**AFP Grandparents: The Wedding Toast**

April 3rd, 2012

As many of you may know, my grandparents are an inspiration to me. While they are the two funniest people I know, they are also incredible role models– married for 72 years! Well, today marks my first anniversary and I couldn’t help but re-post this amazing wedding toast they recorded for my wife and I last year. Mike Co-Founder, AFP

240 Responses to “**AFP Grandparents: The Wedding Toast**”

1. Lucy says:

This video is so wonderful to have these two grandparents who have been married 72 years talk and laugh is beyond me. My 50th golden wedding anniversary will be this 5 de mayo, yep, I happen to marry on the Mexican Independence, and now we are celebrating this 5 de mayo, with a Mariachi band, a Mexican party given by our 5 kids and here we thought we would not last more than 20 yrs. but we base our marriage on the 3 C’s, Communication, Cooperation and Consideration, I am so sure these 2 lovely grandparents have based their marriage on the 3 C’s its the basis for a happy marriage. Good luck to Mike & Sue, may you also adhere to the 3 C’s.

2. Dorothy and Richard says:

My husband and I are married 37 years and he is the youngest 90 year old I know. He is loving and attentive and always there for me. I wish we had grandchildren to share with, but from 6 children between us – that was not to be. Show me a marriage with no disagreements and I will show you boredom and one of the couple is a door mat. Many happy years for both the bride and groom and to their wonderful “typically” great Jewish grandparents.

3. Thel & Ken says:

After sixty-five years, we have gone through the five reasons. We have our own set:
    KEEP BREATHING, KEEP LOVING, KEEP KISSING And thank God for the wonders of
    marriage. We never could have made it this far without each other……..

The Grandparents are grandparents to all of us.

4. Jonathan says:

ADORABLE COUPLE – what a blessing!!!

5. Kathy says:

Hysterical!
    !I laughed and laughed and realized I’m well on my way to relating to these two.
    Loved it!

6. I agree with Reni Meserve. Had to wait till the tears dried to read the replies and respond.
    It looks like Grandma wears the pants with Grandpa as the ‘straight man’ . They play off each other, beautifully. Humor is all that is the nature and courage of life: Classic Burns and Allen at it’s best. Godbless.

7. kim says:

I. Love. Your. Grandparents.

8. Gail says:

How lucky Mike is to have his awesome grandparents in his life. I hope Mike and Sue remember to visit them often.

9. Walter says:

Thank you for sharing your own love for your loving grandparents. The world is full of great people and you were good enough to share yours with us. They obviously are happy and you are well on your way to enjoying the same happiness because they are thinking of you, thinking of someone else, even though they were talking about themselves. Is this a mystery or what?

10. Lelsie says:

I laughed and laughed and laughed. I LOVED this! How stinkin’ cute are they?!?!

11. Jerome says:

No matter where you go on the Web, no matter how heart-warming or informative or deeply-felt the message, the grammar Nazis will find you and feel no compuction about posting their constipated little messages. Almost ruins the experience of a great video. Almost…

12. Sally says:

Are there two number 4s????

13. Ophelia says:

So lovely! Made me grin ear to ear :) Thanks so much for sharing this gem of a message

14. John says:

Mike, Thanks so much for sharing.
    That has made my morning. They are such wonderful people to have in your life.
    Congrats on your marriage!

15. Dianne says:

Mike..this is darling! Made my day to watch this..I laughed until I had tears. What great grandparents you have. Much luck and best wishes on your marriage!

16. Heidi says:

That was good advice and a couple who still has it. Warmed my heart! Thanks for sharing.

17. T says:

This warms my heart, how sweet & such good advice!! Congratulations!!

18. Nadia says:

Nicest laugh I have had in ages! Treasure each moment you have with that amazing couple.
    72 years and they are still funny!
    Loved it! Laughed all the way from Sydney!

19. Cubby says:

This is simply the best video ever. They couldn’t have given you anything more valuable. They are top contenders for America’s Favorite Grandparents.

20. YoMAMA says:

Review your grammar rules for using I and me. It’s “amazing message to my wife and me” because you would never say “Amazing message to I.” I have dismounted this high-horse.

21. wellhellothere says:

They are the cutest couple ever!

22. Phyllis Epp says:

Soo cute. Imagine 72 years of marriage, what a highlight.

23. Jane says:

What a joy. So much cynicism and awfulness in the world yet here these two are, hale, hearty, joyful and mad as a box of frogs. Wish they were mine. Best wishes to the happy couple, and here’s to the Grandparents enjoying their next 72 years together.

