photo that doesn’t make me want to give my eyes an enema. Nice photo….

40. wranglerjoan says:

Phew! I just had to check the comments on this one, because I kinda liked it. I was afraid that AFP was getting to me and I was starting to lose my perspective. I feel better now that there are others who feel the same.

41. senora_jennifer says:

This was executed much better than the other couple looking into the mirror — can’t seem to find that one.

42. Barry says:

This is one of the best pregnancy photos I’ve ever seen. Not awkward at all. I love it!

43. Scott says:

Photoshopped.

44. ccm989 says:

Isn’t this how every pregnant woman sees herself — not as a uncomfortable beach ball but as a loving mum, holding her child tenderly. Corny, but wonderful at the same time!

45. Amy says:

I wish I had this picture with my little ones! I think this is beautiful and so sweet!

46. Bill says:

This is an absolutely beautiful photo! Very well done!

47. Katrina says:

I like it. A lot. Only a lil creepy. But awesome in my book lol

48. LME says:

Great idea but I can still see that glimmer of awkwardness

49. irishmary24 says:

This is a very clever photograph! The photographer is an artist, for sure! Very beautiful!

50. meri says: