Flipped

January 22nd, 2013

Some looks will never go out of style.

(submitted by Jacklyn)

15 Responses to “Flipped”

1. Chris says:

I’ve always wondered why we thought those ‘upside down’ glasses were so cool back then. I’m thankful that style hasn’t come back around again.

2. Michelle says:

Too funny, I saved my first pair of glasses and they are almost identical to those. I should take a then and now pic with them. LOL

3. Biribi says:

Oh believe me I didn’t look too hot myself… Although without the glasses.

4. Amanda says:

I wore glasses almost exactly like that when I was a kid! I thought they were so cool!

5. Kerri says:

I had glasses JUST like this in 5th grade. But they were blue. I was teased endlessly about them being “upside down.” I think I got new ones a year or two later.

6. abby says:

Her wig and glasses are upside down and her dress is on backwards. Awkward indeed. :)

7. Iris says:

I had glasses like those as well. Pretty bizarre-looking in retrospect.

8. Lizzie says:

I had glasses just like those…only I put a “heart” decal in the corner; & they were slightly tinted. I thought I was WAY cool. Sigh….

• krissylyn says:

My sister had them too, but had her initials in the corner.

Just because a photo is dated, doesn’t mean that it’s awkward! This girl is precious.

9. GLC says:

I hope Jacklyn will post her Glamour Shots “after” pic next.

10. patti says:

I believe that is young Liz Lemon!

11. Biribi says:

What a beautiful little girl… what an infortunate hair cut and terrible pair of glasses XD
    This horrible style of glasses would make any ten year old look like and cranky old grandma.

• Lizzie says:

LOL….Hey Biribi, from the other comments, it sounds like more than just this girl looked like a “cranky old grandma”. Hindsight truly IS 20/20. (& make no mistake; unfortunatedly these glasses WERE
      considered cool). Wonder what thing you & I do, now, that will evoke the same feeling ten yrs from now!