24. ginger says:

They couldn’t be cuter!

25. Lele says:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these two! You are very blessed to have such wonderful and funny grandparents!

26. Little Nell says:

This was just lovely to watch. They sound like my parents, who have been married for seventy years this year. The occasional bickering, a good sense of humour and obviously very loving. For some reason that kiss at the end brought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye.

27. Ken says:

Awesome!

28. Marsha says:

I love these two people! You are very blessed to have them. Even if they don’t know your names. Too funny…..

29. Morgo says:

I love this video so much! What a wonderful toast for your wedding. Hilarious and very natural-seeming

30. Marley says:

Photoshopped! No, actually this brought tears of joy to my eyes. So beautiful and funny! thanks or sharing this!

31. Simon says:

They are characters, OK. Look good on being…at least 88 I’m guessing.

32. GINNY says:

I could not love this video more. It’s wonderful and I’m suddenly very excited to have married young because maybe, if I’m lucky, I’ll be around and still with it when I’m married 72 years. I’m so inspired by these two.

33. Jen says:

Were they toasting with prune juice? Very sweet video, what a cute couple. Congrats!

34. Tracy W says:

This is absolutely adorable! What an amazing honor to still be by each others sides and in love after 72 years! Congrats Mike and Sue(?) on the beginning of your life together!

35. Decca says:

I think I have a crush on your grandfather.

36. Stefanie says:

Great advice! I love all 4+ of them! What an amazing video! Congratulations!

37. carli says:

Greatest video I’ve seen in a long time!!!! Congrats!

38. Annette says:

Wonderful video from an obviously loving and caring couple. Congrats to you and your wife on the beginning of your fist year of many more to come! [clink]

39. Michelle says:

@Reni Me too …. these too make me laugh so much but I was bawling like a 3 year old when they toasted & kissed. And yes, @ Valerie, the last line was a beauty!!

Great video :)

40. Africa says:

They are as adorable as they can be! You are so lucky to have them still in your life!

They are awesome!

41. Jen D. says:

They’re amazing, makes me miss my grandparents so much. Mazel Tov!

42. Valerie says:

You gotta stay for the ending! Keep listening while she laughs–her last line is worth it!

43. Jenelle says:

That is the sweetest, funniest video I ever remember seeing. They are adorable and wonderful people! How lucky you are to have them :)

44. lorri64 says:

LOVE it! Congrats on them being married for 72 years

45. Reefie says:

This is the coolest video I’ve seen in months. Mike you are one lucky fella. Best wishes for a long and happy marriage to you and your bride!

46. slozudo says:

I will probably be banned from this site for saying this: consider buying a grammar book.

“…….. they sent along this amazing message to my wife and ME.”

• Carolyn says:

Thank you! :)

• Tracy says:

The guy just got married; his grandparents sent him a heartfelt and appropriately funny video greeting, and *that* is what you have to say???

I bet you’re loads of fun at parties.

• wellhellothere says:

Actually, that is correct. Take out “my wife”. The sentence becomes “they sent along this amazing message to me”

• Missy says:

You’re the one who needs a grammar book. Don’t correct people when you don’t know what you’re talking about. Me is used correctly in the sentence.

• LifeIsGood says:

You mope. It is correct grammar. You and I go to the store. Between you and me, or to you and me is correct because it is the object of a preposition Go back to school and more importantly, don’t make yourself look uneducated AND irrelevant by posting something that just doesn’t matter.

• Ricky says:

You remind me of my English teacher – always taking a jab for what HE considered proper english. He ALWAYS mis-prononced my first name so I started to ignore him. When he came to my desk to indicate he was speaking to ME I told him I heard the question but there was not anyone in the class with the name he called.
      Yeah I was sent to the principals office and WON. From that day forward he always said my name correctly. His argument was that he was a scholar and knew the correct pronunciation of my name. You mirror this teacher.

This message was most likely from the heart and not scripted and even if it was so what. How many elderly people married that many years would be spry enough to send such heartfelt memories. The grandchildren and children know the routines of this elderly couple and its precious to have this memory to carry forth to the next generation.
      Please consider a job writing technical material. You have no heart or humor.

47. Reni Meserve says:

I started out laughing but by the time they kissed I was crying! What a beautiful couple! What a treasure to have this video of them!

48. Jen says:

Too cute… that is so sweet…

49. Linda says:

This is the best thing I’ve seen in a very, very long time. Suddenly I’m speaking (in my head) with their accents. Thanks for sharing.