Love Triangle

September 21st, 2011

Love Triangle - Behind The Awkwardness

“This is a photo with me, my husband, daughter and all my in-laws. In the very center of the picture, my mother in law is pressed up against her husband and ex-husband on each side. AWKWARD!”

(submitted by Jennifer)

39 Responses to “Love Triangle”

1. carsch says:

They all seem pretty happy about it.

2. Evalove says:

Does this site do annual awards? Because this definitely earns an Awkward Family Photo award!

3. Miss Obnoxious says:

Okay, VERY awkward! LOL

4. Emily says:

Okay, clarifying everything. The lady that posted this is the woman with the brown hair on the right, that’s her husband behind her, and her daughter in front of her. To her left is her mom, and to the left of her mom I’m guessing is the current husband just based on his body language. It took me like 10 minutes to get this. xD

5. Dr. Mister says:

Take a good look at me now,
    ‘cos I’ll still be standing here
    And you coming BACK TO ME is against all odds
    That’s the chance I’ve got to take, oh, oho

Just take a look at me now…

6. Autumn says:

I’m going to guess the big guy with the handlebar ‘stache is new hubby. Her sibs on the left and his sibs on the right, with step-dad jammed awkwardly in the middle!

7. glo says:

I think they are talking about the lady in the dark pink in the back row. She is sandwiched between the 2 men.

8. Melba says:

I think there’s matching shirts involved here?

9. Dede says:

I’m confused? Is the ex-husband and current husband brothers? Why would they be in a family photo together…that’s the only explanation! Lol

10. Jamie says:

What makes this truly awkward is that it is impossible to guess which one is her *current* husband…

11. Kris says:

That could totally be my MIL.

12. Snowrider says:

OK…..labels would really help me out here. I’m kind of dull.

13. Annie Mouse says:

I’m guessing maybe this is an extended family photo. That both sets of grandparents (one set being a trio) are in it and that the young adults are the siblings of Jennifer and her husband (who I think are pink stripes in the back row and the guy behind her.) I’m not sure which young adults go with which parents, though. My children love the photo we have of them with both grandpas and two of their uncles (one from each side) because two of them made the 90 minute drive up a couple Christmases ago to the other’s house to watch my children open presents and just to be sociable. Things like this make for happy memories and a really funny conversation piece.

14. Cinnamin says:

I am going to guess that the MIL’s new husband is the youngish guy behind her.

15. Wasabipeas says:

16. CarrieM says:

I’m all confused on who’s who here, but that is one adorable baby. And grandpappy down front with the comb-over looks so proud and cute.

17. latomn says:

I don’t have a clue who “belongs” to who, but everyone looks like they have a sincere smile on their faces and that, my friends is a FAMILY!

• MomofBoys says:

I agree latomn! Yes, this is a little unusual, a bit awkward even, but how wonderful that this family is still speaking, and there for each other. In a time when no one values family anymore, this pic is a blessing!

18. JerseyPam says:

I had the same expression on my face as the cute little baby when I saw this one. Hilarious!

19. LCN says:

The original Bruce-Demi-Ashton example?

20. Jen says:

I don’t think the fact that the ex is in there is necessarily awkward. Sometimes people split amicably, and they still participate in family functions. Kudos to them for getting along well enough to be in this picture together.

I think what is awkward about this photo is how CLOSELY both men are standing to the wife/ex-wife.

• momof2 says:

I’m pretty sure that is what she was getting at with her description…..

• Sara says:

my husbands mom was married to his step dad for 15 years and then divorced when he was an adult. She is now remarried. The stepdad he grew up with still comes to all our family functions along with new step dad and my husbands REAL dad who lives in another state. It’s not that uncommon for split families to still get along and we love having old step dad there since he was such a huge part of my husbands childhood.

21. Wanda says:

I don’t think that is awkward at all. Now days too many people who get divorced can not stay civil to one another. It is great for the kids when everyone gets along. My Father & Step-Mother lived with my Mother and Step-Father for 2 1/2 years after all of us kids were grown with our own families. It made it very nice for Christmas and other holidays. :)

22. Katie says:

Why is the EX husband even in the picture at all?

23. YarnYoda says:

Why would you be in a picture with both your current and ex-husband?

24. Ice Cream says:

Ha ha ha, at first I thought it was the Pepto color scheme that made this awkward (and it does), but then I notice the lucky lady in the center of a manwhich in the back row. LOL.

25. norm says:

Wait, who’s who in this pic again….?

26. stef says:

27. Val-eerie says:

How can her mom-in-law be younger than her husband??

• Adrian says:

The ones with the baby are the in-laws, above are her parents. She’s somewhere…

*I think lol

• Jennifer says:

I’m assuming the writer is the woman on the right in the back row. Maybe the older couple in the front are the husband’s grandparents? Her daughter could be the baby and then that would make the other children all her sisters and brothers in law (rather than nieces and nephews).

28. Shelly says:

Which one is even the current husband? Lol

29. Nick says:

Jennifer, dude…HELLA awkward. And yet, mom seems A-Ok with being the Fig in that particular Newton….

30. glasstabletop says:

The brown & pink stripes just slay me.