Don’t Go Chasing Waterfalls

December 31st, 2010

Don’t Go Chasing Waterfalls - Wedding

To a new year full of possibility and rising sea levels.

(submitted by Grant)

106 Responses to “Don’t Go Chasing Waterfalls”

1. Janine says:

Classy. What is sad is the photographer was able to sell this idea as wedding-album worthy.

2. Bruce says:

The bridesmaids stood there, wondering what is going to happen now. The skipper had just promised them that it would simply be a three hour tour..a three hour tour!

3. KyleHD says:

I’ll take the two on the left. Reowr!

4. vjhr says:

I cannot imagine how uncomfortable those girls felt as they stood in front of that photgrapher and pulled their dresses up higher and higher. What a pervert.

5. Steve says:

This picture has all the makings of what might have been a solid potential side-plot on “Lost.” The remains of the wedding party that was on the plane are in the ocean, looking for a rescue ship. Sawyer walks up, smiles, and says, “How YOU doin’, ladies?”

6. Ken says:

…and they all wept as they watched the last boat leave without them.

7. Steve says:

This doesn’t show any creativity on the photographer’s part, because the 5 bridesmaids are facing 3 directions. The first 3 obviously got the memo, the 4th one is turned to their right, and the last one is turned far to their left.

And having them looking away from the camera takes away the whole point of photographing your bridesmaids for posterity. And yes, it would have looked a little better if they were either A, in ankle deep water, or B, were allowing their dresses to get wet. This is just awkward.

I think the photographer was just hoping one of them would fall in and get soaking wet and possibly see-through.

8. Miss Sincere says:

How is it that nobody has commented on the amazing title for this picture?

• Marie-Claude says:

…..please stick to the rivers
      and the lakes that you’re used to
      I know that you’re gonna have it
      your way or nothing at all
      but I think your moving too fast…

I remember that video very well! Doesn’t it look like they have boots on their legs? It’s just the weird reflection of the water but it makes them all look like Dixie Chicks.

9. JimD says:

Actually, I think this is pretty hot. Then again, I am a guy, so most pictures would probably fit that category.

10. Mrs Alda says:

This calls for a Julia Sugarbaker quote:
    “I’m saying I want you and your equipment out of here now. If you are looking for somebody to suck pearls, then I suggest you try finding yourself an oyster. Because I am not a woman who does that, as a matter of fact, I don’t know any woman who does that, because it’s stupid. And it doesn’t have any more to do with decorating than having cleavage and looking sexy has to do with working in a bank. These are not pictures about the women of Atlanta. These are about just the same thing they’re always about. And it doesn’t matter whether the clothes are on or off… it’s just the same ol’ message. And I don’t care how many pictures you’ve taken of movie stars – when you start snapping photos of serious, successful businessmen like Donald Trump and Lee Iacocca in unzipped jumpsuits with wet lips, straddling chairs, then we’ll talk.”

11. rick says:

I wonder if they voted the Bride off the island after making them pose for this picture.

12. blueridgerunner says:

Nice legs, lame picture

13. Kitten K. Boodle says:

Left on the shore of singletude, looking on wistfully as their friend sails off in the ship of matrimony. ;-)

14. Tootie says:

Looks like they all just spotted the lobster family swimming back out to sea after taking the Christmas card picture.

15. PaulaNancy says:

I wonder how much those poor bride’s maids paid for the dress, hair, make-up, travel, hotel, bridal shower and gifts, and in return were posed like this. And, no, you will never wear that dress again.

16. KJ says:

Bridesmaid #1: “Oh no!! The bride and groom are getting washed away, come girls come!”
    Bridesmaid #2: “Oh! The water is cold and I can’t swim!”
    Bridesmaid #3: “I will ruin my satin diaper!”

Photographer: “Cut! No! I need more emotion… you’re bridesmaids, try to look more hopelessly romantic… and show some more skin!”

17. d.Lee is me! says:

It’s no wonder that there isn’t a smile on any of their faces…

18. iLOLd says:

Those old-fashioned synchronized swimming outfits sure look weird.

19. Brenda says:

There go the $100 shoes. . .

20. Yo Mama says:

If it’s yellow let it mellow……

21. HOK says:

It’s got to be the worst intentional wedding-related photo I’ve come across in a while. On the positive side: beautiful background scenery.

