Get Into The Groove

April 4th, 2014

Long live the seventies.

(submitted by Judy)

25 Responses to “Get Into The Groove”

1. Melissa says:

One flame and those shirts would be history – stay away from the fire!

2. Lori says:

One word…. Fancy

3. P Money says:

I wanna goof on this but, nahhhh! They look like a pretty happy family back in the day. Hope they’re all doing groovy today!

4. Emily says:

The Wesley’s

5. gina says:

First man in the back left looks a lot like Dean Butler.

6. Benj says:

Brady Bunch role models!

7. Mary says:

Wow. Just…wow.

8. Colleen says:

I love this family rocking the 70′s! Let’s give props to the fact they do not clash with the decor (too much!)

9. Joe Schmoe says:

I think this is a great photo. They all look so perfect for the 70′s. Classy.

10. Jennifer Dreyer says:

That’s a lot of patterns in one pic! Wow! Honestly they look like a very happy, loving family. I wish this was MY family!

11. j says:

The reason it is awkward is that it was really taken in 1986.

• Judy says:

Hi this is Judy (on the right – back row)
      This was taken in the summer of 1975. The baby in the pic is only 10 months old and the oldest sibling is 21 (male, second from the left..back row).
      Bittersweet… It was the last Family picture taken with all of us. Our dad passed away a year later. We are now so happy to have this AWESOME Awkward Family Pic:-D

12. HvP says:

My that is a LOT of polyester in one photo. hah

Also, if your brothers are rockin the suede shoes you may as well go all in with the white patent leather loafers. Owning it!

13. keri says:

I love love love this!! 70s in every way!! I was born in the early 70s and miss everything about it!

14. Lisa says:

I think they all look incredibly beautiful & happy like a Nice family..70′s style. Would really love to see what they all look like now; 40 +years later. The baby is probably in his 40′s; parents in their 80′s? I wish we all stayed so happy looking!

• Lynne Huck (married to one of the brothers) says:

Hello Lisa,

My sister-in-law Judy took published this photo here and my husband Jim and I (he’s the third one top row on the left) just saw this again last night!

Everyone who is still with us, looks great! Judy looks better now then in the picture, very beautiful woman, and Genevieve, the mom is a GORGEOUS 82!!!!!!! She always has a smile on her face! Of course my hubby Jim is extremely handsome, as well as all of the other brothers!!!!!

I was very blessed to meet my husband in 2011 and marry into this wonderful, loving family.

Thanks for the nice comment, take care…

Lynne:)

15. lori says:

The fashions and home furnishing of the 70′s were hideous but the music and T.V. shows were fun. The 70′s were great years.

16. Lorrie Barr says:

Everything was so color coordinated in the 70s. I kinda miss ubiquitous earth-tone clothes, walls, drapes, houses…

17. Elayne says:

Maybe not awkward for the time, but is awkward because everything about this photo is sooo 70′s! The chairs, the walls, the hair, the pants, everything! These guys were so in style!

18. Mike says:

I think it’s good looking family!

19. Lacey says:

How is this awkward? It’s not. It is just retro or dated as some would say. I actually think it’s a great family portrait.