Happy Mother’s Day!

May 10th, 2009

Happy Mother’s Day! - *AFP Hall Of Fame*

(submitted by Andy)

397 Responses to “Happy Mother’s Day!”

1. me says:

I thank yall need to get a life. That picture is nice

2. me says:

I like it

3. Sarah says:

it’s like Adam and Eve after the Fall… but with denim?

4. sarah says:

hahaha this is hilarious!!! his smile and his hand on the butt are what make the picture. it’s a cute, yet funny one.

5. another pregnant lady... says:

Good parents is fine, but did someone forget this is a site for “awkard” pictures. It is an awkward picture there is no doubt about it…Can an awkward picture have good intentions? yes…but nonetheless…it is still awkward.

6. another pregnant lady... says:

there is a reason this site is called “awkward”….

7. Vickie says:

I like this picture….they are a cute couple and obviously unashamed, and thats the way it should be….ROCK ON you two!

8. whoa says:

beautiful picture!

9. Jaguwar says:

I know what’s wrong with the picture (other than the bad backdrop). They shouldn’t be looking at us. The pose is a very intimate, tender one, so why are they looking at anyone but each other? Better yet, they should be nuzzling in some way, or he should be about to kiss her, with her looking up at him, maybe with her eyes half-closed…

Now THAT would have been a terrific pic!

Not that this isn’t good, just not quire right.

10. @mycaricature says:

I know it’s not… traditional… but I kind of like it anyway

11. whatswrongwiththis? says:

I think it’s quite lovely actually.. and isn’t a butt grab, he’s only got her hand on her behind..

12. Autumn says:

Good concept, BAD execution.

13. CharlyBoo says:

I love this pic!!!! The butt grab, the hair, the faces, the nudity, please… people should take a look at their family’s album and publish their own pics not other’s.

14. JustLooking says:

Do you people not realize that this is 2009, not 1940? We do not have to be prudes anymore. This is a beautiful picture. Someone has already posted that neither of the people in this picture put it on here, someone else did. Some people need to get a life and stop being jealous. I hope I look this good when I’m pregnant! Aside from that, none of you know whether or not this couple was already married when this picture was taken. None of you know whether or not he is the father. So why are so many people jumping to conclusions and saying that this is their engagement photo and that he is not the father. You people who are saying those things are the ones who shouldn’t have kids because we already have enough close-minded assholes in this world. You don’t need to add anymore to that category.

15. Pitt Cairn says:

What gets me are all these posts made between 1 AM and 5 AM.

16. Phoebus says:

I think that the image is not quite spot on but is a grand attempt to capture the moment. I don’t think it’s awkward, other than the pose is a bit forced. I’d have gone for a more relaxed easy pose. But still a good image of a young couple.

17. nathan says:

Thanks for raising us with traditional family values mom, love,
    your son and daughter

18. Prospective Employer says:

I think it shows too much of their faces. Now no one in their right mind will be able to take them seriously. Taking personal pictures is becoming risky business… you never know where they might turn up.

19. Petra says:

I actually think this is a really nice picture. Just two young ppl in love having a baby, nothing wrong with that!

20. Heather says:

I really like the photo, mainly because of the couple and from a hobbyist photographer’s perspective it is a good shot, the only thing I would change would be his hand from her bum because I think it takes away from the beauty of the photo and changes the focus from the couple and the pregnancy to the hand on the bum only.
    JMO

21. Jim says:

I like this pic. I am from the UK and can tell that those that don’t like this pic are typical American bloaters and probably jealous. It’s nice to see a healthy American woman who’s eating for 2 and not 10.

22. The Visitor says:

Honestly…people are making fun of an innocent picture. Is it the best picture in the world? No. It’s not my style at all. Does it capture the sentiment of the moment? Yes. It’s incredibly sweet. The only thing awkward is the ignorance of some of the negative replies on this page.

