The Centaurs

March 4th, 2011

The Centaurs - *AFP Hall Of Fame*

You don’t have to be all man to be all man.

(submitted by Jonathon)

154 Responses to “The Centaurs”

1. Cheryl says:

So…what’s the deal with the rabbit stuck to the front of the girl? Is it attacking her? Wait…is that her purse?!?!?!?

2. thashane says:

so what happens when he has to go to the bathroom?

3. Stacey says:

Ha! I took one look at the background and knew this had to be the Texas Renaissance Festival. This isn’t even the worst costume!

4. Molly A says:

Yea yea!!! He works at the Renaissance Fair in Magnolia, Texas! I’ve seen him tons of times. Everybody’s got a picture with him (who’s been to that fair, which by the way, is the best in the country), so it’s not an awkward anything! So what I’m trying to say is, everyone should definitely go to that Renaissance Festival!!!

5. Fire/Wildfire says:

What’s more awkward than browsing the hall of fame and realizing you know him personally!?!? LOL.. my centaur made the HOF!

6. victorzulu says:

Are those stripper dollar bills on his arm?

7. Roman Sandstorm says:

Um… These Renaissance fair-thingies… I’m guessing ‘Renaissance’ must be interpreted as a fairly liberal and flexible time period? I mean, centaurs come from ancient Greek mythology, and that’s a good 1500 years or more before the Renaissance.

Do these fairs have like dinosaurs and astronauts as well perhaps?

8. Holly says:

I SAW THIS GUY!!! Last year when we went! I have a picture somewhere too!!! CRAZY!

9. Hannah says:

OH MY GOD!
    I met this guy!

*sighs* ahhh my first book signing!
    It was a hundred and two, The Austin Texas sun beat down on us.
    And even in my red hot pants (well, as hot as you can get with a fourteen year old)
    I still didn’t sweat as much as that guy.
    I felt kinda bad for him.

he was nice though…. :D

10. Michele says:

I have pics taken with the guy at the Texas Renaissance Festival in Plantersville, Texas. ;) We always have a blast!

11. katheryn says:

Jeez…if you all have the same pic with him, question I have is how many children DID he father…HA

12. Juggo says:

Dolla…Dolla bill ya’ll!

13. Niki says:

I know him. lol. I’ve worked at the Texas Ren Fest. Really awesome place if you take it for what it is. Not cool if you really believe you are a fairy or a centaur or a barbarian.

14. Erin says:

Oh I love that guy. He is at the Texas Ren Fest every year. My son is always freaked out when we try to get him to take a picture with him. It looks really strange out of context, but when you are at the faire, he is pretty cool ;-)

15. Ms_voyeur says:

Its the really rubbish paper mâché back half that creases me up

16. Mary says:

Funniest thing I’ve seen in a long time. Just Ahahahahahaha!

17. Jessica says:

good God that looks like the Bay Area Renfest…I was just there last weekend….I’m sad this magnificent specimen wasn’t there to see first-hand.

18. Guillermo says:

“Man, your Dad is such and ass!”

19. Yvonne says:

Why is he having money attached to his arm? Is he a dancing centaurs? Now that is a very funny thought!

20. Captain says:

Larry has thousands if not more pics floating around and yes this is Sherwood Ren Fair on 290 by the town of Dade in TX.. Just be glad this is not one where he shows he is a MALE centar… Yes his outfit has one and it can drop into view if he wants it too… Gotta love Larry. Next we all hope to put a baby keg inside him with a pump under the tail and guess were the tap will be… “why does this beer taste like warm horse piss?”

21. Shannon says:

AAAAAHHH!! I have a photo of myself and my sister with this very same centaur! Ours is more awkward and I’ll tell you why– being good Ren Fair attendees, we are in full costume, and our boobs are hanging out of our “period” costumes (got mine at Hot Topic) at exact same eye level as this dude’s gut. So imagine: boobs, gut, boobs. An unflattering visual metaphor. I’ll have to scan it and send it in.

