Pin the Tail

September 2nd, 2009

Pin the Tail - *AFP Hall Of Fame*

Looks like Mom and Dad’s love for each other is infectious…

(submitted by Julie and originally posted at

312 Responses to “Pin the Tail”

1. Trixie says:

great picture! i love it!

2. gina says:

I love how the reflection shows the deed as well. too funny.

3. Sarah says:

What’s great is the reflection in the water. Double your pleasure, double your fun

4. andi says:

So funny!

5. Eric says:

Kudos to the photographer.

6. Darlene says:

I just love this picture of my husband & I, so happy that Julie caught the moment on photo!

7. frizzle says:

I thought donkeys were loud…. how did no one hear them going at it??!!

still best picture ever!! Julie, your parents are awesome!!!

8. Gil says:

I like how the pond even has a reflection of the donkeys. Twice the awkwardness!

9. Maya B says:

Photobombed by the livestock waaaay in the background…too funny!

10. jnmcnally says:

It’s nice to see happy couples

11. sallyomalley says:

LOVE IT!

12. feelinz says:

Hey what the hell is a donkey anyway? I just can’t picture donkeys ever surviving in the wild before they became a farm-domesticated species or whatever it’s called.

13. Jeanne T. says:

It took me a minute to find it……………….that is truly hilarious.

14. Taree says:

Wha…..? Oooooohhhhhh.

15. c says:

At first I thought that it was mean to post this, and then, after reading the comments, I looked in the background and figured it out. ummm. wow.

16. Misty says:

Whats funny is you actually get a double take of it, LOOK AT REFLECTION IN THE WATER…

17. Mackenzie says:

And of course, to add to it all, I get an ad with a pin the tail on the donkey.
    Ironic, much?

18. Mike, AR says:

the donkey has a crossbow

19. Jeannie says:

The reflection in the water is perfect!!!

20. Dorothy says:

This is like Sarah Palin being interviewed in front of the turkeys being slaughtered!

21. Chestna says:

Wouldn’t it be cool if that were a backdrop in a photography studio?

22. Kathy says:

Looks like an Irish Setter and a Donkey. Nothing wrong with that…..

23. JC says:

Love the DONKEY’s reflection in the water as well. So Tasteful. =)~

24. Jesse says:

I couldn’t quite figure out what was wrong with this photo. Then my eyes focused on what was happening in the background. And I then had a good laugh.

25. LT says:

I laughed right out load!

• JOG says:

I was at work looking at this pic with my boss and co-workers (we love AFP) all of us wondering what was so……then I SCREECHED and pointed to it when I saw it – My boss cracked up, then called me a PIG since I was the first one to see it. Awkward!!!!

26. Jesse says:

I was trying to figure out what the title was refering to. I was thinking he was grabbing her butt or she was trying to be sly as she was removing something from his…

Then I caught a glance at the scenery…OH!! Pin THAT tail on THAT donkey!!!

I getcha. Colorful indeed.

27. Susan says:

This is awesome, a photobomb of the highest order. Donkey jacked!

28. Michael says:

Actually the photog was the daughter ;o)

29. anaisparker says:

“Old MacDonald had a farm…And on his farm he had some a**! Ei Ei Oh My God!!!!

30. Modine says:

Isn’t nature wonderful?

31. lucesociator says:

The donkeys are also featured a second time in the water reflection. Such a peaceful pond.

32. madkathy says:

I love that it’s also caught in the reflection in the pond.

33. Tishomingo says:

This is art in its truest form. See how the reflection of Donkey Love is perfectly framed by the dock in the pond ? This photgrapher was an Artiste (said with French accent) and it makes me sad that you all can’t appreciate it.

34. It took me a minute to realize what was going on in the background…

35. Also. For the record….

My parents TOTALLY have this hanging up in their home (and office).

They are the coolest parents ever and love this photo.

36. Jessica says:

the bottom looks like a donkey, the top looks like a billy goat. I think i see horns on the top lover.

37. Beqi says:

I know the photographer personally. This is totally, 100% real. Also, it’s totally, 100% hiLARious.

38. Steve says:

I doubt it’s chopped, looks like just a few tweaks to enhance the fill light to bring the subjects out. And it’s easy enough to miss, nice scene, donkeys wandering around, rattle four or five shots, somewhere around three love gets in the air…..I just hope it was caught before being hung in the living room!

39. Shannon says:

All I have to say is LOL!!!! That is beyond hilarious. It caught me off guard. I was looking at it thinking what are these people thinking. Its not an awkward photo and then i saw Do you think these people having hanging on there living room wall hopeing people wont notice?

40. phishnchick says:

It almost looks like a dog mounting a donkey. Wouldn’t be out of the question. I’ve seen a dog mount a person’s leg before….

Maybe this is where that thing in the bathtub came from!?

41. I am the submitter at photographer. A few things.

Those are my parents, and we had been taking family photos at my uncle’s farm for a couple of hours. Seriously, as a photographer, nothing challenges you more than your OWN family. Which is probably why I hadn’t noticed.

I will swear on a Bible, that this was not planned, posed or photoshopped in any way. My husband noticed AFTER I posted it on flickr. I was *obviously* not observant in this case. Here is the link to the original on flickr:

Glad to have given you all a laugh!

• Kate says:

Julie, thanks for that. It’s made my day! I too looked at the photo and thought how mean it was for those two people to be considered awkward. The colours are beautiful, the setting gorgeous and they look great.

I had to check the comments to see what I was missing….and HILARIOUS. Not sure you could have planned better! I love the fact that it’s hanging in their living room, it’s one fo those pictures you go ‘awww’ at and then do a double-take and a ‘what the?’ They must have a fabulous sense of humour!

• Lori says:

You don’t have to defend your pictures, or rather you shouldn’t have to that is. Ignore the photoshop police. You are an awesome photographer!

• Silverfish says:

Not to mention that most of the time the “Photoshop police” have never used Photoshop or even know how it operates. (I am actually familiar with the program and use it for graphic design, in case anyone was wondering about MY credentials…) One person said “I can tell because of the pixels and because I’ve seen a lot of Photoshops.” Any American who has ever looked at an ad, magazine, or commercial has seen a Photoshop job – doesn’t make ‘em an expert!

42. alice says:

43. Gurl says:

What king of photog misses this kind of this! Composition 101!

44. Awkward Turtle says:

I think that’s Rover with the donkey. If loving you is wrong, I don’t want to be right!

45. No offense to the offenders, but what’s nearly as funny as the photo are the comments. These are DONKEYS, folks, not dogs or cows.

Donkeys are infinitely funnier than dogs and cows anyway… :)

• Penny says:

Donkeys are ALWAYS funnier than dogs or cows…

• mel says:

Hmm can’t tell the difference between dogs, cows, or donkeys – perhaps a lot of city folk posting?? LOL Who hasn’t heard the wive’s tale of some California boys who went hunting in Nebraska(or insert you’re state here) and tried to turn in a couple of cows to the game warden assuming they had bagged a few does? :o)

46. Joanne says:

Well there’s always cropping!

47. Tammy says:

Hope this doesn’t ruin the fun but this looks very fake, a pretty obvious composite.

48. SOFEEEUH says:

at first i thought it was cute…then i saw the backround o.O

49. Derek says:

I saw this and thought. Now why is this on here… Photo is decent… Scenery is beautiful… and then WT*… What is that??? I saw them in all of their glory. So classic.

50. dsto says:

How do they get those donkeys to do it on command? I mean, I can’t get my dog to sit down for a picture…….
    “5….4…3…Cue the donkey’!”