Behind The Awkwardness: Stonewashed

August 20th, 2012

“This is a picture of my family circa 1991. It was taken in a “photography studio” in a motel room. The process was pretty similar to buying speakers out of the back of a van.”

(submitted by Evan)

• In • 9 Comments »

9 Responses to “Behind The Awkwardness: Stonewashed”

1. Not an expert says:

I think it’s great that this was taken in a motel room. My family owned a motel in a small town, and this practice of traveling photgraphy was very common. We have lots and lots of family pics with our pets thanks to this handy convenience. I wasn’t sure if this practice was widespread, or if it was just one more eccentricity of my childhood.

2. Mary2 says:

I love that the dog is the only one who looks truly happy. The menfolk are tolerating it for Mom’s sake. Mom is just trying to get “..a nice family picture,for goodness sake! You all act like you’re being tortured or something..” The dog is clueless and pleased to be included on an outing that involves a car ride. Team Family Dog!

3. Marcia says:

This is a nice picture. Nothing awkward about it!

4. Susan Faris says:

Love how the boy is holding the dog’s paw. That little touch is so sweet and gentle.

5. Les says:

Adorable picture. Oregon, Washington or northern California?

6. Lizabeth says:

Hi… what a fun picture…thanks for sending it in. Only mom looks really “prepared” for this pic. (I’d totally forgotten about cowl neck sweaters til I saw a picture here of one; I must have had a dozen of those same kind of sweaters). Did Dad ever cut his hair & beard? I bet he looked handsome & WAY different without it.

7. Harry says:

Nice photo!

8. Simon says:

What music was your Dad into?

9. Gertie says:

Leave it to the dog to plan ahead and blend beautifully with the artistically crafted background used in this photo