22. david says:

this photo is from the Texas Sherwood forest ren fair. i’ve seen the guy there several times. as for the costume..its only one guy. the horse part is a frame. and as for the dollar bills he has, people dress up and go to this fair and interact with people in character to add “atmosphere”. they are given tips as an appreciation.

23. Nicky says:

So, when she hits puberty, she can expect to develop a nice hind end that all the girls will envy. And a ponytail to die for!

24. maddie says:

Hahaha! This guy is a the Renaissance festival in Texas EVERY year. hahaha he’s finally made it on one of these sites. haha

25. Zooky says:

With all the centaur weirdness, I think the girl’s expression is priceless. As if she’s thinking: “I can’t BELIEVE my mom wants me to be in this picture!”

26. Greg McP says:

I’d hate to be the guy who has to spend all day in the back of that costume.

27. Jordan says:

I totally remember seeing this guy at the Texas Ren Fair!

28. diane says:

the girl is probably saying “hey damsel lady, can u cover up your bosom more next time?” i was going to take a picture to school for show an tell… lol

29. Suki says:

I don’t want my bf to get any ideas…

30. Patricia says:

Doesn’t this belong on Awkward Family Pet Photos?

31. Jimbo says:

“Dang it, Earl….the rest of us went all out…..and here you show up with just a half-ass costume!!!”

32. Binkymae says:

Poor guy in the back!

33. DS says:

I don’t want to see where the lemonade comes from.

34. Chuck Martel says:

I have that exact same outfit! What are the odds . . . ?

35. JerseyPam says:

I wonder if anyone has ever tried to tip him over. Oh, wait…that’s cows. I got him confused with the Minotaur.

36. Anne K says:

I have a picture of my kids with this guy. We took it at Sherwood Faire – a Rennasicance Festival in Texas. And yes, we tipped him a few bucks for the pic.

37. AndrewT says:

Daughter does NOT want to be there …

38. gnate says:

are those dollar bills on his arm choker?

39. Petros says:

The Old Spice auditions didn’t work out, but Larry found work as a medieval banker…

40. elixir says:

So, no one thinks the centaur has money under his armband? What, is he workin’ the pole over at the Cask and Flagon?

41. serg says:

That costume is quite impressive. The little girl’s looks cute, but the mom’s is a Bust!

42. Pipergirl says:

“Now Stacey, I told the class to paint a picture of your family. Instead you painted a picture of what looks like a centaur and Boudiccea.”
    “But Miss…”
    “I thought our chat after your essay on ‘What I did in the school holidays’ put a stop to this. And then there was the incident with Slippers, the class rabbit…”

• pattyh says:

I am picturing this conversation out loud in the voice of the Mathleate girl in Freaks and Geeks and it is making me LOL for reals. My hubs wanted to know what was so funny.

• Carousel says:

Ok. I have to say that this comment is gold. I’ve worked at TRF and have met this guy, but I also went to elementary school with the mathleate from Freaks and Geeks (Sarah Hagan).

Awkwardly close to home….

• Ginger-ly says:

I just tried to stifle my laughter at this comment which resulted in something that sounded like a wheezing, 90 year-old, smoking witch, squeaky toy. My co-worker just turned from her deck to make sure I was alright.

43. Pipergirl says:

Foot and Mouth Prevention: Think of your family.

44. Lisa says:

This was posted on Tosh.0′s wesite. The picture is cropped now to look like a family photo. Whoever sent it in to AFP… FAIL.

• vicky says:

the naked tarzan woman was also on tosh.0 she was dnacing naked in the rain

• Annie says:

Actually, it is a family. The woman is Dianne from Eliot in the Morning (DC rock station morning show) and that is her husband and daughter at the MD Rennfest. It was posted on their Facebook page about a week ago.

45. justme says:

Aaaah the Ren festival……a virtual cornucopia of awkward!