May 30th, 2013

And we quote: “A springy, rhythmic way of moving forward, similar to a horse’s gait and is ideally induced by elation.” copyright 1989, taken from the book Prancercise┬«:The Art of Physical and Spiritual Excellence.”

Perhaps the greatest exercise regimen ever.

46 Responses to “Prancercise”

1. Tracey says:

Those leggings look very uncomfortable in the crotch area. I’d like to think I could be doing this when I’m her age too.. :)

2. sean says:

I’ve laughed and laughed at this. But she’s having fun! I say good for her!!

I truly enjoyed this. And laughed a lot.

3. Dave says:

Just saw her on a commercial, Still looks great,

4. Robs says:

Laughing so hard I nearly fell out of my chair!!!

5. Nelsy says:

This is by FAR the most hilarious video ever!!!

Lets Prancercise gals!!!

6. Kathy says:

I have just learned that anything is possible.

7. Kathleen says:

I didn’t think anything could top the Shake Weight for fitness silliness. I have been proven wrong! On the plus side, my abs got a good work out from the non-stop laughter that ensued from watching this train wreck!

8. Connie says:

She looks like an injured bird.

9. Erin says:

This will be how we look at zumba in 30 years…

10. Jessi says:

This probably *is* great exercise, as just walking is awesome exercise, but wouldn’t it be better for the joints to just do a little dance instead of a prance? You’d look just as insane, but your knees will thank you for it.

11. Jamie Simmons says:

A biker is going to come around the corner, see her for a split second and think she’s just another walker, then she’s gonna prance her way right into his path and that will be the end of prancercise. Then there will be signs on every paved path “For your safety: No excercise routines that take up both sides of walking/biking path. Thanks.”

12. ALN says:

I missed the GMA segment – so was this video recently or from 1989? I see above it says copyright 1989? So if she was on GMA, what does she look like now?! And I do admit she is in pretty good shape so prancing must have worked (works) for her!

13. Elizabeth says:

This is totally fun. It’s totally hokey & her hair & makeup are a stitch. But Three cheers for her for being so in shape & willing to put herself out there to help folks. To my delight, this video was a “pick of the day” for Good Morning America!

14. Kyle says:

R u kidding give her;her props.I hope she makes a mil

15. Wowzer says:

So that group of people that I yelled “get a life!” at yesterday at the traffic light were just trying to stay in shape?! I assumed they were drug atticts.

16. Awkward Love says:

BTW, did anyone catch this video this morning with Good Morning America for they must have swiped it from AFP for the feature.

17. Mary says:

I saw this lady on the Today Show this morning. It was….awkward. To say the least.

18. Lavender says:

Awesome stuff. I love her body type, condition, and love of exercise. What was the name of that tune they played in the first set of prancing? It’s going on my iPod. My only criticism of what she is doing is that she is jumping off of her right leg every time. In order to balance that out she should jump off of the left leg half the time. Say, go 10 feet or so on each leg. Rock on lady.

19. Lynn says:

I’m not ashamed to say I do the first down each supermarket aisle when shopping. It helps to keep me from getting bored and I don’t care who’s watching!

20. Mary says:

Ok, I now feel better about myself!

21. diana says:

that just made my day!!

22. Colleen says:

I love the fact that she is coiffed, accessorized and has a complete face of make-up for this video, she is definitely ready for her close-up! Rock on little pony!!

23. AndrewT says:

Could NOT keep my eyes off her hair, which didn’t move during the whole thing! Amazing.

Not to mention her bust, those puppies must have been strapped in tighter than her vocal chords.

24. Imasteffy says:

Well….that was awkward.

25. Jane says:

This is almost as hilarious as anything that has been on this web site…definitely in competition with “The Lenscrafters” and the Thanksgiving letter. NOTHING is better than laughing so hard that you are crying.

26. Ben Franklin says:

Dr. Hook “Sharing the Night Together” playing.

27. Evelynne says:

I love this SO MUCH. It’s basically low-impact parkour. And the soundtrack is awesome!

28. Klutch says:

Thank you Pittipat. I watched it while listening to Devo’s “Gut Feeling” and “Slap Your Mammy”. Quite satisfying.

29. Wisegal says:

You know she made grandpa run in front of her and film this nonsense. She probably has a gaggle of grandma’s from the senior center who meet weekly at the mall to prance around. It looks ridiculous, but IS probably good exercise.

30. GracieLee says:

She could have summed up the instructions with the line: ‘Just go down the sidewalk pretending you’re a pink My Little Pony skipping!” Have to admit, though – she IS in great shape! ;-)

31. Emily says:

I am in awe.

32. Coco says:

I’m all for dressing nicely, especially in these days when everyone looks like a slob 24/7, but why in the world would you wear a tailored jacket, dangly earrings and a big choker when you go out for a “walk” in the park while wearing leggings? I’m not even going to comment on the prancing.

33. Lala says:

Awesome! It’s better to be punching into space than in your face! This is something your gym teacher makes you do after your done with Sweatin to the Oldies!

34. JohnP Marshall says:

Two positive things here:
    1. She will get into shape
    2. Muggers will see her doing this and stay away from the “Crazy Woman”

35. pittipat says:

I watched this with DEVO playing in the background. It added to my viewing pleasure immensely. :)

36. Meredith says:

Nancy Reagan shimmying to Werewolves of London. My eyes are bleeding.

37. S. Smith says:

No matter what smart-alecky comments follow–I wish my G-ma moved like this!

38. Michelle Liimatainen says:

Oh my! LOL I can’t even believe I watched the entire thing. What a train wreck!

39. Liz A says:

I’m sorry to admit this, but I watched the whole thing. Got your sweater set? fancy hair do? earrings and necklace? Cameltoe (whoops)? Get ready to prancercize! Sadly, I note that this video was not published 30 or 25 years ago but less than one year ago.