Awkward Family Video: We’re Pregnant!

January 22nd, 2012

“This will go on and on and on. Trust me.”

(submitted by Blaire)

68 Responses to “Awkward Family Video: We’re Pregnant!”

1. wirador says:

This is actually kinda cool!

2. Sher says:

I’m happy for them but, “they’re” not pregnant….SHE is. Hate, hate, hate, hearing that. He cannot be pregnant, no matter how much they say it. He is expecting a baby, going to be a Father, but he’s NOT, nor will he ever be, pregnant. There….I feel better.
    An adorable, happy couple, and it’s good he’s so into HER pregnancy. They’ll be good parents.

3. Jon says:

Just discovered this website. I’m a photographer and am loving – great for a work break. The comments are awesome and positive. So refreshing from Youtube. I thought the video was awkward, yes, but hey, I probably couldn’t produce better – or find the enthusiasm. Already have three little ones – stressful at times – so my enthusiasm for parenting has lessened somewhat ;)

4. Matri says:

That was awesome love the steelers gear make another (baby included) its gonna be awesome trust me.

5. lissi says:

LOVE IT!!! this is so gorgeous, you are gorgeous people who obviously are dead excited about having your bubbi! congratulations and thank you for sharing!

6. Kim says:

I second Kathy James’ statement — That baby is SO blessed to have such enthusiastic and fun parents who love their coming little one enough to make fools of themselves for him/her. That is a great love indeed and they willl be OUTSTANDING parents!!

7. Paula says:

Aw that was so cute! My husband did the same thing with the Steelers gear. Except as soon as we found out he took a road trip TO Pittsburgh (8 hrs from us) to get all the necessities :/

8. Booby Keig says:

Totally awesome job-nice work you guys.

9. Rivke says:

Love it! Its great and sweet. Nice way to share news with your friends, much better then a FB announcement. You must be a sad and dull person not so wee the love and joy. Congrats bring on April 2012!!

10. Kristin says:

I thought this was adorable and fun! Could be because my husband is rocking our son to sleep in the next room and I remember being pregnant + baby fever for #2, but I teared up a little at the memories. :) Congrats guys!

11. Chrissi says:

Totally love it :)
    That’s gonna be a fun family!

12. rebecca says:

I love it, they are adorable. I love it, congrats!

13. Spud says:

Why so many haters? I think this is adorable!! Every child should be welcomed into the world with this much excitement and happiness. I wish my hubby and I did something this creative to announce our pregnancy!! Heck I wish all of our friends did too, these people are so fun!! Oh and to the person who said they felt selfish announcing a baby shower on facebook… announce whatever you want on facebook, it’s YOUR wall! I’m 10 wks preg and about to make all kinds of goofy fb statuses about it.

14. Todd VanSlyck says:

This site has just reached a new level of greatness, imho

15. Ashleigh says:

Honestly, they couldn’t think of the rhyme “Ee-ohh, we’re pre-go.”?

Congrats to them and all, but too long.

16. Julie says:

Wow! i love it. I don’t know them but I am so happy for them! I really don’t think it’s awkward, it’s adorable. What a fun family they will be!

• Kristen says:

I agree, Julie! Not awkward at all. They probably just meant for this to be for their family. I bet they all appreciated it and enjoyed the unique way of making a special announcement.

17. Boo Radley says:

There’s an ad campaign for the Virginia lottery that talks about how everyone, no matter how goofy or annoying, can someday find a match. The Lotto folks could save a few bucks and use this in the next spot.

18. DAnny says:

Give’em 4 months of sleepless nights and difficult groggy days at work and they’ll be writing songs with a little different slant…like “we had a baby and we cant sleep now…sing it aao–ooo We had a baby and and cant get my job done now because I’m innnn-cooo-herent. sing it aaa-ooo.”

19. b&gMama says:

I am not sure who I feel worse for, this baby in 15 years, or baby #2 whose announcement will be no where near this creative, fun, or time consuming.

20. Tourlou says:

30 awkward frames per second.

21. Voltron says:

Wow! Congrats to the couple!! If the parents are doing this now, just think how many more awkward, embarrassing moments there will be once the baby is out. They could finance the retirement of the awkward family photos people.

22. Ginger says:

I thought this was super cute! Not awkward at all. Congrats to them and I pray they have a happy and healthy baby. :)

23. Snowrider says:

A little long but cute. I’ll add however that I’ll listen to it again and again if we never have to see another belly picture.

24. Marlene says:

LOLOLOLOLOL how cheesy, my goodness….

God bless them and how happy they are, but they was just long and uncomfortable

25. ln says:

Come ON, these guys are adorable! Charming goofiness, LOVE them. Ok it was a little long, but I watched every second of their dorky excitement.

26. Tricia says:

Not everything cheesy is a miss. I’m glad they’re starting out with a sense of humor. This couple will be able to handle the stress of raising a baby because they can laugh at themselves. Good for them!

27. Lisa says:

I thought it was rather cute and imaginative.

28. FlagWrapperGurl says:

I’ve never been more annoyed. I’m sure they were very creative when they had the UNIQUE experience of getting engaged, too.

• lili says:

It doesn’t get more self-absorbed than this. And to think, I felt selfish announcing a baby shower for my first on facebook.

I wish them the best, especially since this looks like it was shot before the end of the first trimester. Good luck and get over yourselves! :D

29. jackie says:

I love it!!!!!!!!!!

30. nathan says:

Aaaaaaaarrrgggghhhh, my mouse and keyboard broke and I can’t stop it, HEEELLLLLLPPP!!!!

31. Nell says:

I’m sure their friends enjoyed this a lot. I thought it was pretty cute. Looked like they had a lot of fun doing it.

32. Meg says:

Aww, I’m sure they were being silly & wanted a goofy way to share their pregnancy news with family & friends. I think it’s super cute and silly! :)

33. Emily says:

Soooooo awkward I don’t know where to start.

34. Kyna Arbogast says:

This kid can be blackmailed for LIFE! =) Heck yeah that AKWARD, AND EMBARRASING.
    congrats to them. =)

35. Lottie says:

Haha it does go on and on and on…

36. Florence says:

I’ve witnessed labors that seemed to go by much quicker and less awkwardly.

37. No Capes says:

I’m betting that the number of people who received this announcement is about 10x the number of people who actually care that this couple is pregnant.

38. lana says:

This is so heartwarming! its great to see couples so excited to be expecting their kid! Y should natural feelings be embarrassing and awkward?

39. cocamojoe says:

Congratulations, but, um….. was this video necessary? Maybe learn how to sing in key first?

40. Emily says:

I liked it.

41. Mic C says:

{Hands folded in prayer} May these two take thousands of family photos.

42. Kootie says:

i actually found this cute, not awkward. and no bare pregnant tummy in sight!

43. KJ says:

I think it’s funny when couples think they are the only people in history to ever get pregnant!

44. Bon says:

Cute video, I like it! Although I think 3:24 is tooooo long. I fast forwarded at one point.

45. required says:

wow… i’d hate to be her facebook friend during that pregnancy.

46. Carol says:

That was so awkward that I could barely hear it due to having the volume so low. I didn’t want anyone asking me “Whatcha listenin’ to in there?”

47. ruth says:

omg! i only made it half way through the video. i had to stop it – too much second-hand embarrassment for them :(

48. Erin says:

Ummm…………….. Creative.. Yeah, thats it.