22. Petros says:

While everyone though the island was sinking, it was really because Gilligan kept moving his markers farther out into the water to catch fish.

23. Alan says:

The photographer wanted them to wave. He called to them “WAVE”…..they all looked to the horizon & called “WHERE?”

24. Lee says:

Well they do say no MAN is an island.

25. PD says:

Photographer! You should have just let those ladies splash around and get their dresses wet. Much more fun. We all know they’re never going to use those dresses again, anyway.

26. Dennis says:

Swan Lake? If only the groomsmen had been asked (forced) to join in the “fun”…it could also be Spawn Lake. :)

27. Shannan says:

I am not even going to guess what that photographer was thinking???

28. Stacey says:

When I first looked at this I saw diapers and waders — why would you want this pic??!!??

29. Steve says:

A numbers of things come to mind for this photo. Awkward is not one of them.

30. JillQ says:

What photographer in their right mind thought this would make a great photo????

31. ginger85 says:

It’s like they’re looking on helplessly as the bride gets washed away.

32. Lori says:

That bride must have really hated those girls.

33. Carlos says:

This is a good picture. Not awkward.

• Heidi says:

You’re awkward.

• Dibbles says:

You are joking right?

• SmileAndFollow says:

You must be the photographer. That picture is not good in any way and awkward in many ways.

• Carlos says:

No, I’m not the phtographer. This is a unique setting and pose for bridesmaids. It shows creativity.

• Maureen says:

But it lacks professionalism. It could have been a lovely photo but the photographer can’t discern between tasteful and just plain ridiculous when he though higher was better.

• just me says:

Wedding photography is not fine art. It’s professional photography. You pose them in flattering, tried and true positions and you save your creativity for your personal work. That’s what’s so awkward about this type of thing, the photographer’s ego is in the way of the shot…..

• BJ says:

Creativity would’ve had them standing in about 3″ of water, tops, pulling up their dresses slightly off the ankle and joking about being in the water.

Instead, this looks like there was a huge commotion at the next wedding party around the river bend, and the only way to see it was to wade way out into the water.

This was creative only in how awkward the picture ultimately was…

• PSK says:

Come on! Unique? creative?
          How about the fact you don’t even see their faces?!?
          Nice concept,poor execution.

• Sam says:

Admit it, you are the photogapher. This defintely is one of the MOST awkward ever !!!
      Bridemaids look as if they are weraing diapers and the hiked up dresses are very creepy.

What are they looking at ? bride and groom sinking ?

34. Kit says:

Uh. Okay. Sure.

35. izzie says:

I’m sure there must be some explanation……….did the bride and groom swim away????

36. katie says:

The yellow dresses make me think of them as ducks in a row

37. BBR says:

This looks like it was from a wedding. I bet the photographer thought it was a great conceptual idea. Little did s/he know it would wind up looking like they all have on overly-large satin diapers.

38. LaceyNoel says:

Cool picture idea… should have let the dresses down a bit though… having them that high does make it kind of awkward…

39. Your mom says:

A little higher please.

40. Joe says:

Awkward… but kinda hot :D

41. Lisa says:

That is so bizarre. A thousand curses on the bride who made them post this way!

42. justina says:

aww.. poor little marooned bridesmaids,

43. Shar says:

I’ve seen alot of odd wedding pictures lately. They’re trying to be all artsy and interesting. Alot just fail. This is one of them. But they do have nice legs.

44. jenn says:

the girl on the far left looks like she is wearing a diaper! lol

45. adrienne says:

Maybe it’s the presence of too many young children in my life, but those light colored dress bunch up much like overfilled diapers.

Whoever thought of this unflattering shot (and let the subjects hike their skirts higher than is flattering) developed a whole new level of torture for bridesmaids.

46. Des says:

See this is why I never ever want to be a bridesmaid. It’s like indentured servitude.

47. Kathy says:

I hope they smacked the bride for making them do this!

48. Janet says:

I know several professional wedding photographers… always trying to find the newest, thoughtful, sentimental pose….. this one is not it …..keep trying.

49. Melinda says:

Perfect example of taking a good idea too far. Would have been much better if the photographer had them at the shore, ankle deep, dresses held up just a little bit. Bigger, or in this case, deeper, isn’t always better!

50. Tim S says:

Meet at the altar? I thought you said water!