An Apple A Wedding Day

November 19th, 2009

An Apple A Wedding Day - *AFP Hall Of Fame*

On second thought, he decided to keep the ring.

(submitted by John)

230 Responses to “An Apple A Wedding Day”

1. Pat says:

With the slightly sinister look he’s giving the ring, I assume it’s the one ring to rule them all. I’m just thinking that this is some sort of Lord of the Rings/Book of Genesis fanfic crossover.

2. RAB10 says:

Yes, but why is the apple the only thing in color?

3. Pamela says:

It is a tradition in Eastern European countries to present the engagement ring inside of an apple.

4. Rawbone says:

Can we say Eve?

5. Andy says:

That dude is HUGE!!!

6. Spoo says:

I’m with Anna.
    Mmmm, delicious apple, why get married when you can have this delicious apple instead?! Ssssss.

7. Mel says:

I’ve just been to an ‘alternative’ wedding with the couple presenting each other with wedding rings and an apple, as a symbol of enduring love and abundance… Or so the ‘alternative’ minister said. Couple is from the UK.

8. Steve says:

Ok, this may be too far, but shouldn’t she be holding a cherry, not an apple?

• Kevin says:

My first thought: “And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. “

9. Michael says:

The only thing missing is the serpent……

10. Kira says:

The bride looks like one of the ladies from despret housewifes !

11. Anna says:

Here Adam, take a bite,…it won’t hurt a bit!

12. Maldoror says:

So THAT’S where they got the idea for the cover of the “Twilight’ books.

13. Sue says:

His tie is on backwards

14. Audra says:

I taught English in Poland – Bialystok. I believe this couple is Polish – I base that upon the name in the picture. I had a student tell me that she hoped I found “my apple” in Poland…meaning, she hoped I found my love – the apple of my eye – in Poland. That is an expression there. I think that is what the Apple represents in this picture.

• marcin moczarny says:

the apple represents the original sin. the apple of eden. it’s a symbol of a woman giving herself to a man. the ring says- “i own you”. isn’t polish culture great.

• joseph94266 says:

actually i believe this is just stephanie meyer’s rabid fans gone mad with vampire obsession. he is obviously brooding and she looks oblivious and awkwardly giddy!

• Kitten K. Boodle says:

Isn’t there some sort of apple symbolism in “Twilight”? Maybe because you bite apples like vampires bite necks? Nobody could know LESS about “Twilight” than I do.

• spicegirl says:

You’re a little off. She was probably refering to your other ‘half of an apple’ (which is an expression in Polish, there is no ‘apple of my eye’ expression in Polish) and I think the symbolism on this picture is about them becoming 1. You know, 2 halves of an apple… A little risky with the girl holding the apple, it could totally mean the original sin haha.

• nodoka says:

I am from Poland and I confirm what you’ve written. It may be about two halves of an apple, at least I can’t think of anything else to explain this :P But on the other hand, shouldn’t they cut the apple in half to make the idea more clear?
        It may actually be connected with original sin, though shouldn’t they be naked?
        Who knows what they had in mind:D