23. Alli says:

This is very much a beautiful photo, however, the butt grab gives it a little too much of a sex theme. It would be perfect if he would have his hand on the small of her back, or the back of her head. Both young and beautiful people, why not show it off?

24. kitten says:

it’s cute, kind of awkward, but cute :) i think it could have done without the glamour shot white glow. and for the butt, looks like he was uncomfy reaching down so maybe even with his hand on the small of her back it’d been less odd looking.

25. Kimberly says:

This is actually a beautiful picture. If you think differently, something is wrong with you. Sure, the hand on the butt is slightly awkward, and would look much better on the back, sure, I agree with all of you 100%. But have any of you been in love? Ever loved someone so much you just get caught up in the moment, and just CAN”T keep your hands off that person? Is it not possible that this is what he was feeling? And besides, They aren’t “nude”, just hinting that something else might be there, and what’s wrong with that? Why do you think we come out as babys being naked, not fully clothed? All of you who think that this is “innappropriate”, “nudity”, “cheesy” or whatever else, grow up! It’s a little thing called love, which is obvious by their faces, and none of you have probably ever felt it, so stop beating up on them and go cry to yourself in a corner because you haven’t found your some one special.

26. Kimberly says:

Wow. I think you all need to do a little growing up. Sure, while the hand on the butt may not look perfect, maybe he was just so caught up in the moment in his love for her, he just couldn’t keep his hands off her! And so what? Have you never been naked? Has “No One” never seen you naked, SOMETIME in your life? I don’t think so. Why do you think we were born into this world NAKED, not CLOTHED? I mean seriously, it’s not like they’re showing anything innapropriate, just hinting at it. All of you who think this is “innappropriate”, or “stupid” or “nudity” or anything else, grow up and open your eyes!

27. Belinda says:

aww this is so cute, idk why you would think this is bad

28. Jess213 says:

It’s cute, but it would have been much nicer if it was more of an Adam and Eve type pic.. With his hand off of her butt.

29. Mercy says:

Hey Ya’ll,
    Why is it that everyone always has to take offense to partial or complete nudity. When we were born, it wasnt a bad thing when our parents took all those nude pictures of us. And then made copies to give to the family. This is completely a beautiful moment, that indicates the love and tastefulness that both these individuals possess.

Let eveyone do and show their creativity in their own way. It is not hurting anyone, as our soldiers in Iraq are being hurt and killed. Please there are worst things in life right now…. So I agree with the Dad, good riddins to you all who dont like it. Then dont look at it and keep your dumb comments to yourself….

Best of luck tothe happy couple and always remember to take care of each other and a lot of compromising…..

30. Nic says:

I actually think this is a very sweet picture. The only thing that kind of takes away from that is the butt grab. He shoud have had his hand on the small of her back or something instead.

31. Brittani says:

I hope I look like that when I’m pregnant, haha

32. Boos says:

I think its a nice picture… they look in love and like a really cute couple. Kudos Dad and everyone else who likes it…

33. Michelle says:

The guy in this pic has been one of my best friends for over a decade, and they are one of the sweetest couples in the world. This is a gorgeous picture of one of the happiest times in their lives- when they were getting ready for the birth of their son. Love you guys!

34. Das Couch says:

Haha, yes! I framed this picture at work, as well as some others for the same people. All very out of the ordinary…

35. Tracy says:

Absolutely beautiful photo. Lovely young people, very artistic.

I’m sorry some people are terrified of human nudity and pregnancy. Don’t let them get to you, remember that that’s their problem, not yours.

36. Kitten says:

Somehow this picture looks so much better after having seen “Saturday Night Special: He’s Having a Baby” LMAO

37. rory says:

wait this is actually the funniest thing ive ever seen, just the look on his face and the hand on the cheek and his tattoo haaaa

38. OBGYNKanobi says:

lol hand…on…the buttocks

39. Angi says:

I really can’t understand why most Americans freak out because of nudity. What’s wrong with you people??!!??
    This is a beautiful picture (x’ept maybe for the bleached hair)
    If you can’t associate whit people ‘couse they are comfortable in their own skin…?!!!

