Man Of Steel

March 18th, 2013

Man Of Steel - Kids

“This is a school photo of my brother Jeff in the 2nd Grade.  Need I say more?”

(submitted by Jennifer)

22 Responses to “Man Of Steel”

1. heather wales says:

This pic is PURE, ADORKABLE GOODNESS. It has everything: Headgear. Sweater vest. Mismatched paisley shirt with GIGANTIC collar points. I MIGHT DIE FROM THE HIDEOUS CUTENESS OF IT ALL!!!! Thumbs up, AFP!

2. Deserttrip says:

Am I the only one who thought this was a young girl? In fact, it looked a lot like MY 6th grade picture (and I was a tomboy). Even my hair looked similar. But, my sweater vest/button up shirt had purple tones. Love the smile either way! :)

3. Cheryl says:

I worked in Orthodontics for many years. Head gear is rarely used anymore, most kids wore them only at home or overnight. It works very WELL, if worn appropriately. Moves molars back so extractions are not necessary. Makes room for the crowded teeth to move into place. Face masks are also a choice for moving anterior teeth forward, only worn at home and overnight. Orthodontics has come a long way in the use of external appliances. The MOST important appliance is the retainers, must be worn full time after braces come off for one year, or teeth WILL go back to crowded. Totally controlled by the wearer.

4. Amy says:

School photo, anyone?

5. Andi says:

I bet he’s Hot now

6. Genevieve says:

He is super-cute even with the headgear. Probably made him a strong man.

7. Ann says:

Oh no. I had this exact headgear and seeing this picture gave me chest pains and flashbacks. He seems MUCH happier to wear his headgear than I was to wear mine.

8. DeeDee says:

WHY???? Poor kid.

9. ginger says:

Awww I think I’m in love! His happy heart shines through it all.

10. Katie says:

Lol his hair looks like little wings coming out of his head

11. Chris G says:

Poor kid- they couldn’t have taken this device off for a close-up picture?! Maybe they didn’t know how to get it back on…

12. dari says:

Come on, that is an adorable boy. He’s even smiling honestly, this one is a true gem.

13. just me says:

Oh the dreaded “head-gear”. LOL. After 30 + years I still remember the ONE time I didn’t wear it when sleeping and was forced to wear it to school. Lesson learned. Of course I was still fashionable…light blue with daisies on the one part that wasn’t metal. What a trooper, I did not smile as nicely as he.

14. TonyT says:

“It predates stainless steel, so you can’t get it wet.”

Poor kid. Braces. Ginger. Bad hair. Might as put a sign on him right now that says “Kick me.”

• Jessica says:

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one thinking this, and I’m also a ginger. I guess the others didn’t catch or know the Simpson reference. He’s still a cutie though.

15. Angela says:

Same here, would not be caught dead with one on in a picture. I think my mom still has it. EWWW!! The things parents save.

16. Scout C says:

And yet he smiles through it all…. He IS the man of steel!

17. Wendy S. says:

Oh dear…..and that poofed up hair looking like puppy dog ears really adds to the look.

18. Tim R says:

I wore one of those when I was a kid. I took it off when having my picture taken, though.

19. Tim says:

Wow. That brings back some bad memories. I has in third grade when I got glasses and headgear within a month or so. Fortunately, they didn’t come with this shirt or sweater vest.