Heartbreaker

October 2nd, 2011

Heartbreaker - Wedding

Someone didn’t get the memo.

(submitted by Deneen)

53 Responses to “Heartbreaker”

1. Michael Johnathon says:

Wow. This is an odd photo.

• PJ says:

I got my photographer to do one like this (it was big in the 70′s), but it was a closeup and they bluee out the edge of the flowers in the photo. This is just weird…

2. ryan says:

If you have to think too much it isnt funny

3. glammyous says:

the girl on the left forgot to hold the bouquet up so that the flowers would encircle the bride’s head in a heart shaped cocaphany of bridal flower loveliness. For gawd’s sake, people….get with the program!

4. Lori says:

My husband and I owned a wedding photography business for 10 years. I think what the photographer was trying to do was a shot that was supposed to be a close up of the bride’s face surrounded by flowers. It was a popular pose in the 80′s, but doing it this way sure doesn’t work! :)

5. pammi jo says:

I had a similar pose @ my wedding. It was supposed to be a close-up of the bride’s face without the bridesmaids showing. You know, a face in a sea of flowers. You pay all that money for flowers – you want to show them off!

I think the photographer didn’t get the memo!

6. ShaNaeNae says:

It looks like the bride is sticking her head in the middle of a wreath. One of those wreaths that you send to a funeral. That should have been the sign to not get married.

7. Aimee says:

I was thinking the caption meant that it appears the girl on the right has no flowers since you can see her arm/hand…but she is holding some. I dunno.

• gottaloveawkward says:

i thought maybe ’cause the girl on the left seems to be wearing pink while the others white…but that could be my computer…idk…i don’t get it.

8. redrascal says:

??? Agreed, it’s not the wedding photo I would have chosen, but nothing obvious jumps out as being ridiculously awkward.

9. PaulaNancy says:

I just KNEW this was from The South, but I thought it was a debutante thingy, because of all the white dresses and the dreadful bouquet placements kind of obscure the veil, thought it was tulle draped artistically. Then I realized it’s a WEDDING, and the two bridesmaids in the back are NAKED! Now THAT is awkward!

10. Deneen says:

I submitted this photo because I think it’s one of the dumbest wedding pictures I’ve ever seen. We weren’t supposed to make a heart – I didn’t come up with the title or caption – it’s just awkward because it’s dorky! I laugh everytime I see this picture and thought others might get a kick out of it too. :o) By the way, I love the Kentucky Derby comment…did I mention this wedding took place in KY?

• Jennifer says:

don’t worry – you’re right it’s a strange and awkward pose. Don’t know why anyone would think this was a reasonable way to pose a bridal party.

11. dayman says:

The bridesmaid on the left is smiling but you can tell she’s not happy about the ‘pose’. haha. I I applaud her artistic integrity.

12. CB says:

I think the most awkward part of this photo is the caption.

I’m with the people who thought it was referring to the girl in the back/right position looking like she’s not wearing the same thing as the rest. The “heartbreaker” girl isn’t doing THAT bad of a job….I think it’s more awkward that the two tallest weren’t posed in the back, with the two shorter in front. :-/

13. skye says:

its definitely because the bridesmaid on the left didnt complete the heart. If you noticed the title for this picture is heartbreaker and the caption is someone didnt get the memo.

14. Amennis says:

Could it be that one of the bridesmaids is wearing a white dress? Only the bride is supposed to wear white, right?

15. Joyce says:

I’m thinking one of the bouquets (bride’s) is different, and that’s who didn’t get the memo. It’s a joke, of course, because the bride’s flowers normally would be different.

• Lil' says:

The bridesmaid on the far left isn’t holding her flowers up to complete the heart around the bride’s face. She’s the “heartbreaker.”

• gottaloveawkward says:

there are enough bouquets for them to all be holding one. you can’t see the one on the left’s arm b/c of the shawl…seems to me she’s holding the flowers at the bride’s cheek.

16. Andrew M says:

I’ve been staring at this picture for ten minutes now trying to figure out the caption.

Perhaps it is according to the bridesmaids’ positions, with short-haired brunette standing dead center, two on the right, and only one on the left, it looks as if one bridesmaid is missing, and didn’t get the memo that there was a photo shoot?

• Jerrah G says:

Um, the backdrop needs ironing. That would really upset me if it were my wedding, but I didn’t realize it would break anyone’s heart… Geez, I guess the bride really IS high maintenance.

17. Lisa says:

Sorry Jon. I clearly didn’t see that you already explained that, haha.

18. Jon says:

The bridesmaid on the left didn’t get the memo. The bouquets are supposed to form the shape of a heart around the bride’s face, but that bridesmaid is holding her bouquet too low.

19. Scott Keeble says:

My only guess is that the girl 2nd from right looks to possibly be wearing a black dress, instead of what others are wearing.

20. Jack says:

Looks like an Anne Geddes bride

21. Derek Pye says:

The memo that this pose idea is God-awful.

22. Libby says:

um …i don’t get it.

23. mec says:

Someone didn’t get the memo, and I just don’t get it. Is it the white dresses that are supposed to be awkward?

• Kootie says:

that’s what i was thinking- nobody but the bride is supposed to wear white. remember pippa at the royal wedding and the reaction she got on this side of the pond?

24. Stephen says:

I don’t understand why this picture is awkward or the title given to the picture.

25. Leanne says:

I’m not sure what is awkward with this photo? It’s a bit silly, but not in a bad way… Am I missing something?

26. Mary says:

It looks like she won Kentucky Derby.

27. mis says:

I don’t understand the caption, but I hope she doesn’t have allergies :)

28. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pansies

• Tim says:

Snort! Good one TAS!

• Joyce says:

Bwahaha, good one! Actually, I think what’s awkward is that the bouquet on the bottom is all white flowers but all the rest have colorful flowers. But then maybe the girl on the bottom is the bride? Whatever the memo was I think the posing with the heart around the bottom girl is deliciously dorky!

29. Caryn says:

Is it just me or does that look like one of those arrangements you buy for someone’s funeral? Or the Kentucky Derby?

30. Lisa says:

Ok, it’s a weird picture…but there are 4 bridesmaids holding 4 bouquets. Who didn’t get the memo??