Love this picture ^_^

40. Dani says:

I actually like this!

41. the dad says:

1) I am the father and I am not from wisconsin I am from new orleans and none of you know me
    2) You wouldnt know tasteful if it slapped you in the face
    3) I was 24 in this picture she was 19
    4) Not my sister
    5) I agree with the hair comment
    6) Thank you to the ones that do like this picture
    7) Those of you that dont F*ck off cuz its none of your buisness anyway
    8) Grow up

• Hmmmm says:

Dad,
      If it’s none of our business (or buisness), why is it posted here?
      …way to think that one through.

• Aussiechick says:

Who says Dad posted it?

How about focusing on the positives:
        These two obviously really care for each other
        They are happy to be having a child together
        They both look gorgeous and in love

In years to come, when their kid is playing up, or sick, and they are tired and working hard to keep their love alive they can look back at this and remember the joyful start of their family, remember what its all about.

So the photos not to you taste, no reason to bag them out for it.

• the dad says:

You really think i would post a 6 year old picture of me and my wife on a site called awkward family photos. I did not take it off because ignorant people humor me.

• n says:

Stupid people do amuse. Thanks for have the fortitude to withstand them.
          Your wife and you must be at least a little flattered by all of the comparisons to famous beautiful people!

• Christine says:

I think this is a beautiful picture.

• Sam says:

Go,Dad.I love this picture.I don’t know who posted it but you should say thank you.Maybe not the perfect website but a lot of us fell in love with it.Do you have it posted in your home?I think this is an awesome memento for your child.

42. Westbanker says:

They are definitely not from Wisconsin. They are from the Westbank of New Orleans! His name is Dennis. LMAO!

• the dad says:

who are you? Do I know you?

• northshore guy says:

I laughed when I first saw this, but my wife wondered why this picture was considered awkward at all. I like the concept, but the execution seems just a bit off. IMHO, the photographer might have done better without photo filters and the standard photo studio backdrop. If you could have found an outdoor setting around here without bugs flying around everywhere . . .

43. Carrie says:

I think this is very sweet….hand on butt, exposed belly, skin to kin, belly in his crotch, love it…where do you people think she got that belly….HELLO!! if u dont know we need to send u back to Biology 101

THIS IS ART!!!! someone’s personal expression of what the feel at that moment….for this couple it seems to be love and excitment!!!!

44. MyOwnOpinion says:

Beautiful! Being newly pregnant myself………….There is nothing being shown here that is not a work of art! Look at it artistically rather than sexually………..the human body is the most done work of art. Kudos to the models and lovebirds :-) Can’t wait to see more pictures of the happy family

• Kharlos says:

I don’t think many will disagree with you with most of what you’re saying. I’m all about natural beauty, but why are Lifetouch glam shots many people’s way of showing it? Not that its wrong… just awkward.

45. Monica says:

Personally, other than the butt grab, I think it’s sweet. A pregnant woman is the most beautiful thing in the world, so kudos to her for having the nerve and confidence to show it off.

46. Meghan C says:

It’s the movie poster for “Third Trip to the Blue Lagoon”!

47. Hilton says:

The girl look like N. Hilton

48. serpiente says:

this is hilarious. absolutly hilarious. i had to send the link to my family – they love it

49. Rod says:

There is nothing wrong with nudity, or with pregnant women (or any women!) displaying their bodies. But there is SO much wrong with this picture, lol! Just because they are somewhat naked and she is pregnant does not make it a beautiful picture!

• Cassie says:

yes, yes, yes! Thank you! There are plenty of individual elements that are just fine…they just shouldn’t have been put together. And then bad elements were thrown on top. The result is horrific.

50. Dian says:

I like this photo. It’s actually quite sweet.