TGIM

September 6th, 2009

These co-workers prove that awkwardness also extends to your office family. Happy Labor Day from AFP!

(submitted by Abby & Vanessa)

139 Responses to “TGIM”

1. Kelli says:

My favorite is the middle one. It was a noble attempt, but it falls short in so many ways. Is guy#2 on the front row wear a fleece vest? Are we using cheap siding as a backgdrop?

Klassy.

2. Chestna says:

Dear Lady in Black Skirt on the Labyrinth,

I like your skirt and sandals.

However, you seem to be missing the point of this maze thing. Please stop cheating. It is not fair for everyone else to come out of this thing dizzier than you are because you want to “work smarter, not harder.” While that is a cute sentiment, a true team player would diligently follow the path and stay within the lines, observing all proper turnarounds, rather than casually stepping across every which way as you are doing.

Please adjust your maze-walking accordingly and kindly pass this guidance on to everyone else who is doing his own thing. I know you are not the only one not following proper protocol, but you have drawn attention to yourself by being the most obvious.

I also like your haircut.

Sincerely,
    Middle pleased-with-myself-for-having-sandwiched-the-criticism-between-two-compliments Management

3. Choogie says:

“I don’t get it”
    -Tom Hanks in ‘Big’

4. Hannah says:

In the picture with all the suits, I immediately chose my favorite awkward person. Then quickly realized that another may be my favorite. I did this several times, as there are so many awkward people in that picture. (My top three: guys #2 and #4 in the back row and the first guy in the front row.)

5. NotTheOtherCharlene says:

The first picture is inappropriate for a business photo; the background is unprofessional and the touching is totally inappropriate (not to mention the woman isn’t dressed appropriately either for a business setting either). In the second photo, the guy in the front row clearly didn’t know how to dress for a professional photo. I’m surprised they didn’t send him home to change. The third photo is just plain bad, unless it’s a photo of a company that makes sundials.

6. Mamacrab says:

“Join us for our 25th Anniversary at the COMANY OF THE DAMNED, where we wander the Labyrinth for all eternity, complete with ominous shadows!”

7. XLscooper says:

Middle picture, front row, right to left, power tie, power tie, power tie, power vest, power tie.

Bottom picture, guy in blue shirt on the left…thought he had time for one more shirt tuck. But guess not!

8. DJ says:

I don’t get it either.

9. Fanboy Wife says:

Awkward at home and at the office… Let’s hope they took these photos during regular business hours so they got paid.

10. Karen says:

Not feeling a whole lot of awkwardness here.
    The top picture….really bad wallpaper, but an otherwise happy looking group. The middle picture….some bad hair, everyone seems squeezed in too tight, guy in front wearing some bizzarre shirt and vest combo, sort of looks like a law firm. Bottom picture looks like some sort of crop circle gone bad….somebody thought it would be “creative,” but instead it just looks silly.

11. Ummm...........Greg? says:

Lame

12. I really enjoy this web site, but the current group illustrates a lurking problem. Often a picture is only awkward if someone tells you it is. Once they do, you start digging and probing until you “discover” something, even though there may be no there there.

13. jenniep says:

(bottom pic) next year marney plans the company picnic due to the total lack of regulation chairs for the pre-lunch ice breaker of musical chairs

14. Manda says:

I definitely don’t get the 1st one, and the last one isn’t strikingly awkward to me. I wonder if perhaps that’s exactly what they were going for with the invitation. Dunno.

15. KatieMB says:

The first pic is a work pic? Wonder where they work.

16. Snowrider says:

Middle picture, the woman in the back row, far right. She looks JUST like a character from a Gary Larson “The Far Side” cartoon. And why isn’t ANYBODY holding a dog, kitten, skunk or compound bow?! No arm shelves either! No photoshopping!…..NOTHING. This is so awkward!

17. Elyse says:

i love how the guy in the first picture has his arm around his coworker but is making sure to not actually touch her

18. Tracie says:

I agree…where’s the awkwardness?

19. Etraking says:

The guys in the second picture look preserved and ancient, the guys in the third picture remind me of one of those scenes from The Happening…as for the first one…ahem.

20. Amanda says:

Well, with the top one, assuming he’s JUST a coworker, I would say hand placement on the rear is a tad awkward. And the man sitting may need to lay down if he turns his head to look at the woman, cause then he would have a face full of somethin somethin. But…. other then that…. it’s not too bad.

21. binkymae says:

1 Average awkward
    2 Normal nerdy
    3 Ignorant idea

22. Dan says:

The first one looks awkwardly similar to a funeral home.

23. Sally says:

The last one is hilarious.

24. Jolois says:

I don’t get these ones either. Why are the 3 of them clumped together and what does TGIM stand for?

