Behind The Awkwardness: Red Eye

October 12th, 2010

“When I was getting my senior picture many years ago, I was told that I could bring a pet to the studio. I brought my pet rat, Steve Polychronopolis. When the time came to photograph Steve, the photographer opened his cage for me. Steve freaked out and leaped from the top of his cage three feet onto my neck. He then urinated on me. After all of this, they couldn’t even get a good picture of us together without giving me demon eyes.”

(submitted by Erin)

Tags:

29 Responses to “Behind The Awkwardness: Red Eye”

1. Noah says:

A gazillion kudos to Erin for even thinking to take Mr. Steve along for her senior class photo.

Look for Erin to be Empress of the Planet in 2012. (The Mayans predicted it.)

2. DocHoz says:

Yeahhhh, bringing a rodent to a photo shoot…what could possibly go wrong? Oh yeah, he could piss all over you for starters. And strangely enough the belief that pet owners look like their pets and vice-versa applies here. Seriously, look at the photo again. I swear if that rat had red eyes…..

3. Agentmom says:

You rock!

4. ScoutC says:

Maybe the rat urinated in her eyes. Such a nice memory to have captured in a professional photo. Good times!

5. St Elmo Jake says:

I think she is kind of hot.

6. Andi from NC says:

First off, props for admitting to having a “rat” for a pet. Double props for taking it in for a school picture and triple props for getting the pic made with the rat even after getting pee’d on by said rat. You are my hero for day!

I agree with JerseyPam – totally frickin’ awesome!

7. jennie says:

isn’t steve polychronopolis an Adam Sandler music video?

8. Andrew says:

Don’t listen to the nasty man – your rat’s name is awesome. It reminds me of the Canadian TV show Trailer Park Boys where they have a cougar named Steve French on the loose. And, FYI, cute girls with rats = doubly hot.

9. Elzbee. says:

It almost looks like you are about to demon eat him. I am sorry to hear about the peeing.

10. Amanda Hug-n-kiss says:

Can you say, “Willard?”

11. T says:

It’s from Adam Sandlers CD’s Steve. Classis I might add. Not sure why she would name a rat that, of all things.

12. Erin Smith says:

I didn’t put it in the yearbook unfortunately.

Steve- You’re just jealous that you didn’t have a senior picture as cool as mine. I miss that pet rat…

13. Janice says:

Maybe she has ‘demon eyes’ because she’s hugging a RAT!!

14. JerseyPam says:

I really hope you put this in your yearbook. It’s fricken awesome.

15. Steve says:

Wow. A couple of disturbing items come immediately to mind. Firstly, why is it she is the one with demonic red eyes, and not the rat? Moreover, the rat’s name is Steve Polychronopolis? Really sweetheart? A rodent with a common, human name (mine!) is quite odd all by itself, but Polychronopolis? Nerdy much? Though I’ll admit to be able to guess at its meaning, poly=many or multiple, chrono=time and polis=city. Hence we have the rat named Steven in the city of many clocks. Phew. Thanks for sharing, I’m only razzin’ you in fun, promise. Mostly.