25. bec says:

What does TGIM stand for?

26. Nancy says:

The first thing that came to mind in the first is that the guy sitting is usually wheelchair bound but they helped him into a regular chair for the photo, the second – now I have “yehaw cowboy” in my head, and I wonder if they are supposed to be candles on a cake in the 3rd?

27. Bridey says:

Having people standing around looking bewildered, bored, or cheesed off on a sort of vaguely anatomical-looking maze thing gives a great impression of a company. Maybe it’s lasted 25 years because everyone’s too confused to find their way out of the parking lot and go home.

The other pics don’t seem especially awkward, though.

28. Zen says:

the first one- imagining myself and two other co-workers in that particular set up just makes me feel weird.
    the dude on the top left has no idea what to do with his left hand, the chick is ready for the after party, and the guy in the front is awkwardly counting down the seconds till these people take their awkward hands off of him.

but i will say i like how the flower in the background looks like it is in her hair. it is the most unawkward part of the photo.

29. Ninjacat says:

Is their 25th anniversary going to be spent being beamed up by the mothership?

30. emm says:

top pic: bachelorette VI just before the final rose ceremony. (the dude in the back is sure hes got this one sewn up, but mr. optimistic up front isnt giving up that easily…)

middle: ‘casual friday’ with the supreme court. now guess which one doesnt belong…

bottom: this is like a combination of the nazca lines and crop circles. must be from northern california…

31. Tamara says:

The bottom picture looks just like all my son’s Wii Miis before he blows the whistle and makes them line up.

32. Tamara says:

Ooo, my back hurts just looking at that top picture…

33. Morris says:

Are you sure the first pic in this set isn’t a family photo? Looks like husband and wife in back…dad in the chair in front. Cute if it really is a family, definitely awkward if it’s co-workers (but, maybe they are as close as a family?).

Pic #2…Love the grin on the guy bottom left!

And the last one takes the cake. Was anyone else thinking “zombies in a maze” when they saw it? Shoot them in the brains!

34. Adam says:

The top picture made my f****** year!

35. austingrl says:

Ok, I don’t get it. Are these 3 photos related?

36. er says:

is the one on top awkward because she is wearing something inappropriate for work? or because it looks like they’re pushing that man down in his chair? i guess the second one is because of the man with no suit jacket… the third one i thought was a really old one that i’ve seen a lot before. still awkward, but idk, meh.

• KatieMB says:

Her outfit is definitely inappropriate for every company I’ve worked at, but mebbe their definition of casual work attire includes going strapless. Yikes!

37. Lisa says:

I’m thinking there’s something very odd about the relationship between those first three — what is the connection between the couple standing and the man in the chair, who they are both touching??

38. Brittany says:

Haha…that last picture reminds me of the episode of The Office when Michael tried to make his own commercial. Nice.

39. Sophie says:

1- who on earth is the third guy???

2- the guy in red decided to channel a bit of Elvis

3 -awkward

40. PourpreNoir says:

yeahhhh, not sure how these 3 are even related….

41. Hypnotist says:

They’re actually using the cornfield one at the end for the upcoming movie “The Invasion.”

42. sarah says:

oh and in the 3rd on at first glance it looks like the guy in front is peeing…

• nite owl says:

After I went back and looked, several of the men could be accused of looking like they’re peeing! The one guy in the middle, though…he’s just a zombie — that’s what happens after 25 years at the company I guess!

43. greg says:

I thought that first pic was an awkward love triangle. But then I saw the guy in the back was holding his cell phone in his left hand instead of cupping the lady. Then it just gets weird.

44. Michelle M says:

The middle one is awkward because check out that front row! All sitting with thier hands on their thighs in the same way. Not to mention the uncomfortable smiles.
    The first one is awkward because I’m assuming they are co-workers since the theme is labor day. Why would co-workers be posing like that? Awkward.

45. sarah says:

huh. it took me a long time to get it too… i think it’s supposed to be awkward because these are all business people… so like the first one they posed like a family would… but it’s people in a business. yeah, i’m tired too… maybe i don’t get it either. Is there something more awkward about the first one?

the second one…. cant find much awkward except their hands are all on their legs? though thats not very awkward.

the 3rd one is awkward.

46. Jeff says:

Clearly the guy in the front row in the middle picture didn’t get the “Suit Jacket Required” memo.

47. Kyle says:

The last one is one of those ideas that sounds great when you talk about it, but is terrible in practice. The middle one is just a bunch of suits…not sure why its awkward…can anyone tell me what I’m missing? The first one’s not terribly bad either.

48. jitterbug says:

I’m tired….and really do not GET this one???